Home

Slider Ideas to Test... Volunteers?

This is a discussion on Slider Ideas to Test... Volunteers? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2014, 01:12 PM   #9
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Slider Ideas to Test... Volunteers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Your stats look pretty good. Keep testing and see if they hold up over 5-10 games with various teams.

11 sacks is still an issue, but like you said, maybe tweaks to the penalty sliders can help some of that. That is alot of sacks, but if it is the exception rather than the norm, then ok. I guess see what happens in more games.

Personally, I don't think there is any combination of sliders and penalty tweaks that can alleviate the sack problem all together. It does require a code tweak by EA to their QB logic. But maybe it can be brought down to 4-7 a game which I think most people would live with at this point.
I've eliminated the sack issue on several occasions with different sets but it comes back when trying to fix something else.
Old 11-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
I've eliminated the sack issue on several occasions with different sets but it comes back when trying to fix something else.
Right...there is no way to get balanced realistic game play unless and until EA fixes the QB logic code. As you said, making one flaw better just opens up another wound in the game.

Issue is EA is not even convinced there is a problem...which may be the most amazing thing of all.
Old 11-09-2014, 02:47 PM   #11
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Right...there is no way to get balanced realistic game play unless and until EA fixes the QB logic code. As you said, making one flaw better just opens up another wound in the game.

Issue is EA is not even convinced there is a problem...which may be the most amazing thing of all.
I agree but to be honest, if I have to deal with too many sacks for good gameplay, then so be it. I'm not going to fret over it because it's really a pretty small impact to the game if you have a good slider set where nearly everything else is the way you want it.

As much as we shouldn't have too, gotta take the good with the bad. What other choice do we have other than not playing an NFL game or working endless hours trying to fix the issue, that's not even our responsibility.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2014, 04:16 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 21

I do agree that playing this flawed but only game available gives us only one choice.

Hope your tweaks get the game to a point that you and others can live with.

Like you said, it is a sad state of affairs. What makes it even more frustrating is the fact that the game is so close (on the field) to being excellent, that this one huge flaw does stick out like a sore thumb. It's one patch away from greatness...but that "patch" may be Madden16.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:38 PM   #13
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
YAY, I think I'm done searching for a slider set. I've been playing Idea #1 for about 3 games now and have had nothing to complain about, I loved almost everything I saw gameplay-wise.

Never saw before: Andre Johnson triple covered in the corner of the end zone, Fitz lobs it up and AJ leaps over the 3 defenders catching it for a score. That was a thing of beauty.

I'll be posting some stats on these games soon as I get a chance.

So with all that said, the sliders themselves are great, I love'em. Now it's all about adjusting penalties because.

I played 3 games, 1 with penalties at 99, another with them at 1 and another with them at 50. The game with 99 and 50 were the best and the one with the all at 50 was awesome. My only gripe is too many runs. With penalties at 1 the CPU passed a lot, 50 or above and they run way too much. I wish I knew which specific slider is affecting this so I can move only that one down.

I saw lots of passes thrown of the back foot trying to escape from pressure, that was cool.

Anyway, try Idea #1 with all penalties at 50.
So your not going with the 0 RB/PB? That setting seems to be the flavor of the month.

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 11-09-2014, 06:17 PM   #14
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
So your not going with the 0 RB/PB? That setting seems to be the flavor of the month.
This is interesting because the zeros did seem to work, however I plugged the first set in on all madden with my penalty settings and saw some realistic numbers. The cpu averaged 4.0/carry on about 20 carries with L. Bell (steelers) vs me using the browns. Tate averaged around 4/carry until he got hurt, backup came in and only managed around 3/carry.
Old 11-09-2014, 06:26 PM   #15
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
This is interesting because the zeros did seem to work, however I plugged the first set in on all madden with my penalty settings and saw some realistic numbers. The cpu averaged 4.0/carry on about 20 carries with L. Bell (steelers) vs me using the browns. Tate averaged around 4/carry until he got hurt, backup came in and only managed around 3/carry.
Ya, the only downfall is if you keep penalties at 50 which produces the best games with these sliders, you might have 1 or 2 false starts per game but that's it. hey, who cares, if the games are good, who needs penalties?

Funny is that slider set took very little effort. It was just finding the lowest rating for each position relevant to that slider.

I would like to work on penalties though which could make it better.

Try the game with all at 99 except Facemask at 55, Intentional Grounding at 65, Roughing Passer at 80, False Start at 65 and Offsides at 90
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2014, 06:29 PM   #16
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
I love the idea because there is less AI interference, it's just that it's impossible to get a balanced set with 0s. I barely notice AI interference half the time unless I'm looking for it.

On the flip side, this is a program so AI interference is sort of a requirement for the game to work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »