Home

Speed ParitY

This is a discussion on Speed ParitY within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2016, 11:24 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Speed ParitY

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKennedy87
Yes, the only problem with speed parity at 0 that I have seen over the years is it makes the game so speed dependent instead of just the better player winning. Made a WR like Anquan Boldin average at best while any fast WR became a god.
Not necessarily true. That's when the gameplay sliders come into play.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:17 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Last year I played with the speed at 35, this year Im hovering at around 65 to 70.
Still a lot of big plays and speed burners feel dangerous, but there is something about it being higher that I like thus far.

Also most of my game sliders are at 0. So there is that.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:28 PM   #11
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

For online play, our league has previously hovered between 35-45 because that's where deep passing came out to be viable but not OP. This year 50 feels like the equivalent of how ~25 played the lsat two Maddens. So I will be starting at like 51-52 probably and seeing how league stats/gameplay shakes out. Could see bumping it up even higher.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2016, 05:01 PM   #12
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

75 and up probably gives you realistic separation when you do the 40 test in practice mode. The slowest players don't run as fast as they should normally at 50.

75 and up can tighten the gameplay up.

I personally keep mine at 50 normally because I feel it's a more balanced number and that's how they tuned it.

I'm still not done testing this though.

A lot depends on your game speed and sliders.

I would assume the higher the game speed the lower the threshold. So that's why fast/very fast works well for 25 and under.

Normal works well with 30-60

Slow and very slow works well with 65 and up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2016, 07:01 PM   #13
Banned

RoDogz17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
75 and up probably gives you realistic separation when you do the 40 test in practice mode. The slowest players don't run as fast as they should normally at 50.

75 and up can tighten the gameplay up.

I personally keep mine at 50 normally because I feel it's a more balanced number and that's how they tuned it.

I'm still not done testing this though.

A lot depends on your game speed and sliders.

I would assume the higher the game speed the lower the threshold. So that's why fast/very fast works well for 25 and under.

Normal works well with 30-60

Slow and very slow works well with 65 and up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may have a look at 75.. I can't decide what speed to roll with.. Either normal or fast..
Old 08-28-2016, 01:42 AM   #14
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3

I like 100 because the NFL is a game of inches and there's really not that much separation in real life. Also in my Practice Mode testing when doing Instant Replay, I noticed that anything else produced a sliding affect and I'm not cool with that.

100 also balances out the passing game, beefs up running and limits big plays to a realistic number.
Old 08-28-2016, 06:34 PM   #15
Banned

RoDogz17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
I like 100 because the NFL is a game of inches and there's really not that much separation in real life. Also in my Practice Mode testing when doing Instant Replay, I noticed that anything else produced a sliding affect and I'm not cool with that.

100 also balances out the passing game, beefs up running and limits big plays to a realistic number.
Wow 100? Do you have any game footage? I mean at 100 would you see a DT chase down a RB?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2016, 07:30 PM   #16
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

I play at 90 but I might go 100 because it eliminates a TON of big plays that happen when you have it lower. All those long bombs that repeatedly go for touchdowns is what happens when you have it at 50 or lower.

At 75 minimum you eliminate alot of that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »