Home

Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2019, 09:26 AM   #561
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
Anybody you guys remember the OL injury generator someone made a few years ago? That worked well, and I'll be damned if I didn't come across it a few months back digging around on my old laptop for something.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
To be clear, I'm a spaz and didn't grab it so I've been looking for it ever since. But if I do I think it would be very relevant for this cycle

Yeah dude, I remember that. I don’t have it saved anywhere, but if I come across it, I’ll let you know.

Similar concept in that we’re manufacturing injuries.

I like the sister team deal bc it’s completely out of my hands. You get what you get (and you don’t get upset).

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2019, 10:50 AM   #562

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren
Hey Chef!

Yes, you’re 100% spot on with that assessment.

Unfortunately, there are pros and cons with this set up, just as there are with any. In full disclosure, I haven’t gotten through a full season yet with this approach. It has nothing to do with the approach itself, rather I went back and forth between OOTB and the patched game for the last 6 weeks or so, and haven’t made any significant progress in franchise.

You make a great point re: the player morale rating. My assumption would be that it will fall or remain neutral for the “injured” player. I don’t see this as a negative though because if anything, this will hamper that player when they return - almost like they have been negatively affected from their injury. More often than not, players returning from injuries IRL aren’t usually 100% themselves for quite a while. Obviously, that varies by the player and the injury.

The other negative is the IR aspect. If your sister team IR’s a player, we cannot do so. Again, not a huge concern for me. It would only become a problem if the sister team were to have a dozen or more on IR. I honestly don’t see that coming to fruition.

As for your other point, you are again on the money. The injury rating becomes insignificant for players on our team. This sucks, because it eliminates that element altogether. I’m willing to eat that, though. The flip side is that we run 40 INJ and lose our RBs, as you referenced, regardless of their INJ ratings.

I like the randomness and range of injuries that we get from the sister team approach. Advancing with the slider @ 52 produces a wide range of injuries both in terms of types and positions impacted.

FWIW, I wish we didn’t have to do this (not that you have to do this by any means). You would think by now that EA would have figured out not only how to refine their injury system, but fix it altogether. It’s been broken and largely neglected for years. If on some off chance they’re able to tune their injury system at some point during this cycle, I will absolutely look into adjusting this set accordingly and disband the sister team approach.

I’m also always open to suggestions... if you have any ideas or other feedback on the sister team approach, or anything for that matter, let me know!
Thanks for taking the time to respond, appreciate the explanation and analysis. Out of curiosity have you tried injury at 39? I don't know if that one point decrease would even make a difference but with Madden sometimes a one point difference changes things drastically. When I was setting up my franchise last night I was considering giving Josh's injury and fatigue settings a try with everything else being from your setup but if you've already tried this and it remained HB centric with injuries then I won't waste my time. His setup is basically 39 injury and 51 fatigue so it also incorporates a lower fatigue setting. Would doing this throw anything else out of sync that maybe I'm not thinking of?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2019, 11:39 AM   #563
Gaming Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Thanks for taking the time to respond, appreciate the explanation and analysis. Out of curiosity have you tried injury at 39? I don't know if that one point decrease would even make a difference but with Madden sometimes a one point difference changes things drastically. When I was setting up my franchise last night I was considering giving Josh's injury and fatigue settings a try with everything else being from your setup but if you've already tried this and it remained HB centric with injuries then I won't waste my time. His setup is basically 39 injury and 51 fatigue so it also incorporates a lower fatigue setting. Would doing this throw anything else out of sync that maybe I'm not thinking of?

Tough to tell. INJ / FAT / Threshold serve as the central hub in terms of the set that you run. We’re running a lower INJ slider here to counteract the extra juice that AM produces. The idea is to calm down gameplay on the field. If you raise INJ to 39, you’ll more than likely have a much different experience than you will with INJ set to 11 in terms of player movements. My personal opinion is that an INJ value around 10 on AM is equivalent to an INJ value around 40 on AP, at least in terms of aggression / juice on the field.

That being said, Madden is a different animal in that 2 + 2 doesn’t always equal 4. You might hit on something you like with a higher INJ value, even in relation to our set here.

Based on my own experience, you’ll see more pursuit (to the point of excess), resulting in increased sacks, TFL, big hits, fumbles, etc., by taking INJ up to 39. More than likely, you’ll need adjustments in other areas to counter the effects that the higher INJ setting yields.

There’s definitely a way to do it... but my intent was to leave the human sliders at default, and only nerf the CPU sliders that tend to be OP in AM. As a whole, I’m quite pleased with where we’re at. You’ll never get everything, but we’ve checked off quite a few boxes with the set as is, so I’m inclined to stay the course.

If you do decide to play around with INJ, let me know how you make out. I’m always curious.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch

Last edited by Ren The Conqueror; 11-24-2019 at 11:42 AM.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:05 PM   #564

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Tough to tell. INJ / FAT / Threshold serve as the central hub in terms of the set that you run. We’re running a lower INJ slider here to counteract the extra juice that AM produces. The idea is to calm down gameplay on the field. If you raise INJ to 39, you’ll more than likely have a much different experience than you will with INJ set to 11 in terms of player movements. My personal opinion is that an INJ value around 10 on AM is equivalent to an INJ value around 40 on AP, at least in terms of aggression / juice on the field.

That being said, Madden is a different animal in that 2 + 2 doesn’t always equal 4. You might hit on something you like with a higher INJ value, even in relation to our set here.

Based on my own experience, you’ll see more pursuit (to the point of excess), resulting in increased sacks, TFL, big hits, fumbles, etc., by taking INJ up to 39. More than likely, you’ll need adjustments in other areas to counter the effects that the higher INJ setting yields.

There’s definitely a way to do it... but my intent was to leave the human sliders at default, and only nerf the CPU sliders that tend to be OP in AM. As a whole, I’m quite pleased with where we’re at. You’ll never get everything, but we’ve checked off quite a few boxes with the set as is, so I’m inclined to stay the course.

If you do decide to play around with INJ, let me know how you make out. I’m always curious.
If I do it I'll let you know what I see. Time is so sparse these days I'm not even sure when I'll be able to play to test the setup. I wanted to stick with a set as close as possible and avoid falling into slider hell so I might just stick with your exact setup and see how it goes. Last question, with fatigue at 55 how does that play out later in games? Does it end up with more scoring late in the game versus earlier when, presumably, the defense is fresher? I was gonna go back and check your video from the Chiefs game you posted but cant seem to find it in this thread for some reason.

Old 11-25-2019, 10:41 AM   #565
Gaming Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
If I do it I'll let you know what I see. Time is so sparse these days I'm not even sure when I'll be able to play to test the setup. I wanted to stick with a set as close as possible and avoid falling into slider hell so I might just stick with your exact setup and see how it goes. Last question, with fatigue at 55 how does that play out later in games? Does it end up with more scoring late in the game versus earlier when, presumably, the defense is fresher? I was gonna go back and check your video from the Chiefs game you posted but cant seem to find it in this thread for some reason.

The FAT @ 55 is something that I added in late... on top of the set. It somewhat contradicts the general method of slider building, which starts with ironing out your Threshold / INJ / FAT sliders. After the set was pretty much done, I wanted to add in a little something else. The 55 fatigue was basically an experiment, courtesy of Darth Raider. I liked the way it felt. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it seems to add in a little extra weight or clunkiness, which I like.

You will see a few more mistakes and miscues, especially later in games, with that little bit of extra fatigue added in. Truthfully, we can take it or leave it at this point. I'm going to leave it, because it hasn't had any negative implications. I'm seeing a few more subs on longer drives, in addition to that added "clunkiness". It's not earth shattering one way or the other, but I'm enjoying the feel.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2019, 10:44 AM   #566
Gaming Avenger

I will be playing week 3, @ Minnesota, this evening.

Game will be on YouTube.

Week 1, we ran the generic spread offense / Week 2, we ran the generic west coast (Walsh) offense.

We're drawing up our game plan...

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
Old 11-25-2019, 10:54 AM   #567
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Yeah dude, I remember that. I don’t have it saved anywhere, but if I come across it, I’ll let you know.

I like the sister team deal bc it’s completely out of my hands. You get what you get (and you don’t get upset).
I like it a lot. Because never having interior players hurt while the cpu does kills it for me.

Old 11-25-2019, 11:59 AM   #568
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

Is this what you guys are referring to?

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...generator.html

FWIW:

I'm getting injuries to my OL using Sister Team, so prob will just stick with that.

Great to have options tho!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »