Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders - Page 225 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 03-27-2017, 11:04 AM   #1793
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
I've played 10 full games now under the OP with the exception of using 12/20 for clock.

This is where I am going to stay for the rest of the editions life span. Now the issues I've seen recently mentioned are some things I see also, however, these are very well tested sliders from someone who's credibility in the field is through the roof. So I really don't want to get stuck jumping down a rabit hole again with this game. Changing much of anything is, no doubt, going to unwravel the entire set. Here is my take:

CPU breaking off too many long runs:
I guess so, but everytime it happens to me, it's clearly because I've been too stupid with blitzing. Once a multiple person blitz gets picked (especially on the edge) you should be screwed. I personally feel like the CPU running is perfect on OP. However.....

Auto Subs
I didn't realize people were still manually inputting the 60/80's into the CPU, as I long believed they picked up the 60/80 from MM by default. I am going to do this my next couple games and see if anything of note changes, if not, I loved where things were when i just left them alone (the AI's, not human).

CPU passing
I see the drops too, or more so the DB slapping the ball out a lot. I can deal with that as long as its still a vehicle to proper results. The more alarming issues I see is 1: the AI throwing the ball away as a result of percieved pressure a LOT, and 2: a tendancy to check down a little too often and not take the shots downfield as much as I'd like to see. But this really has to do with personel and playcaling as much as other things, also.

Im 6-4 with the Vikings and everything is really tight with these sliders. I'm going to attempt to remedy the issues above in the least intrusive way possible. And if not, I'm pretty sure I can live with them.
I agree with just about everything you said. I'm getting great results with the slight tampering of auto-subs. Either the PI penalty Or QBA slider possibly contribute to the much tighter coverage, than Default? Not sure. Buts it's definitely better. And I'm getting calls most games, and that's awesome. As far as game speed, this year I actually preferred normal... but the slow speed with these sliders = Great. Seems just right. Long runs... it happens. But the CPU just couldn't seem to get anything going for me, without the current setup.
Quote:
Game Speed:
There is a little give and take (as with everything in this game) when switching game speed. A negative of Slow speed is for some reason the AI QB acts a little wonk. I know Josh uses Slow speed and keeps it on Normal in MM to balance it out. I tried that here, but IDK if i see it helping, hurting, or doing nothing. Switching the speed to Normal would surely rectify some of this, but again, thats putting a foot in the door of wacking everything out that AxS has tested.

DPI Slider
Has a major impact on AI pass coverage and probly bleeds into all sorts of other crap too. Dropping this to 50 again, opens up the coverage and gets rid of the slapping thing, and the check downs a bit. But unfortunately it also opens things up way to much for the Human passing game too......

Im gona go play around with the AI on manual 60/80 for a bit and see if anything changed so I dont need to monkey with anything at all. In the mean time I'd love to see anyones input or thoughts on this stuff as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2017, 07:10 PM   #1794
Pro

OVR: 0

I wanted to ask, is anyone using different auto subs with these sliders?
Old 03-29-2017, 02:57 PM   #1795
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

I'm working on some stuff, but probably not.

Last edited by awffltony77; 03-29-2017 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:28 PM   #1796
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
I'm working on some stuff, but probably not.
How's your stats going? I'm getting a little beat up Defensively. But I've played a couple games with a better D, and do very well. So I'm sticking with the current setup.

And I'm back to auto subs at 60/80.

Old 03-29-2017, 11:06 PM   #1797
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
How's your stats going? I'm getting a little beat up Defensively. But I've played a couple games with a better D, and do very well. So I'm sticking with the current setup.

And I'm back to auto subs at 60/80.

Yeah. After the better part of two days testing these things (my eyeballs have since recoiled into my skull like a couple bloodshot raisens), I too returned to 60/80. I've also wavered back and forth on the merits of manually installing the auto subs to each CPU team or leaving them at 50/49. There is a noticable difference in both, more so than I thought (after I sat on my chair and watched Eddie Lacey take 16 carries, straight, without seeing stupid James Starks once). So here is where I'm at as far as any changes to AxS's OP:

12/20 acc clock
I get a perfect number of plays this way as in Madden I will always choose to run a few less total plays so the statistics reflect the rest of the league. And much more important than that, with 20 ACC clock,
they call adjustments and audibles at the line. Below 20, they don't.

Normal game speed MM
This is as much a placebo as anything, because Josh does it to tone down the "Dumb" that sometimes affects the QB on slow, and anything I learned about these games I learned from bugging the crap out of him and King lol.

Injury settings/ "Push" theory
I abandoned the 52 injury setting, as by mid season every team in the NFL was a mash unit. I rarely ever olayed a team that had their QB and RB1 and WR1 healthy together, if ever. So I pulled that back to 50.
And in an effort to get a bit more aggression out of the AI, I started pushing the MM injury slider up. I started at 65 lol, and the ratty 3-10 Colts made my #2 D look like the Washington Generals. However Luck stood in the pocket in the face of pressure sometimes and made his throw anyways, which I loved because sometimes the AI QB would almost play preventive, throwing the ball away EVERY time there was even percieved pressure. I learned quickly that even increments of 1 are fairly hardcore, and that it effects the HUM line push,
also. So I settled in at 53 MM/50 CFM

Lastly, I use the OL injury generator I found on here, as I will never play a CFM without it again (until they fix that stupid jazz).....I'm 8-7 with the Vikings, and once my GD wife ever goes to bed, I'm going to play the last game because there is still a remote chance I can scootch into the playoffs. After that I'll post a Gdrive I keep of all my statistics and stuff.

How about yours????? I'd love to hear about it.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:19 AM   #1798
Pro

Are you using 65 fatigue? And what about 51 for cfm injuries? My team doesn't seem to get enough in the year and by mid season I have a complete full and healthy team.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:21 AM   #1799
Pro

And with the play clock at 20 do even dumb low awareness qbs call audible or just the great ones? I've heard this before and want to try it but I like using 15 minute quarters.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:43 AM   #1800
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah. After the better part of two days testing these things (my eyeballs have since recoiled into my skull like a couple bloodshot raisens), I too returned to 60/80. I've also wavered back and forth on the merits of manually installing the auto subs to each CPU team or leaving them at 50/49. There is a noticable difference in both, more so than I thought (after I sat on my chair and watched Eddie Lacey take 16 carries, straight, without seeing stupid James Starks once). So here is where I'm at as far as any changes to AxS's OP:

12/20 acc clock

I get a perfect number of plays this way as in Madden I will always choose to run a few less total plays so the statistics reflect the rest of the league. And much more important than that, with 20 ACC clock,

they call adjustments and audibles at the line. Below 20, they don't.

Normal game speed MM

This is as much a placebo as anything, because Josh does it to tone down the "Dumb" that sometimes affects the QB on slow, and anything I learned about these games I learned from bugging the crap out of him and King lol.

Injury settings/ "Push" theory

I abandoned the 52 injury setting, as by mid season every team in the NFL was a mash unit. I rarely ever olayed a team that had their QB and RB1 and WR1 healthy together, if ever. So I pulled that back to 50.

And in an effort to get a bit more aggression out of the AI, I started pushing the MM injury slider up. I started at 65 lol, and the ratty 3-10 Colts made my #2 D look like the Washington Generals. However Luck stood in the pocket in the face of pressure sometimes and made his throw anyways, which I loved because sometimes the AI QB would almost play preventive, throwing the ball away EVERY time there was even percieved pressure. I learned quickly that even increments of 1 are fairly hardcore, and that it effects the HUM line push,

also. So I settled in at 53 MM/50 CFM

Lastly, I use the OL injury generator I found on here, as I will never play a CFM without it again (until they fix that stupid jazz).....I'm 8-7 with the Vikings, and once my GD wife ever goes to bed, I'm going to play the last game because there is still a remote chance I can scootch into the playoffs. After that I'll post a Gdrive I keep of all my statistics and stuff.

How about yours????? I'd love to hear about it.

What oline injury generator

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »