Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2016, 10:30 PM   #825
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Some clips from my first half earlier:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/LONGLIVETHAK1NG/video/21458166
Blitz comes free through the A gap, I switch to blitzer and go for hit stick but Winston is too strong and Jones is too weak and he bounces right off. WInston goes into tuck scramble mode but doesn't use any open field agility and gets laid out by Neal.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/LONGLIVETHAK1NG/video/21458294
Touchdown run by Coleman. I think I said it was a power run in the post but it was a stretch just out of a power formation. Their wide 9 sold out hard on the edges and left a big gap that I just had to navigate properly. Love how Coleman had that little extra great compared to the defenders. Laid off the turbo until the end.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/LONGLIVETHAK1NG/video/21458429
One of the "big hits" highlight packages, shows the play Winston was injured on. Another from pressure right in his face from a LB faster than him.

(Edit: With KCI off in main menu, will turn it on and load up the 2nd half after work. I wonder if it will take effect mid game but either way, looking forward to seeing the pursuit look as solid as the ball carrier vision and coverage awareness)

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 09-11-2016 at 10:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2016, 10:44 PM   #826
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
Josh, do you suggest using the playbook strategy, as suggested by Armor and D1SKINS? Been using your original setup for CPU vs CPU and it played great, but I'm going to try this NEW MADDENING science out and just wanted your thoughts...thanks again genius! 👍🏻
Absolutely!!! I HIGHLY recommend this approach.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:48 PM   #827
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Broadcasting exact OP settings with threshold at 58. Week 2 game against Raiders.

Falcons CFM

Twitch: hunkerdownuga

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Speed Threshold increased definitely helps with the outside run issue. Thinking 58-60 sweet spot with OP settings. Going to try 60 in week 3 matchup: Falcons vs Saints and see how it goes, 58 was solid in week 2.

Old 09-12-2016, 12:40 AM   #828
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

The guy that is hosting this thread is a total goober...you guys should totally lynch him

Here's what happened. When I hit on this yesterday, I was testing with main menu threshold at 0 and everything was awesome. For some crazy unknown reason, I switched it to 50 and then started streaming. That's where it unraveled...tweak KCI, maybe tweak other penalties....it kept getting further and further away from what this set is based on...zeroing out the main menu.

Long story short...that 0 threshold in the main menu is what brought everything together....that was the pursuit element that has been lacking...the defensive aggression, everything. I can't rationally explain it...but THIS is what was seeing before streaming last night.

So...undoing the KCI change and changing main menu threshold to 0. This at least reverts the set to how I originally intended it. Now if people want to tweak "to taste" after trying (3 or 4 games), feel free. But this at least fixes my original mistake...

Sorry guys....it's been driving me nuts too....at least I have an answer.
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (46.3 KB, 201 views)
Old 09-12-2016, 12:47 AM   #829
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
The guy that is hosting this thread is a total goober...you guys should totally lynch him

Here's what happened. When I hit on this yesterday, I was testing with main menu threshold at 0 and everything was awesome. For some crazy unknown reason, I switched it to 50 and then started streaming. That's where it unraveled...tweak KCI, maybe tweak other penalties....it kept getting further and further away from what this set is based on...zeroing out the main menu.

Long story short...that 0 threshold in the main menu is what brought everything together....that was the pursuit element that has been lacking...the defensive aggression, everything. I can't rationally explain it...but THIS is what was seeing before streaming last night.

So...undoing the KCI change and changing main menu threshold to 0. This at least reverts the set to how I originally intended it. Now if people want to tweak "to taste" after trying (3 or 4 games), feel free. But this at least fixes my original mistake...

Sorry guys....it's been driving me nuts too....at least I have an answer.

Haha only you would do this josh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2016, 01:15 AM   #830
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Speed Threshold increased definitely helps with the outside run issue. Thinking 58-60 sweet spot with OP settings. Going to try 60 in week 3 matchup: Falcons vs Saints and see how it goes, 58 was solid in week 2.

Outside run issue?
Old 09-12-2016, 01:22 AM   #831
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm up late, so I'm streaming Josh's set again

https://www.twitch.tv/matt10l
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 02:23 AM   #832
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Outside run issue?
It's more about pursuit than anything....which is why the change back to 0 thresh in MM is so critical.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »