JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 95 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2016, 01:38 PM   #753
Rookie
 
PotterB33's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Jul 2012
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Remember Nelly, Defensive holding is still bugged in CFM (it reverts back to 50 in-game). If that gets fixed, we can get those deep passes fixed by adjusting that setting. That was a critical setting for us last year to clean up the passing game.

I'm 110% with you on the game-calling....I'm going to be using generic playbooks for CPU too.

Are these sliders solid, yes. Are they perfect? By no means....I still think we are another patch or two away from really being able to start locking things down. If EA can fix the defensive holding bug and get more dynamicism to the line play, then we will be set. If we get a couple of more patches and these issues are still not fixed...then extreme measures may be needed.


i wish a patch would also fix the injury issue as well
PotterB33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:22 PM   #754
Rookie
 
Woad23's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2016
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

I know it goes against the nature of these settings but I've been experimenting with raising speed parity to 75.

After a couple more games on all madden where both passing attacks were out of control, both games were near or over 1k total yards...I switched to 75 hoping that dbs would tighten up a bit (I think 75 is what Flazko settled on this year) so far so good!

Completion percentage is down but wr are still getting open vs my crappy dbs and I've completed a couple deep balls as well...wr seem to be getting open more off route running forcing my cbs to jab step the wrong way and gap opens up.

I've been focusing on passing attack but running game doesn't seem to have been drastically altered.

So far I'm liking the feel, getting less crazy passing stats without losing cool gameplay elements
Woad23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 10:34 PM   #755
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

After an afternoon of very frustrated gaming, which included glimpses into the evils of All Madden. I'm finally happy....

D81Skins hit on this already in another thread...but now I believe I know the why....

You want to play this game on All Pro? I recommend not touching the Franchise Menu sliders...not a one. From what I saw, even when using a generic playbook, the CPU will call the same half a dozen or so plays over and over and over again. Leave them ALL at default, and they suddenly utilize their whole playbook.

Other things...
  • I really like the gameplay with MM penalties all zeroed-out or turned off. The CFM ones give you the calls.
  • Turning fatigue and injury to 0 in the CFM have been a godsend. Even with CFM fatigue at 50, I have seen tremendous rotation (and I don't just mean the RBs). Even the high-stamina guys like Leveon will sub out in the 1st quarter.
  • I still prefer the 0/60 autosub setup in the MM. I believe it is the most balanced setup...
I've had a lot of variety in the limited testing. The CPU is so much tougher, but not in that overpowered sort of way (although I HAVE been getting my butt kicked ).

So...here we go...I know this seems like a "mad scientist" sort of setup (even moreso than the norm)...but from a results perspective, these are delivering the goods for me now.
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (46.3 KB, 171 views)
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 10:37 PM   #756
Pro
 
MvPeterson2828's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Prescott Valley, Arizona.
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
After an afternoon of very frustrated gaming, which included glimpses into the evils of All Madden. I'm finally happy....

D81Skins hit on this already in another thread...but now I believe I know the why....

You want to play this game on All Pro? I recommend not touching the Franchise Menu sliders...not a one. From what I saw, even when using a generic playbook, the CPU will call the same half a dozen or so plays over and over and over again. Leave them ALL at default, and they suddenly utilize their whole playbook.

Other things...
  • I really like the gameplay with MM penalties all zeroed-out or turned off. The CFM ones give you the calls.
  • Turning fatigue and injury to 0 in the CFM have been a godsend. Even with CFM fatigue at 50, I have seen tremendous rotation (and I don't just mean the RBs). Even the high-stamina guys like Leveon will sub out in the 1st quarter.
  • I still prefer the 0/60 autosub setup in the MM. I believe it is the most balanced setup...
I've had a lot of variety in the limited testing. The CPU is so much tougher, but not in that overpowered sort of way (although I HAVE been getting my butt kicked ).

So...here we go...I know this seems like a "mad scientist" sort of setup (even moreso than the norm)...but from a results perspective, these are delivering the goods for me now.


I hate to admit it josh, but I did abandon you for a bit there. Haha. I was trying charters then coming up with my own set eventually and just All-Madden is a whole new beast. Haha I'll plug these In shortly and give them a go.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MvPeterson2828 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 10:38 PM   #757
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
I hate to admit it josh, but I did abandon you for a bit there. Haha. I was trying charters then coming up with my own set eventually and just All-Madden is a whole new beast. Haha I'll plug these In shortly and give them a go.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's OK...work was a bear last week...and frankly, I came this close to abandoning this game...
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 10:40 PM   #758
Pro
 
MvPeterson2828's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Prescott Valley, Arizona.
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
That's OK...work was a bear last week...and frankly, I came this close to abandoning this game...


I feel you man. Few times frustration and giving up was getting to me lol. I'll plus these in Shortly and try these bad boys out! looks promising


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MvPeterson2828 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 10:41 PM   #759
MVP
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Feb 2003
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
I hate to admit it josh, but I did abandon you for a bit there. Haha. I was trying charters then coming up with my own set eventually and just All-Madden is a whole new beast. Haha I'll plug these In shortly and give them a go.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traitor! LOL! Just messin' with ya' MvP....

@JoshC - This has got to be THE most 'mad scientist' slider values you have EVER shared....But gosh damn....makes it more intriguing to give it a shot!
PhiPsi1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 10:47 PM   #760
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Streaming on Twitch...setting up a franchise with the Titans and then will go into week 1 versus the Vikes.

https://www.twitch.tv/joshc77
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:00 AM.

Top -