Home

Lower Tackle Slider things it unlocks in Madden

This is a discussion on Lower Tackle Slider things it unlocks in Madden within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2015, 04:07 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Lower Tackle Slider things it unlocks in Madden

This might sound crazy and I know some of you hate broken tackles especially here at OS slider community..........probably drives you crazy but this slider holds the key to the following gameplay enhancements

QB Pocket Evade (The slider forces more movement out the QB's in the pocket)

RB Elusiveness/Juke move (The Slider can lead too more broken tackles but your more likely to see the RB's Elusiveness rating kick in on the field and his vision rating becomes more effective)

CPU WR's (They become dangerous after the catch punishing a poor tackling secondary)

Kick Off and Punt Return men (Tackle at higher settings leads to boring special teams play by the CPU)

Ask your self how many years have you played Madden and never felt threatened by the CPU's Returners?

Last but not least Lower tackle leads to less big hits but more aggressive attempts to strip the ball carrier.......

This is the biggest surprise to me because you would think Higher tackle slider leads to more fumbles but it don't because players are looking to land the big hit which rarely causes a fumble in Madden even if the RB has 60 carry rating.....

Now as to what extent you should use the tackle slider that is up to you but I would highly suggest starting out at 0 and then working your way upwards while also balancing out the Fumble slider to compensate.

Last night alone I witnessed 1-2 fumbles caused by tacklers who went with a strip ball animation as opposed to a big hit.......saw the QB get stripped in the pocket as well.

This is the one Slider that really unlocks so much more in Madden in terms of things you don't ever see when you leave it at default because it's tied into so many other animation scenarios....

Lower Threshold will help to open up the field for special teams even more when you utilize the lower tackle slider because a players tackle radius + Pursuit takes a hit which is both good and bad

It's good because the CPU has more life on the field and the threat of breaking one at any time with a fast guy.....it's bad because the Human player gets those same opportunities so pick your poison

My only advice is if you decide to go this route you will never get the perfect settings but you will see the best animations......

But then again there is no such thing of perfect settings in Madden with higher or lower settings to be honest....

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 09-03-2015 at 04:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2015, 06:02 PM   #2
Rookie

SteelCityChamp's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Lower Tackle Slider things it unlocks in Madden

Lower tackle slider to what???
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers
CBB - NC Tarheels
Bundesliga - FC Bayern Munich
MLS - Seattle Sounders
Old 09-03-2015, 08:37 PM   #3
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

I completely agree with this post. There are way too many big hit animation attempts on default and it doesn't look realistic anyway. How many time do you see a tackler put his shoulder down and lay out the carrier and just stand there. Feel like I see more of that type of tackle than is realistic. For me I would much rather see more arm tackles and wrap up tackles then big hitters.

When I first started messing with sliders the two I started with were threshold and tackles.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:33 PM   #4
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0

I have tackling at a 44. What do u have it at?
Old 09-03-2015, 09:33 PM   #5
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Also try reaction time at 2 and coverage at 86. So realistic and fun
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2015, 10:26 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
I have tackling at a 44. What do u have it at?
Put it at 0 for both teams. if on all madden put human at 11
Old 09-04-2015, 02:43 AM   #7
Rookie

I lowered cpu tackling to 30-35 after my first game and lowered run blocking a little. Made everything seem more realistic. I was running with L. Bell so im getting about 10 broken tackles on 20 rushes. But lowering my run blocking doesnt exactly make it easier.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:27 AM   #8
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Great stuff PM and I have been doing this for the last few years. I personally have mine for the CPU at 27. I'm still not 100% on this yet but it's a fine line in what you want to see as well as still have it be tough. For example below 25 I was seeing Tyler Lockett break 2-3 tackles vs db's on all madden like he was beast mode. At 27 that stopped but beast mode would have some beast mode runs while other times get stopped in his tracks.

It makes for more realistic football like you see irl as well as opens up so many other things like you mentioned. I highly suggest lowering and find that sweet spot of realism for YOU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »