Home

OhMrHanky's 'Nother Slider Set - All-Pro, Penalties, and Auto-Subs

This is a discussion on OhMrHanky's 'Nother Slider Set - All-Pro, Penalties, and Auto-Subs within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2014, 12:14 PM   #49
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OhMrHanky's 'Nother Slider Set - All-Pro, Penalties, and Auto-Subs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Aaaaaaand, the first play of the game is a coverage sack. Lol. That's alright, the Super Bowl I last played started with 2 coverage sacks on cam newton with my old settings. And, I know 1 play isn't enough to test. I'm going to keep IG low for a few games and see if it feels different. I just love when trying to tweak something like 'I want less sacks. Let's try this.' And, the first play u see what u don't want to see. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaaaaaaand, I just had my first frozen game!! Lol, gotta be that IG 31, man. Gotta be. I've never had the game freeze on xbox one yet. Lol. Before it froze, I got a ridiculous coverage sack where the QB just stood there for 10+ secs and finally took a hit. Overall, I am seeing the QB get rid of the ball quickly, so this may be the way to go. I think another slider that affects the actual release of the ball by the CPU QB is the hum tackle slider. I think lowering this slider has the effect of 'I can't tackle, therefore the tackle animation won't get triggered, instead the QB throwing the ball animation gets triggered.' So, I'm going to slowly lower that as well and see if it helps. I just don't want to see the CPU RB breaking tackles all day either. But, maybe that will help.

Old 03-01-2014, 12:38 PM   #50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Aaaaaaand, the first play of the game is a coverage sack. Lol. That's alright, the Super Bowl I last played started with 2 coverage sacks on cam newton with my old settings. And, I know 1 play isn't enough to test. I'm going to keep IG low for a few games and see if it feels different. I just love when trying to tweak something like 'I want less sacks. Let's try this.' And, the first play u see what u don't want to see. Lol.

ALWAYYYSSS happened to me when I first started this crap lol. Of course I was too stubborn so I immediately reset. I think I played Giants vs. Cowboys Week 1 over 150 times lol.

I'm a fan of sliders being adjusted higher or lower based off of like a 20-25 scale from 50. I have Off. Hold. FS. at 90 only because I think it enables ALL penalties to be called more frequently (well only the one's Madden calls anyway). I read in the earlier posts, from like 2 years ago, in that main Penalty Sliders Explained thread that everyone uses, that the idea with lowered Grounding is that it makes the QB more patient in the pocket. I was a College Baseball player back in the day and I remember being taught that the difference btw good athletes and great athletes, in any sport, is their ability to block out the insignificant stimuli happening around them and remain relaxed and focused on the task at hand. So I'm like, "Hmm well maybe if I make the CPU QB more patient Madden will block out the stimuli and be a real athlete!! ". Of course that didn't happen. What I really saw was more check down passes, which also helped yardage. I think if you go real low though, the QB starts to just check down on every pass and it screws with Completion %. They're there with IntG high but it's like they never want to throw to them (maybe they don't even wanna throw in that general direction knowing they'll get called for IntG? lol idk) Also for some reason felt like My passing game got a little bit harder when I lowered it, could just be me sucking though. My advice is try 40,35,30,25. If you don't see results with that then it probably doesn't work for your set. WTTB and GJD23 have it at 0 but I don't care for 0 sets. Makes the sideline cut scenes screwy. Also, know what the QB's traits are. I saw major differences in playing against Eli (Oblivious to pressure/immobile) and the Giants then I did with Alex Smith (paranoid/mobile) and KC. Sacked Eli 5 times, Alex 1.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:41 PM   #51
Banned

Speaking of traits, have you ever tried switching WR/DB's Plays Ball in Air trait to Aggressive for everyone? I'm wondering if that would affect coverage and make WR's go up for the ball better. Maybe get rid of that DB interaction where he goes into slow-motion and lets WR's make the catch before doing anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2014, 01:02 PM   #52
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ich2233
Speaking of traits, have you ever tried switching WR/DB's Plays Ball in Air trait to Aggressive for everyone? I'm wondering if that would affect coverage and make WR's go up for the ball better. Maybe get rid of that DB interaction where he goes into slow-motion and lets WR's make the catch before doing anything.

I will definitely say THIS on WR attacking the ball. WR catch GOTTA BE 60+. Nobody wants to do this because they think there will never be drops. This is wrong. U have to balance these things out with other sliders, of course. However, specifically speaking to WRs attacking the ball, I saw this madden 13 (I had WR catch at 83!!), and I'm seeing it in 25. This really feels to me like a simple animation deal. It's like madden says, 'ok, at WR catch 40, u only get these 10 animations (all of which SUCK), so now u suck as a WR and drop more balls, never toe tap, etc. At WR catch, 50, u get 5 more animations that might be triggered. Now, you'll catch a few more passes and won't like an idiot on every throw. Now, at 60, we'll add 5-10 more including more aggressive challenge animations. Now, the WR will actually attack the ball, step in front of the DB, high point the catch, try to toe tap more frequently, etc.' This is absolutely what I am seeing and refuse to lower WR catch less than 60. I still see drops. I still see swats because I have CPU pass cov 63 and CPU int 45-48, and def/off PI 72/71. These things all tie in together to produce the WR/DB interactions that everyone wants to see, but keep complaining they don't see it - the reason why? They won't raise catch over 40 on most slider sets I've seen. I understand not wanting to raise too high because of comp % going up and seeing less drops, but once again, u have to balance that in other ways. For this SPECIFIC example, if u or anyone wants to see better WR play, u MUST raise WR catch to 60+. Start there, then if WRs are catching everything, QB comp % is out of control, tweak pass cov, tweak int, tweak pass interference, tweak QB ACC. But, START with WR catch 60. U WILL see more animations and u will see better/more realistic/more interesting play, I guarandamntee it. Lol.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:15 PM   #53
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

So, I played 1 game with IG 31. Hard to tell the deal. I played the 49ers and they're good. I'm changing a few other things, but what I did notice was this. Def more check downs, which would be ok, except Kap threw for 78%. I can't tolerate that. With my sliders and IG at 65+, I never had a QB throw over 70% and was very happy about that. I was still able to get 4 sacks. 2 were legit quick rush/blitz, and 2 were the dreaded coverage sack, so those still happened. He did have one wicked escape the pocket, roll out and throw against his body to a WR who shook 2 tackles and scored a TD. This was actually legit, too and was nice to see. The other thing I noticed was me throwing more INTs again. I finally got this down and was playing good QB and not throwing too many anymore. I threw 5 in this game and I saw less swats. SF d is quality, so that could've been it, but it felt too much like the old times of the CPU int'ing everything instead of swatting. Could ig have caused this? Possibly. I'm going to raise it a few clicks per game depending on what else I see. Of course, 1 game isn't enough to fully judge, but really not happy with the INTs. Or, the loss!!! Lol. 35-17, SF won. It is nice to lose once in awhile, but not to 78% comp and 5 INTs for me. So, I'll keep tweaking and see.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:18 PM   #54
Rookie

Can this be used on All-Madden in cfm or is All-Pro the way to go?
Old 03-01-2014, 11:33 PM   #55
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen81
Can this be used on All-Madden in cfm or is All-Pro the way to go?

I only play ALLPRO, so I'm not sure how they might play in Allmadden. Things could go bonkers, but I'm really not sure.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2014, 11:41 PM   #56
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

And, still tweaking IG. Just played the pats and lost 41-38. Ridiculous back and forth game. Too many INTs again. So strange how much effect one slider can throw things off. Overall, I like the 'internal time clock' that seems to occur for the CPU QB with a lower IG. More throws right as he's hit as well. He seems to know to only give the pocket 3 seconds, then rifle it somewhere. I still got 4 sacks, but they felt more legit, not the 10 second coverage sack variety. I took more sacks and threw more INTs, too, and this seems to me to be directly linked with this slider change. It's as if the CPU d also has an 'internal time clock' as well. So, as I'm timing my passes/routes, they also know I'm going to throw within 3-4 secs and they play the routes accordingly, and they seem to be in my face quicker now, too. So, I'm going to keep tweaking that some. Also, the auto subs tend to work 'most of the time' but man did they get broken in this game. With the high score and back and forth pace, I saw disappearing players on offense and defense, so that's sucks. If I play a more 'normal' game with a few 3 and outs, and just overall a more normal pace, the auto subs do work, but high scoring back and forth battles do break them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »