Home

TDawg's Madden 20 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on TDawg's Madden 20 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2019, 04:51 PM   #89
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: TDawg's Madden 20 XP Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspire21
Are Aestis’ XP sliders made for the users to sim training every week or would they be acceptable if the users got got every week? Trying to find a consistent set that will work with a 32 user league and want to know the limitations that need to be set.
With his set you try to get the highest medal possible in training.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-17-2019, 02:41 PM   #90
Rookie

Cubs4Life's Arena

OVR: 3

Great work. I always use your xp sliders. Now time to start my season. Thank you.
Old 08-18-2019, 12:41 AM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 0

TDawg, are these sliders still good for PC version if using Sabo's mod or is Sabo doing XP changes within his mod?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2019, 11:05 AM   #92
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
TDawg, are these sliders still good for PC version if using Sabo's mod or is Sabo doing XP changes within his mod?

As far as I know Sabo doesn't do anything to XP Sliders with his mod. It's strictly a gameplay mod. Not even sure there is anything you can do via Frosty to XP Sliders. These should work just fine.

Just a FYI, if you are on PC, I'm currently working on a project to do a complete overhaul of progression. I am eliminating XP completely and using a potential based system. I'm in the early stages but it's looking very promising.

Old 08-18-2019, 12:34 PM   #93
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
As far as I know Sabo doesn't do anything to XP Sliders with his mod. It's strictly a gameplay mod. Not even sure there is anything you can do via Frosty to XP Sliders. These should work just fine.

Just a FYI, if you are on PC, I'm currently working on a project to do a complete overhaul of progression. I am eliminating XP completely and using a potential based system. I'm in the early stages but it's looking very promising.

Great. I saw you mention it in discord. Looking forward to it.

Old 08-19-2019, 04:52 PM   #94
Rookie

Tdawg, is there a particular forum where you are providing updates and general discussion about this progression system. If it is in discord, which particular forum within Madden?

Old 08-19-2019, 06:36 PM   #95
Rookie

Thanks for these sliders, I've been using them the past couple of years and they really are much better than the default settings.

I did a 20 year sim myself with them just out of curiosity and I noticed a couple of differences between the starting roster and the year 20 roster.

First, there aren't nearly as many high rated young players (I'm defining young as 21-24). I counted the number of them in each overall tier and this is what I saw:

(Range of OVR) - (# players starting roster, # players 20 year roster)

(99-96) - (2, 0)
(95-91) - (4, 1)
(90-86) - (20, 6)
(85-81) - (45, 28)

I only have a sample size of one, but that seems different enough to not be an outlier. Not sure if there's anything sliders could do to fix that, but it seems like something EA should take into account for people that want a balanced experience. Probably the easiest thing would be additional development tiers for the ultra elite, or higher possible overalls for rookies.

The second thing I noticed is the players in the 20 year roster had lower true talent. I didn't record the data, but most of the top players from the 20 year roster had archetype splits like 96/90/87, where in the starting roster you have guys like Aaron Donald with 99/99/97. There was nothing like Aaron Donald in the 20 year roster. Even the 99's had uneven splits.

Again, I don't know if there's anything sliders could do to fix that, but it seems like something the developers would pay attention to when trying to balance the game.

Thanks again for the sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2019, 06:43 PM   #96
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
Tdawg, is there a particular forum where you are providing updates and general discussion about this progression system. If it is in discord, which particular forum within Madden?

This is where I'll be giving updates: https://discordapp.com/channels/4833...03724976226304

I'll eventually create a page here at OS but after I'm way further along.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »