Home

M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

This is a discussion on M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2016, 05:20 PM   #385
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
It's more than likely the Custom Playbook and how it was built that's causing the crash, you may want to check out the Custom Playbook http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-cpu-user.html
to be sure your not removing and adding too many plays and/or how they were starred when creating it.
I don't think that's it because I'm testing right now on XBOX One using Vannwolfhawk's books. King has tried the method several times as well with no luck, and I know he's testing on PS4 with Sabo's books.

It may just be us...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2016, 05:47 PM   #386
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I don't think that's it because I'm testing right now on XBOX One using Vannwolfhawk's books. King has tried the method several times as well with no luck, and I know he's testing on PS4 with Sabo's books.

It may just be us...
Yeah, it's weird...

Could it be Superfishyguy's D Books?

Worked fine with the 3rd QB method, but...

@D81:

Did you use any custom D books for the CPU with this method and if so, which?

Thanks!
Old 11-21-2016, 06:14 PM   #387
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Trojan and King.... I'm on PS4, and I also had the problem with crashing. I simply can not go near the other teams coaching scheme at all. Let alone change playbooks. But what I did do was create a second profile. All I had to do was go to the game start, turn on second controller and log in. I could then move the other contoller symbol to the team I was playing. Pick a generic playbook. Move the symbol back to middle. It would stick. I went back and checked. This did make a big difference before. I would think custom playbooks would come up to. But I don't know. Generics did work much better then team specific after patch and tuner.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2016, 07:41 PM   #388
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

I spent quite a bit of time making my Custom PB for my Skins and I started having freezing and glitching during the start of games, so I just settled on giving the CPU generic PBs and it worked alot better w/o all the bs.

Yes, the 2nd profile with the 2nd controller would work at times but it was inconsistent.
You could easily change the CPU to a generic PB just by creating a coach (current coach) and changing it in the coaching schemes screen, no 2nd controller or profile needed.

It would be awesome if the custom books would work as intended but just like many aspects of Madden's legacy, it's never been fully focused on and/or tuned correctly.

Anyway, going with the ootb version of M17 with team specific or generics will give you that day 1 feeling again, imho.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:19 PM   #389
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Playing the Vikings right now, again w/ the ootb version and with an 11mph crosswind, I've missed an XP, and the cpu just missed a 52yd fg att.
It's the small things like this that make the ootb version the most fun and challenging Madden to date imo!
Peterson broke a 75yd run on me early on but we have held him in check since.
And yes I'm reading run just to have a chance lol
Old 11-21-2016, 09:35 PM   #390
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

This game was a THRILLER!
Vikings started off like they were on fire! Which they did say(announcers) that they came in winning 4 out of the last 5. Well I stuck with it and came up with a redzone int, which isn't easy with the int slider @ 30 now.
A.P. broke a 75yd run on the opening drive and I'm thinking, oh great, here we go lol.
Anyway, the score after 1 qtr. was my Skins 13-10.
Both squads seemed to make 2nd half adjustments and the defenses stepped up. The quick hitting plays were limited in the 2nd half for sure.
Cousins ended w/
328yds, did have 2 fumbles, 1 lost in the redzone.
24/35 68%, 2tds, 1int, 105.4 qb rating

Cpu Bridgewater ended w/
232yds, 0tds, 1int, 73.5 qb rating
20/31 64%
We deflected a few at the los, we had 3 sacks, they had 3 also. Sacks seemed to be just at the right time to keep the offensive outburst from occuring (unlike in Maddens past).
We missed 2xps! they missed a fg and made 3 others.

Rushing ended up being very realistic in both sides
AP ended w/ 22atts 107yds, 4.8ypc, 6btks 1td. I did all I could to keep him from breaking another big run and didn't quite hold him under hundo like we wanted!
My Hb, M. Jones ended w/ 23atts 94yds, 4.1ypc, 3btks.
So very solid and realistic run games. Vikings were ranked 3rd in overall D coming in and it ended up showing on the field for sure.

Both teams threw 1int. We lost 1 fumble, so the turnover battle was cpu: 1, user: 2
Penalties still set to default, so only 2 for 10yds in penalties called. I really don't care about seeing alot of penalties if the game plays this good @ default penalties.

Here are the final stats
25-19! We win at home and keep ourselves from dropping 3 in a row!
14797806587241656486186.jpg

Next up, my 4-5 Skins @ home vs 6-3 Packers!
Should be fun !
Old 11-21-2016, 09:57 PM   #391
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Just looking back at the past 5 or so pages of games stats and it's clear we are seeing the best version of M17, no updates, no tuners, and offline.
I'm throwing 62% on the season with Cousins, my last game, I played about the best game so far in decision making and ended @ 68% vs Vikings top ranked D.
The QB acc isn't even an issue w/ the ootb version.
Yes, qbs can get hot but it balances out in the end and plays very realistically imo. Airballs, deflections, hurried throw aways. It's much better this way.
Missed fgs, XPs, occasionally seeing blocked kicks or punts. It's all in the game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2016, 09:59 PM   #392
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Ah man, AP ran all over me bro. Like over 150 yds. I got got trounced by the Vikes....mainly because of him

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »