Home

M19 1985 Season Roster PS4

This is a discussion on M19 1985 Season Roster PS4 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2019, 10:32 AM   #297
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: M19 1985 Season Roster PS4

What xp sliders are people using?
Old 01-22-2019, 07:18 PM   #298
MVP

I wanted to everyone know that JoshC1977 has posted an edited version of the 1985 roster. The edit adds in the "High Motor" Trait for impact players.
The base roster that I created did not work as well with his slider set and, as he points out, the trait is an important one when used correctly.

I have not yet downloaded and used his edited version, but I know that if he says it works, it works. So, if you use his sliders, I highly recommend using his version of the roster. He has specifics in his slider thread.

User ID: JoshC1977
File name: 1985Edited
Old 01-22-2019, 07:27 PM   #299
MVP

As a side-note to my last post:

When I created this roster I went into it using logic that applied to previous Madden games as well as trying to fix some of the problems with M19 when it first came out. So, I made global edits, based in part at least from iMACs ideas.

However, in the fully patched game, I do not believe that complete global edits are the best way to make the game function. The traits are there for a reason and help to separate players and player types beyond the basic ratings. Global edits minimize those separations and make the players too much alike.

I will NOT be editing 1985 anymore and the future draft classes for the roster will match in terms of traits so that the draft classes do not conflict with the base roster. However, if I do any future rosters, I will be using the traits.

Now, some of the traits will be somewhat consistent. For instance, high motor will be off for the majority of the roster. However, players who were truly high motor guys will get the trait. Linebackers will generally be conservative for playing the ball. But a couple may get balanced. Most defensive backs will be balanced, but INT leaders will get aggressive trait and a few guys may end up as conservative.

I hope all of that makes sense. Now, I do not yet know if I am going to do another roster, or when it will be; but, I wanted to let everyone know what my thinking is moving forward. I welcome opinions and discussions on traits and such.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:49 PM   #300
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
As a side-note to my last post:

When I created this roster I went into it using logic that applied to previous Madden games as well as trying to fix some of the problems with M19 when it first came out. So, I made global edits, based in part at least from iMACs ideas.

However, in the fully patched game, I do not believe that complete global edits are the best way to make the game function. The traits are there for a reason and help to separate players and player types beyond the basic ratings. Global edits minimize those separations and make the players too much alike.

I will NOT be editing 1985 anymore and the future draft classes for the roster will match in terms of traits so that the draft classes do not conflict with the base roster. However, if I do any future rosters, I will be using the traits.

Now, some of the traits will be somewhat consistent. For instance, high motor will be off for the majority of the roster. However, players who were truly high motor guys will get the trait. Linebackers will generally be conservative for playing the ball. But a couple may get balanced. Most defensive backs will be balanced, but INT leaders will get aggressive trait and a few guys may end up as conservative.

I hope all of that makes sense. Now, I do not yet know if I am going to do another roster, or when it will be; but, I wanted to let everyone know what my thinking is moving forward. I welcome opinions and discussions on traits and such.
Well I appreciate the hard effort from all of you continuing trying to make a base game expand into more creativity.

I agree with you on this traits issue, I cant think of the guys name off hand but he is the ratings guy for madden, and some where I heard on espn, that they were going to be doing like a small look into madden and how ratings were determined.

And the guy was explaining how know one hardly recognizes him, but when he goes to nfl games he has on the madden press pass, and everyone litterally attacked him over the ratings in the game. Lol

But I said all that to say yes after this game fully patched and using some edited rosters, btw are awesome using funkycorms roster with the fictional draft classes set up.

You can see the difference in gameplay, I also agree with you on Josh side of the coin if he saying it's working you can pretty much take it to the bank. And to be honest I'm starting to wonder about this as something of a new technology kinda being brought in under the radar sorta speak.

I mean in 2k19 compared to 2k18, the A.i plays totally different I mean it is night and day. The sliders are effecting the game more in a negative way now if you try to take it out of its original state, but when you leave it with very little changes the game is playing pure amazing.

When I look at madden and when you talk about the separation your seeing and how it should be used, it kinda starting to make sense the devs could be coding these games now, your right when you change the sliders to much you might be taking the game out of it's natural animation elements, and maybe that's something the devs are trying and just seeing if anyone will pick up on it.

I mean one thing I can say, using Armors Sliders and his playing approach with funkycorms roster is good and very responsive, unbelievably responsive.

I'm having that same effect with mjwizards classic rosters as well as timsmooths503pa. And using Schnaidt1 Slider set giving me those same results.

So I'm thinking as well we could be on to something as well.

Last edited by StormsWarning; 01-22-2019 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:15 PM   #301
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I wanted to everyone know that JoshC1977 has posted an edited version of the 1985 roster. The edit adds in the "High Motor" Trait for impact players.
The base roster that I created did not work as well with his slider set and, as he points out, the trait is an important one when used correctly.

I have not yet downloaded and used his edited version, but I know that if he says it works, it works. So, if you use his sliders, I highly recommend using his version of the roster. He has specifics in his slider thread.

User ID: JoshC1977
File name: 1985Edited
Just as an FYI, I am having issues with the upload right now (apparently the share is experiencing issues). I'll re-post once it is up again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2019, 06:23 PM   #302
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Just as an FYI, I am having issues with the upload right now (apparently the share is experiencing issues). I'll re-post once it is up again.
Madden Share is a mess this year. I have had a lot of problems this year. It will work eventually.
Old 01-25-2019, 05:00 PM   #303
MVP

I was wondering if anyone has experienced any problems with the 1986 draft class. I was told that it freezes the game when certain players are drafted. I have not made it that far yet to start drafting, but I was curious is anyone has had freezing or other problems.
Old 01-25-2019, 05:45 PM   #304
Pro

Quote:
I was wondering if anyone has experienced any problems with the 1986 draft class. I was told that it freezes the game when certain players are drafted. I have not made it that far yet to start drafting, but I was curious is anyone has had freezing or other problems.
No issue on my end, but it's fun to watch Bo wear a Steelers uniform lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »