Home

OBG's Official St. Louis Blues (NHL 11 Thread)

This is a discussion on OBG's Official St. Louis Blues (NHL 11 Thread) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2010, 03:06 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: OBG's Official St. Louis Blues (NHL 11 Thread)

I really liked the plays of the month and recap. Is there any trades you're thinking about coming up with to maybe spark some of the guys?
Old 09-28-2010, 03:31 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 17

Excellent work OBG, as always. Agree, any moves your looking to do?
Tarasenko has done well for you, hopefully he can keep it up.

By the way love your sliders too..
Old 09-28-2010, 05:26 PM   #51
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by roolz
Tough loss to the Canucks... but good read again, I enjoy the recaps and articles .
Thanks!!! Glad to hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjbiman
I really liked the plays of the month and recap. Is there any trades you're thinking about coming up with to maybe spark some of the guys?
At the moment there are no trades in the works. I'm giving everyone ample time to 'get it together'. The St. Louis Blues is a very mature and patient organization. Nothing is ever done impulsively or based on any 'knee jerk' reaction and I typically try to replicate that in my chises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomp05
Excellent work OBG, as always. Agree, any moves your looking to do?
Tarasenko has done well for you, hopefully he can keep it up.

By the way love your sliders too..
Thanks!!! Glad to see you around and also that you are enjoying the sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #52
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Halak Helps Blues To Victory Over Columbus

(17-9-1) CLB 3
(16-11-0) STL 4
Shots CLB 36 STL 24
PP CLB 0/2 STL 1/3

In a Central Division Battle of the Titans, the St. Louis Blues would prevail despite being outshot 36-24 behind a stellar 33 save performance by Jaroslav Halak.

Patrick Berglund would score his 11th and 12th goals of the season in 1st period and Roman Polak would notch 3 points on 1 goal and 2 assists.

Andy McDonald continues to produce adding a pair of assists and now has 11 goals and 12 assists through 27 games. David Perron continues to turn his game around scoring another goal while the Blue Jackets would get markers from Nikita Filatov, Derick Brassard, and Antoine Vermette.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Blues Double Up Canes

(13-13-2) CAR 2
(17-11-0) STL 4
Shots CAR 20 STL 21
PP CAR 0/3 STL 1/3

The St. Louis Blues remain hot, having now won 9 of their last 12 games.

TJ Oshie would lead the Note with a goal (7th) and an assist. Also chipping in for St. Louis would be the red hot Andy McDonald while Alex Steen and Roman Polak would also get on the board. Jaroslav Halak continues to play solid between the pipes, stopping 18 of 20 shots.

The Canes recieved goals from Eric Cole and Chad LaRose in the defeat.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Lowly Wings Stomp Blues At The Joe

(17-12-0) STL 2
(10-16-4) DET 5
Shots STL 21 DET 34
PP STL 0/1 DET 3/5

The Redwings powerplay was hot tonight, going 3-5 in a 5-2 route of St. Louis.

Ty Conklin would keep the Blues in the game during the first, as the two teams would enter the 2nd period tied 1-1 despite Detroit holding a 15-5 shot advantage on the night. The Redwings would outshoot the Blues 14-1 in the games first 12 minutes.

Henrik Zetterberg would score his 13th and 14th goals of the season while adding an assist while former Blue Paul Kariya would also dent the twine for Detroit. The Wings would receive additional contributions from Todd Bertuzzi and Brian Rafalski.

Brad Boyes scored his 10th goal of the season in the match and his 5th goal in the 6 games played in December. Alex Pietrangelo recorded the Blues only other marker with Carlo Colaiacovo assisting on both Blues tallies.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:23 PM   #53
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Blues Dethrone Kings

(14-12-0) LAK 2
(18-12-0) STL 5
Shots LAK 25 STL 30
PP LAK 1/2 STL 1/3

Andy McDonald remains hot for the Blues. With 2 goals and 1 assist tonight McDonald has now racked up 11 points (3G, 8A) in his last 7 games.

"I'm just really feeling it right now. There comes a time in the season when the game really slows down and it becomes easier to make plays. Thats were I am right now," said McDonald who has found great chemistry with Alex Steen and Brad Boyes on the Blues top unit.

Erik Johnson (2G, 1A) and Alex Steen (3A) would also record three point evenings while Jaroslav Halak would stop 23 of 25 Los Angeles shots in the victory

Tarasenko To Miss A Week (Sprained Wrist)

Vladimir Tarasenko, who is 2nd in the NHL rookie scoring race with 7 goals and 13 assists in 30 games, will miss 2-3 games with a sprained wrist after missing a hit on Jarret Stoll during the Blues 5-2 win over Los Angeles. Cam Janssen will reportedly get some playing time over the next week.

Sharks Hand Blues 1st SO Loss Of Season

(16-15-1) SJS 3
(18-12-1) STL 2
Shots SJS 27 STL 25
PP SJS 2-6 STL 1-3

It had to happen sometime.

It took the St. Louis Blues 31 games to finally accumulate their first loss in extra time this season when the San Jose Sharks would get goals from Patrik Marleau and Joe Thornton in a 3-2 SO win in St. Louis.

The Blues would enter the 3rd period trailing 2-1 and outshot 19-11 over the first 40 minutes before pressing the Sharks in the final frame of regulation, outshooting San Jose 12-3 and tying the game on TJ Hensick's 1st goal of the season.

David Perron would score the Blues other goal and Joe Thornton and Jamie McGinn would tally for the Sharks in regulation.

Antti Niemi was solid for the Sharks, stopping 23 of 25 St. Louis shots in the win.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Blues Completely Shut Down Vancouver

(16-14-1) VAN 0
(19-12-1) STL 4
Shots VAN 10 STL 35
PP VAN 0-2 STL 0-2

The Vancouver Canucks were completely outmatched tonight in St. Louis, suffering a 4-0 loss while only managing 10 shots on goal.

"We're embarrassed. We should be able to play better than that in our sleep," stated Vancouver captian Roberto Luongo who stopped 31 of 35 Blues shots on the night.

The Blues would get yet another three point night from Andy McDonald, who now has 15 goals on the season. David Perron and Brad Boyes also chipped in with thier 8th and 11th goals respectively.

Jaroslav Halak recorded his 2nd shutout of the season.

"I'd better get a shutout, I faced 10 harmless shots!!!", quipped Halak postgame.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:56 AM   #54
Pro

puckhead73's Arena

OVR: 6

Great game against the Canucks, I've hated them ever since they came back against us a years ago when we were up in the series 3-1, then getting swept by them certainly hasn't removed the bitter taste from my mouth...
Old 09-29-2010, 09:56 AM   #55
MVP

OVR: 17

Another nice run there. Go blues Go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 11:03 AM   #56
Pro

HeroWorship's Arena

OVR: 5

The Blues are playing better, which is nice to see. Sucks you lost Tarasenko for a week, because he appears to be a contender for the Calder. Still, Halak seems to be picking up the slack, and hopefully, the Blues continue there way to winning the division.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »