Home

Madden 18 1994 Roster

This is a discussion on Madden 18 1994 Roster within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2018, 11:30 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 1994 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Correct, they lost to San Diego in the Divisional Round.

That AFC title game is now no longer the worst playoff loss in franchise history for my Steelers.......GD Jaguars lol
Old 01-21-2018, 12:48 PM   #10
MVP

Just a quick update as to where I am right now on the roster.

I have completed the AFC East Teams. I have started to work on the AFC Central. I have the Steelers finished and I have started the Browns.

Things are moving along smoothly at this point. The Steelers defense is highly rated. It will be tough to play them for sure.

I am hoping to have some more time to edit this evening. If all goes well I will finish the Browns tonight and maybe the Bengals.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:08 PM   #11
MVP

A note about ratings for this roster:

For those who have played my rosters, you know my system. For those who do not, here is a little insight.

QBs: When you look the OVR you will be shocked! They are LOW. However, they will play true to life AND when you sim games in CFM you will love the results. AWR ratings are especially lower as this helps in sim games to both lower completion percentage, but more importantly, forces INTs. However, in played games, you will see proper play by the QBs. Top QBs such as Marino, Montana, Young, Aikman will make amazing throws, avoid pressure and stand above the QB pack. Bad starters, of which there were several in 1994, will play poorly. They may have the occasional great game, but the next game they might play like crap. Just like their real-life counterparts.

RBs: The only big change here is with BCV. I cap that rating at about 85, except for a couple of guys which might push 90. This has no noticeable effect on played games and cpu control. However, in simmed games and season stats, it helps to prevent everybody from averaging over 5 yard per carry.

FBs: They tend to be highly rated because of the way Madden figures OVR.

WRs: Fairly consistent with normal Madden ratings.

TEs: Lower rated than normal Madden in terms of receiving. The top guys will play like it. However, you should see more drops from TEs and fewer TEs at the top of the receptions list at the end of the season.

OLINE: I have a system which helps is based on stats that creates, what I think, is a pretty great experience for blocking. You will notice guys rated in the 90s and starters into the 70s. Backups go down into the 60s and the occasional 50s.

DLine: Based on a combo of team and individual stats. The only big change is the PUR rating is largely capped at 85. This helps prevent guys from having huge sack numbers. They still play well in game, follow QBs, cut off RBs, and cause disruption.

LBs: Outside guys have their PUR capped at about 85 as well. Other than that, LB ratings are pretty consistent with normal Madden ratings.

CBs: The main difference here is with PRESS rating which is higher than normal. However, in 1994, the NFL was starting to open up the passing game compared to many of my other roster years. Still, the higher PRESS rating makes for a more dynamic passing experience between receiver and DB.

Ss: Both safety positions are a little higher rated than normal It helps control the offensive nature of Madden.

Ks and Ps: Based on their stats. They are lower rated than normal Madden ratings. You will see only a few Kickers trying long kicks and you will see misses. The only down side here is that you might see more blocks than normal. However, this is not something I have tested heavily as I rarely play with current rosters so I do not have a solid base line. However, the blocks are not out of control

I hope this helps in understanding the roster when it comes out. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2018, 05:14 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

That should be fun taking over a Bears team that was about to head in to some dark years. I'm looking forward to using the ultra back, Raymont Harris
Old 01-21-2018, 05:20 PM   #13
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Humphrey was with the Dolphins in 1992. He was out of the NFL in 93 and 94 and then tried to make a comeback with the Bills in 95. 1994 featured Terry Kirby (who was injured much of the season), Bernie Parmalee, and Keith Byars (also injured much of the season).

Still a good season for the Dolphins. The famous "Fake Spike" game against the Jets.
I am getting old

LOL
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 01-22-2018, 07:40 PM   #14
Just started!

This is great, lets try to give Joe Cool his five ring with the Chiefs
Old 01-22-2018, 09:57 PM   #15
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

This is such great news. My pc is blown out and I was able to manage to get to os through my phone. Just wanted to say ty for this amazing set! I don't see the need for 19 personally with such great rosters from the community!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2018, 09:26 PM   #16
MVP

Just to keep everyone up to date...

The roster is moving along well. I have finished the AFC East and AFC Central. I have started the AFC West.

I have done a little testing here in there and the roster is playing well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »