Home

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2018, 12:10 AM   #2225
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Re-posting these from previous page:

Slider Update Log

12/26/18 - Good amount of feedback in a short time, so I do appreciate it. I was wondering why my games were playing different than most, and it made sense, I had forgotten an essential value that I did not include in the OP. The adjustment that I forgot was I raised fatigue from 50 to 52.

In addition to that value, I decided to build off of Version 22, so going to call this one Version 23. It should address the need for some push at the DL on passing plays, and also help with the pass coverage issues. Started to see the receiver catching way too easily on 50, so that was a mistake, that has been dropped down to 40 because the fatigue allows a lot more "control" from players.

Fatigue: 52 (from 50)
• Version 23: As mentioned above, I had been working on this set, but forgot that I had fatigue modified. It is a significant value to consider because it controls the players movement and behavior throughout the pitch. I feel like there is just more control from the players. Meaning, they are sharper and more precise with movement, but there is also that outside element such as mental fatigue. I like that there are more penalties this way as well. Lastly, fatigue in general brings in a host of possibilities from a QB under-throwing passes because they had been sacked before, or had to scramble for a first down, etc. This is a real nice addition to the sets.

Pass Blocking: 30/30 (from 48/48)
• Version 23: I got a bit tired of not being able to get any sort of push from the DL, so enough was enough, dropped this value as low as 15, then scaled it back up to 30 to help playaction plays. Much better now, and timing is still solid.

WR Catch: 40/40 (from 50/50)
• Version 23: As I mentioned above, it was not the right play to increase the WRC to 50. This resulted in the ball being found in the hands of the receiver way too easily, and deflections/swat attempts become futile. The QB also seemed to have a 10% increase in their accuracy as a result, made every down seem like a conversion no matter who was throwing or catching the ball.

Fumbles: 50/50 (from 52/52)
• Version 23: Cannot seem to find the best value here, so better just to keep it at 50 and let the game play out. With the fatigue there should be a lot less of the random spins as well, however it is not completely gone.

*Note, there are no changes to Special Teams or Penalty slider values.*

Game Settings

If you provide feedback, please advise of any modifications you have done from this OP set. Also, please include if you are providing feedback on All-Madden or All-Pro. Thank you!

Skill Level: All-Pro or All-Madden

Rosters: EA Default (Active or Preseason)

Auto-subs: Default

Game Speed: Normal

Game Style: Simulation

Quarter Length: 9 minutes

Accelerated Clock: Off

Gameplay Helpers

Ball Carrier Special Move: Manual

Defensive Auto Strafe: Off

Defensive Ball Hawk: Off

Defensive Heat Seeker Assist: Off

Defensive Switch Assist: Off

Game Options

Injuries: 13
• No changes. Kudos to Tommy again for these as it allows such a nice balance of entire game injuries, temporary injuries, different severity, just good overall mixture.

Fatigue: 52 (from 50)
• Version 23: As mentioned above, I had been working on this set, but forgot that I had fatigue modified. It is a significant value to consider because it controls the players movement and behavior throughout the pitch. I feel like there is just more control from the players. Meaning, they are sharper and more precise with movement, but there is also that outside element such as mental fatigue. I like that there are more penalties this way as well. Lastly, fatigue in general brings in a host of possibilities from a QB under-throwing passes because they had been sacked before, or had to scramble for a first down, etc. This is a real nice addition to the sets.

Min Player Threshold: 45 (From 15)
• No changes. Spent so much time in threshold land. I must have logged about 5 8 hours just scaling from 0 to 100 in 10 point increments. Very frustrating in some cases, but good to know what to look for even more. I pretty much had an idea, but now I know the feel and how the animations will produce. The real key was to get the entire game tighter and less like a college football game. I love lower thresholds for the concept of separating each individual player, but the game's design in threshold is true to the value - which cannot be overcome with gameplay sliders alone. My goal is not to use penalty sliders to compensate, so working with what I have here, the best balance of animations to logic was going to a threshold that accomplished that in 45.

Player/CPU Skill Settings
*Community PC file: "Matt10V23" (pending, tbd)
*Community PS4 file: "Matt10V23" (pending, hosted by Escobar)

QB Accuracy: 40/40 All-Pro & All-Madden
• No changes. Reviewed this value to ensure that 40 is still good, and relative to the WRC increase, it brings in that extra zip to a usually "floaty" 40. This value on its own can affect how the QB moves in the pocket as well, so I wanted to ensure it did not go lower.

Pass Blocking: 30/30 (from 48/48)
• Version 23: I got a bit tired of not being able to get any sort of push from the DL, so enough was enough, dropped this value as low as 15, then scaled it back up to 30 to help playaction plays. Much better now, and timing is still solid.

WR Catch: 40/40 (from 50/50)
• Version 23: As I mentioned above, it was not the right play to increase the WRC to 50. This resulted in the ball being found in the hands of the receiver way too easily, and deflections/swat attempts become futile. The QB also seemed to have a 10% increase in their accuracy as a result, made every down seem like a conversion no matter who was throwing or catching the ball.

Run Blocking: 25/25 (from 50/50)
• No changes. I wanted to get the OL/DL interaction on the runs to be less "sticky", and the only way to do that, without modifying penalty values, is to lower the run block. Thankfully lowering this value significant does not hurt too much, it actually lets the defensive line shed their blocks a tad sooner, but not so automatic that it looks completely in-sync as in all 3/4 defensive lineman shed their blocks instantly. Seeing some great animations like desperate tackles, tackle avoidance from the runner, pancakes and blindsided blocks, etc.

Fumbles: 50/50 (from 52/52)
• Version 23: Cannot seem to find the best value here, so better just to keep it at 50 and let the game play out. With the fatigue there should be a lot less of the random spins as well, however it is not completely gone.

Pass Defense Reaction Time: 55/55 (from 48/48)
• No changes. With the increase in WRC, this needed to be adjusted because the QB has some added zip to their passes. The completion chances are higher, but the reaction to the ball in the air needed to be a priority. Seen some great animations and still a good amount of realistic drops and catches.

Interceptions: 35/35
• No changes. Reviewed this value significantly as well. I wanted to see how the QB and DBs would play, but the main emphasis was the QB zipping the ball in more when a lower WRC was chosen. The issue here was the defensive coverage was not any better, and the animation that dominated was the interception attempts versus swats.

Pass Coverage: 50/50
• No changes. Next to threshold, this is the value that took the longest. I scaled this from 1 to 100 in 10 point scales as well. I found that 1 is the best man coverage, and determined this by how soon the defender's feet stop shuffling as they prepare for the receiver's change of direction at the LOS. The issue with 1 was that the zone coverage suffered. So, kept it simple and modified the other slider values to allow 50 to work.

Tackling: 41/41 (from 38/38)
• No changes. A big contributor to big plays was the missed tackles, and random, unrealistic, broken tackles. I wanted the balance of realistic wrap up tackling and gang tackling, without so much of the WWE hits. As threshold was increased, the chance of those WWE tackles increased. I liked the value of 42 a lot, but saw a bit too many big hits from small corners on tight-ends, etc, so dropped this down just a notch. Aesthetically, I like 40, but a bit too many broken tackles for my liking.

Special Teams
*note separate values from User/CPU can be changed in Main Menu, however there is no proof that the values import as separate in a franchise*

FG Power: 55/55
• I've said it before, but I like that "oomph!" in the kick. This not only allows that to happen, but it allows the accuracy value to be modified under 50 as well so there are no random driven soccer kicks into the crossbar.

FG Accuracy: 48/50
• Bumped this up for the CPU because seen 90+ kpw kickers come up well short and bar level, just wasn't realistic. Kept the FG power because still need that oomph.

Punt Power: 48/48
• May have mentioned it before, but this value is super sensitive. There is a 10-yard glitch though that happens when punting into the wind, so just be on the lookout with those. However, I did want less powered punts into the endzone that would get the punter fired on the spot if he did once in a game, let alone the multiple times this game allows it.

Punt Accuracy: 44/44
• Version 20 Dropped this one a tad more because way too much perfect punts by both user and CPU. Have to force myself to make a bad punt sometimes. The amount of back bouncing is crazy.

Kickoff Power: 48/48
• Good value here to get the ball struck perfectly through the endzone, or come up short of the goal-line.

Penalties

All Penalties Set to Default 50 or ON
• No changes. I reviewed the penalty values in particular DPI and defensive holding to establish a lot more tighter play, but these values seem to really affect the reaction of defensive players. It had too many variables, and jumbled up the animations and logic for me. I leave this up to those who want to modify, however please do not report back on irregularities without mentioning the penalty sliders you've modified. That would be skewed data to the set I presented, so I would appreciate that to be acknowledged.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2018, 03:27 AM   #2226
Pro

BlackLightning3's Arena

OVR: 2

Streaming version 23 All-Madden Browns vs Bengals http://www.youtube.com/slickescobar
Old 12-27-2018, 05:49 AM   #2227
Rookie

OVR: 0

How many drops and deflections do you see for your games? Mine are pretty high. I've played four games with different teams with the latest slider version and I usually end up with 10 to 12 drops. In the last game Julio Jones alone had 5 drops, the CPU had 8 drops. They are open and catch the ball clean, but the hit knocks the ball out of their hand and it's a drop.

Deflections are also pretty high. In my games the CPU and the user have like 15-20 deflections combined. The MLB usually ends up with the most deflections with the CBs second.

And I am still unable to generate any pressure with my DL. If I want to pressure the QB I need to bring the house, and even then it gets picked up on most occasions. Is this because the speed threshold went up?
Old 12-27-2018, 11:29 AM   #2228
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl23
I know you don’t like adjusting penalties but I believe the offensive holding penalty will fix the robo qb problem. I have it at 99 and have reduced the threshhold to zero and my games have been very realistic with 12min qtrs. both cpu and myself only score between 1-4 touchdowns in games. Had a game where I ended up with 5 fgs and 1 TD. The cpu difficulty has been very disipointing and unchallenging for me forever in madden games, after figuring out some of the penalty sliders recently I have never been so excited about playing Madden. I’ll post my penalty sliders when I get off work if your interested.

What sliders do you use with these penalties?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-27-2018, 11:53 AM   #2229
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublime55
would you mind sharing your set? you can DM me if you don't want to crowd the thread

Please share

Old 12-27-2018, 12:16 PM   #2230
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by petz_e
How many drops and deflections do you see for your games? Mine are pretty high. I've played four games with different teams with the latest slider version and I usually end up with 10 to 12 drops. In the last game Julio Jones alone had 5 drops, the CPU had 8 drops. They are open and catch the ball clean, but the hit knocks the ball out of their hand and it's a drop.

Deflections are also pretty high. In my games the CPU and the user have like 15-20 deflections combined. The MLB usually ends up with the most deflections with the CBs second.

And I am still unable to generate any pressure with my DL. If I want to pressure the QB I need to bring the house, and even then it gets picked up on most occasions. Is this because the speed threshold went up?
About 3 per side, just depends. Throwing into traffic is risk/reward too. Adjust the WRC and Pass def reaction values if you're seeing too much of those elements.
Old 12-27-2018, 01:07 PM   #2231
MVP

GJD23's Arena

Matt I think we've hit a sweet spot here!

I just finished W1 of my CFM vs the Falcons.

PHI 27, ATL 25

Ryan 21/34, 379 yards, 2TD 2INT
Wentz 20/29, 292 yards, 1TD

Freeman 14 carries for 66 yards
Wendell Smallwood (All our RB's injured in pre-season) - 32 carries for 109 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Ertz 10 catches 122 yards
Sanu 5 catches 95 yards and a touchdown
Jones 5 catches 60 yards
Agholor 4 catches 90 yards and a touchdown
Freeman 3 catches 105 yards and a touchdown

Damontae Kazee led all tacklers with 8.
Beasley & Poole with sacks for ATL.
Jernigan with the only sack for PHI.

Sidney Jones and Malcolm Jenkins with 1 INT each.

Team Stats
Rush Yards: ATL 68, PHI 124
Pass Yards: ATL 370, PHI 280
1st Downs: ATL 17, PHI 21
Turnovers: ATL 2, PHI 0
Penalties: ATL 3-25, PHI 8-80
TOP: ATL 22:04, PHI 37:56

Total Plays: 124

Total Tackles: 119

Matt Ryan was 3/12 in the first half so I was worried a bit but he really got going in the 2nd half and ended up completing 61.7% of his passes.

Overall played fantastically well, if fatigue made all that happen then I am amazed at what an effect it's had.

My only (very) slight concern would be the big plays, Ryan often hit up his WR's for big gains throughout the game. Averaged 18.04 yards per completion, compared to Wentz's 14.60.

Will play another just to solidify it but it was great!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2018, 01:12 PM   #2232
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJD23
Matt I think we've hit a sweet spot here!

I just finished W1 of my CFM vs the Falcons.

PHI 27, ATL 25

Ryan 21/34, 379 yards, 2TD 2INT
Wentz 20/29, 292 yards, 1TD

Freeman 14 carries for 66 yards
Wendell Smallwood (All our RB's injured in pre-season) - 32 carries for 109 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Ertz 10 catches 122 yards
Sanu 5 catches 95 yards and a touchdown
Jones 5 catches 60 yards
Agholor 4 catches 90 yards and a touchdown
Freeman 3 catches 105 yards and a touchdown

Damontae Kazee led all tacklers with 8.
Beasley & Poole with sacks for ATL.
Jernigan with the only sack for PHI.

Sidney Jones and Malcolm Jenkins with 1 INT each.

Team Stats
Rush Yards: ATL 68, PHI 124
Pass Yards: ATL 370, PHI 280
1st Downs: ATL 17, PHI 21
Turnovers: ATL 2, PHI 0
Penalties: ATL 3-25, PHI 8-80
TOP: ATL 22:04, PHI 37:56

Total Plays: 124

Total Tackles: 119

Matt Ryan was 3/12 in the first half so I was worried a bit but he really got going in the 2nd half and ended up completing 61.7% of his passes.

Overall played fantastically well, if fatigue made all that happen then I am amazed at what an effect it's had.

My only (very) slight concern would be the big plays, Ryan often hit up his WR's for big gains throughout the game. Averaged 18.04 yards per completion, compared to Wentz's 14.60.

Will play another just to solidify it but it was great!

On AP or AM

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »