Home

cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders

This is a discussion on cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2018, 10:17 AM   #49
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpersak
No unfortunately you can't watch all of the games for all of the teams. Just the one team that you are controlling.

What I wanted to make sure of is that the actual gameplay itself in watching the games wont be affected by this. Like there wont be crazy 300 yard rushing games or multiple 500 yard passing games in my season just because I play online CFM instead of offline right? The stats aren't so much my concern. I can live with some stats being out of wack at the end of the season as long as the games are playing nicely and realistic.

I have been seeing some great games so far like I mentioned above but I wanted to make sure that I won’t start to see some crazy gAmes.

That's a problem but you can still see how the sliders work out for you. Your team may lead or be below the other teams in several stat categories because of sliders and that’s any sliders.

From my experience mixing simmed and played stats don't work. I also have played that way in the past.

Your end of season stats will not match up with the other teams and that will have a drastic effect on your Franchise.

This is why watch every game and control all teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by cdcool; 10-15-2018 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:05 AM   #50
Rookie

ChiefKeef300's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders

5 stars! I can see the logic in watching games. It fixes the QB rushing stat problem. Carson wentz just had 4 carries for 36 yard in one game. A stat he would never have reached if simmed for a whole year lol
Old 10-15-2018, 11:14 AM   #51
Pro

1 thing I'm noticing is maybe too many big runs and I think that may be because of the min speed threshold. It makes the slow guys a bit too slow. I think if I adjust this to 10, 15 or 25 somewhere in there should make it right. I like the potential of big plays but I only wanna see three true speed guys have that threat. I don't wanna see guys like Frank gore outrunning my entire defense lol. That's the only thing I see that I may adjust. Can I ask your reason for having that slider at 0? I don't know if that's effecting something else that's key to the gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2018, 11:20 AM   #52
Rookie

ChiefKeef300's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman08
1 thing I'm noticing is maybe too many big runs and I think that may be because of the min speed threshold. It makes the slow guys a bit too slow. I think if I adjust this to 10, 15 or 25 somewhere in there should make it right. I like the potential of big plays but I only wanna see three true speed guys have that threat. I don't wanna see guys like Frank gore outrunning my entire defense lol. That's the only thing I see that I may adjust. Can I ask your reason for having that slider at 0? I don't know if that's effecting something else that's key to the gameplay
Every game is different.. . Frank gore was destroying my bears yesterday in real life lol
Old 10-15-2018, 11:31 AM   #53
Rookie

Just an observation that I have made over the last several games I've watched:

If you skip through the opening cutscenes, replays, halftime show, and other things like that, the game plays differently than if you were to just watch everything and not skip anything at all.

I've tried both ways for several games: watching games where I skip everything and only watch the gameplay and also games where I hit slow sim and basically don't touch the controller until the end of regulation.

I personally think the game plays better and you get to watch better overall games when you don't skip anything at all and just watch the game as if it were an actual NFL game. It may take twice as long to watch the games but the animations seem better, the plays seem like they are more fluid and I've even heard some more commentary that I've never heard before.

A couple posts back I mentioned a big game I watched where Jerick McKinnon had over 150 yards and 2TD before halftime. That was one of the games where I skipped all the cutscenes, halftime show, and replays and I got right into watching gameplay. I'm fairly certain that was the reason for the wonky stats for him.

Just my 2 cents on something I've seen.

Last edited by rickpersak; 10-15-2018 at 11:33 AM.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:41 AM   #54
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefKeef300
Every game is different.. . Frank gore was destroying my bears yesterday in real life lol
Yea I'm a Bears fan as well and that was tough to watch. But I'm not against big runs necessarily. The runs that Frank had that you consider big were 20 yarders. He wasn't outrunning our defense for 70 yards. I'm seeing runs where once he finds daylight it's a Ted almost every time. I don't know if I should adjust run blocking or speed thres
Old 10-15-2018, 12:41 PM   #55
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefKeef300
5 stars! I can see the logic in watching games. It fixes the QB rushing stat problem. Carson wentz just had 4 carries for 36 yard in one game. A stat he would never have reached if simmed for a whole year lol

Been playing this way for many years!
Best way to play :-)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2018, 12:45 PM   #56
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpersak
Just an observation that I have made over the last several games I've watched:

If you skip through the opening cutscenes, replays, halftime show, and other things like that, the game plays differently than if you were to just watch everything and not skip anything at all.

I've tried both ways for several games: watching games where I skip everything and only watch the gameplay and also games where I hit slow sim and basically don't touch the controller until the end of regulation.

I personally think the game plays better and you get to watch better overall games when you don't skip anything at all and just watch the game as if it were an actual NFL game. It may take twice as long to watch the games but the animations seem better, the plays seem like they are more fluid and I've even heard some more commentary that I've never heard before.

A couple posts back I mentioned a big game I watched where Jerick McKinnon had over 150 yards and 2TD before halftime. That was one of the games where I skipped all the cutscenes, halftime show, and replays and I got right into watching gameplay. I'm fairly certain that was the reason for the wonky stats for him.

Just my 2 cents on something I've seen.

I don’t and never have skipped anything as I said, so I never tested that.LOL it also really doesn’t take that long. Good to know tho!

I have Madden on its own PC so it can take as long as it likes. :-) while I’m working or playing something else.

No option except 15 minute quarters for me.
Some try and shorten the experience, not recommended. It doesn’t feel like real football to me. I was on 12 minute quarters for years with Madden 2008 PC, made sliders for 15 minutes and never went back., the mods got the number of plays down.

Last edited by cdcool; 10-15-2018 at 12:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »