Home

Armor & Sword's Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders (CFM Only) Madden 19

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword's Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders (CFM Only) Madden 19 within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2018, 08:14 PM   #1689
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Armor & Sword's Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders (CFM Only) Madden 19

Are the most updated AP sliders on page 1 of the thread marked "V1"? The ones with CPU RB at 90? I feel like I may be missing the most recent ones. Thanks and I apologize in advance for the possibly dumb question.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-13-2018, 08:20 PM   #1690
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Armor & Sword's Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders (CFM Only) Madden 19

I am having issues with screen passes. Once they are caught by the CPU the receivers just stand there and don’t move. This happened 4 times on screen passes - catching on 70. Anyone else?

Also same issues on punt returns....the returner just stands there and the ball bounces off of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-13-2018, 11:28 PM   #1691
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Just wanted to post some thoughts from a game I just had, from more of a playcalling perspective than worrying about settings and sliders. It's not about Armor's sliders (and to be honest I'd rather not even say what the settings were), but people here tend to be more open-minded so I thought I could talk about it more freely here. Although it'll take me a while to get to it, this post is at least in part about the CPU running game.

Part of my never-ending search for a fair game situation for both myself and the AI is playing mirror matches. I just completed one with Dallas and, for the first time, I actually tracked one part of the CPU's defensive playcalling - 1st downs, the one where the down and distance factors matter the least and is very representative of a team's defensive tendencies. I only included plays which appeared on the coach suggestions as "1st down" - not redzone 1st downs or 2 minute drills, since those will have more specific play selections.

Here's what it called:

Cover 3 Sky wk
Cover 3 Sky
Cover 6 Invert
Overload 3 Seam (Blitz)
Tampa 2
Overload 3 Seam 2 (Blitz)
Cover 1 Hole
Cover 3 Sky
Cover 3 Cloud
Cover 3 Buzz 2
Cover 1 Thief Press
Cover 2 Hard Flat
Cover 3 Cloud Show 2
Cover 3 Buzz 2
Cover 3 Cloud

Here are the HB rushing totals for both teams (both are Ezekiel Elliott):

Me: 22 carries, 63 yards (2.8 YPC)
CPU: 19 carries, 91 yards (4.7 YPC)

Although my numbers ended up low (not excessively so, IMO), I kind of torpedoed them by running out the clock late - otherwise they would have looked a lot better. As you can see, the CPU ran well, and it didn't have a single run over 20 yards.

About the playcalling.....the trend is obvious - the CPU called a TON of cover 3, and rarely blitzed. That allowed me to have space to gain consistent yardage (again, my running was better than the stats show). So, once I realized what it was calling, I started calling more cover 2 and 3 myself mimicking what the CPU did - and the run game opened up into what those final CPU numbers looked like. What's more, their Dak was nearly perfect in the first half - but when I started calling significantly more zone, he cooled off into a 22-31 performance, including throwing a last-minute pick to end the game and seal my win.

What I'm getting at is that there's balance here - as I changed my playcalling to defend the pass more, the CPU run game opened up and the pass game sputtered. That's exactly what's supposed to happen, and if I could get that sort of balance in every game I play, there'd be a very short list of things I could say are "wrong" with this year's Madden.

One other thing I noticed from this. As I was watching the CPU's defensive playcalls, I noticed that I wasn't drawing from the same pool when using the coach strategy suggestions on defense. Several of the plays including the 2 overload blitzes never showed up once in those choices in the whole game. Just some food for thought there - you might be putting yourself at a disadvantage if you only go by those suggestions.

Thanks for reading. Interested to hear people's thoughts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2018, 11:57 PM   #1692
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

OVR: 0

Interesting post about play calling. These plays would suggest a team that mainly plays a cover 3 type defense. Example Dallas plays cover 2. Which team was the CPU?
Old 10-14-2018, 12:03 AM   #1693
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc thompsoncanyon838
Interesting post about play calling. These plays would suggest a team that mainly plays a cover 3 type defense. Example Dallas plays cover 2. Which team was the CPU?
Mirror match - both were Dallas. I do know they're a cover 2 team as well (I'm a fan), so I was surprised to see it call that much cover 3 on first down.

The extreme lack of first down blitzing (and overwhelmingly zone defense, even if it wasn't Cov 2) was what I took out of it the most.
Old 10-14-2018, 12:10 AM   #1694
Pro

For the most part teams should mimic their real life play calling. Was this all Madden or all pro?
Old 10-14-2018, 12:15 AM   #1695
Pro

Ohh, I take it you were using the Dallas playbook. If you create a custom playbook double check wsht the computer uses as sumtimes they will have the created book on your opponent to for some reason. Again,for the most part, the custom book I made calls the plays really well when I spectate the game on play now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2018, 01:47 PM   #1696
Rookie

I'm using these sliders and I just tried to play a game by the third quarter I had a dozen illegal block in the back calls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »