Home

TDawg's Madden 19 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on TDawg's Madden 19 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What Progression Method Do You Want To See This Year
Higher Overall Method 17 8.33%
Standard Overall Method 136 66.67%
Lower Overall Method 48 23.53%
Other Method 3 1.47%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2018, 03:32 PM   #193
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: TDawg's Madden 19 XP Sliders

I have done much experimentation with the sliders, based off of tdawgs set, I found numbers that were (barely) acceptable. However even with the best possible sliders, you will always get too much talent in the near future and too little in the distant or vice versa. The new update only make this worse, as my best set of sliders to date we’re giving verrrryyyy different numbers on tests post update!

I have now decided to boycot franchise and keep on at the devs for this to be fixed as I believe the buyer shouldn’t have to toy with the game to get it right. It should be sold RIGHT! And then slider can be there for if someone want a challenge or some fun etc.

Would be cool if someone checked this with the new update just too be sure!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-11-2018, 10:43 PM   #194
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresidentGHW
However even with the best possible sliders, you will always get too much talent in the near future and too little in the distant or vice versa. The new update only make this worse, as my best set of sliders to date we’re giving verrrryyyy different numbers on tests post update!
I don't see a problem with this. Maybe you can explain better, but the league having variations in talent level year-to-year is perfectly acceptable, as long as the league overall is somewhat balanced.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:11 AM   #195
Rookie

MrDemus's Arena

I always use your XP sliders, and they do enhance the game experience a lot.
I have a suggestion though. I don't know how much work it would take, but would it be possible to make two sets?
One that is balanced for people who wants to play many years into the future and one that is balanced for 3-5 seasons.

I guess the numbers would be kinda different. You've already stated earlier, that the QB class we have IRL is above average talentwise, which would mean (I guess) lower QB XP numbers, which could be a problem with not so talented classes.

Just a suggestion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2018, 08:47 PM   #196
Rookie

djkthegame's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
reserved post
Yo tdawg Charger fan? U still with us after the move? Im still with us but call us San Diego forever.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:14 PM   #197
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkthegame
Yo tdawg Charger fan? U still with us after the move? Im still with us but call us San Diego forever.

Haha. That's a complicated question to answer. I'm a born and raised San Diego native. Been a die hard Charger fan all my life. Lived and died with this team (more dying then winning lol). After they moved I was devastated. I ****ing hate the Spanos family. I honestly don't even think I would have paid any attention to football at all last year if it wasn't for fantasy. I decided I couldn't be a fan anymore and I tried out new teams (like getting dumped by your dream girl and trying to date other girls after lol). My mom is from Denver so I've always liked the Broncos (unless something they did affected the Chargers) so I tried them. Couldn't get into it. So last year I just didn't really follow a team. I was just so hurt by the move.

This year I thought maybe I'd follow the Rams (I listen to The Mighty 1090 a lot and that is the Rams radio station now). Still just couldn't get into it.

So now I'm back with the Chargers again. But it's not the same. Before I was always nervous watching games. I got really into them. Now it's just me watching a team that I guess I like. But last week I wasn't nervous or really even cared on those final drives. Normally I would have been a wreck. It's just really weird. I don't get the butterflies in the stomach anymore. Which sucks.

But to answer your original question I guess I would say I'm still a Chargers fan. I love Rivers and a bunch of those older players. Told you it was complicated lol.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:18 PM   #198
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDemus
I always use your XP sliders, and they do enhance the game experience a lot.
I have a suggestion though. I don't know how much work it would take, but would it be possible to make two sets?
One that is balanced for people who wants to play many years into the future and one that is balanced for 3-5 seasons.

I guess the numbers would be kinda different. You've already stated earlier, that the QB class we have IRL is above average talentwise, which would mean (I guess) lower QB XP numbers, which could be a problem with not so talented classes.

Just a suggestion.

Honestly it doesn't take 10-20 years to start taking affect. It will start right away. So you are still good with this set. But if you want maybe up them by 10%-15% to see a little more talent quicker. I don't know for sure. The 20 year sim is just to make sure it stays balanced for extended years.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:25 PM   #199
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelcollin
Love the work TDawg. I had a couple questions:

1) Do you change who the focus players are for weekly training before simulating it?

2) Do you upgrade players as soon as they get a skill point or wait for a certain amount of time?

1) Only at the start of the year do I change focus players. I keep them for the entire season. I usually put rookies in there. Sometimes 1 year players. Especially if they sat their rookie year.

2) Yes I upgrade players as soon as they earn a skill point. No point saving them as far as I'm concerned.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:27 PM   #200
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresidentGHW
I have done much experimentation with the sliders, based off of tdawgs set, I found numbers that were (barely) acceptable. However even with the best possible sliders, you will always get too much talent in the near future and too little in the distant or vice versa. The new update only make this worse, as my best set of sliders to date we’re giving verrrryyyy different numbers on tests post update!

I have now decided to boycot franchise and keep on at the devs for this to be fixed as I believe the buyer shouldn’t have to toy with the game to get it right. It should be sold RIGHT! And then slider can be there for if someone want a challenge or some fun etc.

Would be cool if someone checked this with the new update just too be sure!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I may run another sim if I get time just to verify after the recent update but I'm not concerned at all. Boycott all you want buddy. I'm having a blast with this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »