Home

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2018, 10:30 PM   #1017
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Thanks a lot for the update!!! GOnna give them a try right now, will report back, probley tommarow. It is late here
Old 08-27-2018, 10:32 PM   #1018
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
⏭ Slider Update Log

8/27/18 - Here is Version 14. This version does not require penalty sliders to be used as a means to improve gameplay or bridge the gap like I've done previously. I took a hard look at the previous versions and realized that something had to be done. Asking for exact values from a 20+ value set is asking a bit much. The power of suggestion is strong, and one little suggestion here and there, could skew every type of feedback I'd receive - it just did not make sense to push for penalties any longer. I also believe that the penalties affected some values in a negative way, and to be honest I think I used them as a means of a shortcut in the end.

So, with that said. Here is Version 14. Some values are similar to previous versions, but since it's a bit of an overhaul, I am just going to post it as is.

Thanks again everyone for keeping an open mind and having patience with me as I nail things down. I'm quite happy with this set as it accomplishes a lot of what I am looking for with animations, physics and logic - while still remaining statistically realistic.

Enjoy!

⏭ Game Settings

If you provide feedback, please advise of any modifications you have done from this OP set. Also, please include if you are providing feedback on All-Madden or All-Pro. Thank you!

Skill Level: All-Pro or All-Madden

Game Speed: Normal

Game Style: Simulation

Quarter Length: 9 minutes

Accelerated Clock: Off

⏭ Gameplay Helpers

Ball Carrier Special Move: Manual

Defensive Auto Strafe: Off

Defensive Ball Hawk: On
• Post patch this MUST BE ON. Since the deflections were patched out, as were the WR jarred hits, this value is even more important for both the User and CPU. This is similar to my Madden 18 values, in which Josh recommended it.

Defensive Heat Seeker Assist: Off

Defensive Switch Assist: Off

⏭ Game Options

Injuries: 13
• Kudos to Tommy again for these as it allows such a nice balance of entire game injuries, temporary injuries, different severity, just good overall mixture.

Fatigue: 49
• At 49 the CPU is able to recover from fatigue while still running. So they do not slow down dramatically, and if they start to slow down, they can recover realistically.

Min Player Threshold: 10
• I've been working on raising this up gradually. At zero it was working great but there were many times in which the game was trying to catch up to the threshold via warping and collision mismatches of animations. It became a bit wonky, and no matter what I tried, there were too many issues with these animations. I understand to tread carefully with low values like zero, but M19 is a bit of a sensitive beast, so it is now a much better move to up the threshold to a value I've always liked, which is 10, as that is still low enough for separation's sake, and just enough to allow the other values to stand out to have some nice physics in play.

⏭ Player/CPU Skill Settings
*Community PC file: "Matt10V14" (pending, tbd)
*Community PS4 file: "Matt10V14" (pending, hosted by Escobar)

QB Accuracy: 50/50
• This is a value that I've gone all over with. Under 50, and with the pressure of PBL, the CPU just goes safe, and doesn't try to threaten downfield unless it's a 100% certainty to be caught. This leads to RoboQB effect. I also wanted to incorporate the throw under pressure rating of players to stand out, so when they do feel pressure, they will follow that rating accordingly.

Pass Blocking: 48/10
• Signifcant value difference here, but honestly the pressure needs to be there. I've seen great variety in the OL/DL, no insta-shedding except when matchups are heavily outweighed in DL's favor, such as a 90ovr DT vs a 70 ovr C. This definitely brings in the CPU to pass under pressure though. Play actions will still be a sensitive area to pay attention to.

WR Catch: 45/45
• Pressure to perform here for the receivers. Seen good two-handed catches and some terrible drops under pressure.

Run Blocking: 50/75
• Kept it simple for the user, but the CPU needs love as always. Too high of RBL and the RB starts eyeing the safety too much, and chooses to avoid him at all costs by running backwards, so 75 is a good spot here.

Fumbles:50/50
• Keeping this one as it is. Too many theories in my head on what does what, but in the end, the idea of the RB or QB fumbling constantly is a bit tiresome. I do not believe it affects run directness in this post-patch version as much as it did pre-patch though.

Pass Defense Reaction Time: 80/65
• As I've said on the previous version, the slider is reversed relative to what that entire set created. This is a testament to how sensitive penalty values are. So, with no adjustments to penalties, now the values are true and adjusting is more straight forward. User gets a higher value to compensate for those who do not choose to use Ballhawk on. I've advised to use it, but if it's personal preference, then 80 is the max value.

Interceptions: 38/35
• This value also plays a role in coverage and chosen interception animation vs deflection. If you have ball hawk off, and keep this as it is, you then must control the defender and then choose an input to intercept. Frustrating, but this is the design currently.

Pass Coverage: 40/40
• Same as Pass Reaction value, this is one that gradually goes back near 50, but not so much that it's mirroring the routes.

Tackling: 38/38
• Pains me to go under 40 because I am afraid of warping, but thankfully, on 10 threshold it doesn't happen as much because there is not as much gap to overcome as it was on zero. So, this results in some really nice physics in the tackles, great wrap up tackles, flying bodies, the works. Yes, there are broken tackles, but it's nothing too outrageous.

⏭ Special Teams

FG Power: 55/55
• I've said it before, but I like that "oomph!" in the kick. This not only allows that to happen, but it allows the accuracy value to be modified under 50 as well so there are no random driven soccer kicks into the crossbar.

FG Accuracy: 48/48
• As mentioned above, this value can be lowered to create that random chance of a miss by the guys with the most pressure on their shoulders. As a former kicker myself, I had to give some realistic "love" to them.

Punt Power: 48/48
• May have mentioned it before, but this value is super sensitive. There is a 10-yard glitch though that happens when punting into the wind, so just be on the lookout with those. However, I did want less powered punts into the endzone that would get the punter fired on the spot if he did once in a game, let alone the multiple times this game allows it.

Punt Accuracy: 51/51
• If they're going to lose a little bit of power, let's make them a tad accurate on their punts so they're going for the coffin corner punts a bit more - or at least trying to.

Kickoff Power: 48/48
• Good value here to get the ball struck perfectly through the endzone, or come up short of the goal-line.

⏭ Penalties

All Penalties Set to Default 50 or ON
• As I said, I have enjoyed modifying the gameplay by using the power of the penalty sliders with a zero threshold, but that became a bit of a balancing act that got a bit over my head and patience. It skewed feedback because not only was I relying on feedback of the gameplay sliders, I also needed to receive confirmation that the penalty values were also adhered to. This became a sense of second guessing and inconsistency as a result. I believe having these as default are good for the set, but definitely adjust them as you see fit.
Going to try these now Matt. V12 was my favorite set by far. Looking forward to these being better.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:37 PM   #1019
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Excited to try these on AM tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-27-2018, 10:40 PM   #1020
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Trying latest version now: AP
https://youtu.be/dL2vlOzzfoM

PSN: GRINGOyGUAVA
YouTube: Hunkerdown/GRINGOyGUAVA

Madden 19 - Coach Armstrong Franchise - year 1
The Show 18 - The Braves Reborn Franchise - year 1
FIFA or PES 19 - coming soon

Last edited by Hunkerdown; 08-27-2018 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-27-2018, 11:36 PM   #1021
Rookie

AP Chi v AZ: what can I say but I pretty much quit after the first half. Pass blocking for me was non existent, especially on PA and my run defence couldn't stop a nosebleed (over 170 yds) but I was able to run the ball pretty well but what I loved was how the CPU was actually throwing the ball away which I really haven't seen on any other set. I'm going to replay with user pass block to 55 and CPU run block to 65 and see how it goes

Last edited by metlfan; 08-27-2018 at 11:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2018, 12:00 AM   #1022
Rookie

OVR: 1

So I finished my first game and the sliders played well. I was able to get a decent pass rush and the CPU ran the ball well. The only weirded thing is the CPU didn't pass much. Only 17 attempts the entire game. And most came when they were down alot. If I can get more passes this set will be perfect. Maybe the CPU game plan had a lot to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2018, 12:13 AM   #1023
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
Trying latest version now: AP
https://youtu.be/dL2vlOzzfoM

Game was fun again, run game was awesome!!! Turnovers, sacks a bit much. User pass game for me was a bit hard on AP. Only things I would tweak. Suggestions Matt?

Old 08-28-2018, 12:16 AM   #1024
Rookie

Matt, first of all thanks for all the work.

I would love some clarification, at least in your opinion, of what the reaction time and coverage sliders are doing and if they are "reversed". You mentioned that in the previous set reaction was reversed in relation to the set itself. I don't understand this as, to me, it either makes reaction better or worse regardless of anything else. As for coverage as others have been saying recently, at the previous setting of 1, I'm not sure if that was supposed to be reversed too, or if the intention was worse coverage.

Regardless of any of that, and ignoring any other settings or sliders at all, where do you stand on these sliders in terms of what they do and if they are reversed at all. Reaction time I could see being "reversed" as it does say that the slider adjusts reaction time, so one could imagine that increasing the slider increases reaction time, thus making defenders react slower/worse. Do you agree with this? In the new set you have it over 50 so are you trying to make the defenders play better or worse?

I have essentially the same questions for coverage, though here I don't see how increasing the number could ever make coverage worse unless EA just really messed up their descriptions. So do you believe that increasing this slider makes coverage better?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »