Home

Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2019, 04:33 PM   #481
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set

I think AW (who must be from Milwaukee) & RaiderRen make a good point about morale. How it can change things that throw us slider heads & others into a whirlwind with sliders. Which makes sense, normally how I test is the same matchups over & over in wk1 which probably isn't a good thing. Come WK 7 my online could be in the dumps & I'm thinking slider adjustments for run blocking. So many things to consider & it's gets downright annoying lol. Anyways, the last thing I do before starting the game is loading the sliders. Most likely placebo, but I feel it locks in the settings one last time before playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2019, 04:35 PM   #482
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennypowers88
Well, first and foremost, my apologies if you thought I was questioning your current sliders. I was asking if you thought all of these adjustments were still necessary on current All Madden, since they've been tuning the snot out of the game this year.
You're good, man. I just figured I'd take a few minutes to break everything down. It helps to see the methodology behind the maddenness.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror

Last edited by Ren The Conqueror; 10-18-2019 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:04 PM   #483
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I think AW (who must be from Milwaukee) & RaiderRen make a good point about morale. How it can change things that throw us slider heads & others into a whirlwind with sliders. Which makes sense, normally how I test is the same matchups over & over in wk1 which probably isn't a good thing. Come WK 7 my online could be in the dumps & I'm thinking slider adjustments for run blocking. So many things to consider & it's gets downright annoying lol. Anyways, the last thing I do before starting the game is loading the sliders. Most likely placebo, but I feel it locks in the settings one last time before playing.
I still think tuning for week 1 is the most important. With all things even, its important that the game be balanced and varied. I actually kind of like that morale throws things for a loop. If the game were diceded on paper, thered be no reason to play it. So a purely ratings based outcome is just as boring as a random one. But it's probably not a bad idea to check them into the middle and end of the season.

The problem with morale, for me at least, is that it's too easy for the user to obtain and not easy enough to lose. I'd love a morality slider.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-18-2019, 08:25 PM   #484
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Where is the illegal man downfield option to toggle off in franchise? I know I'm not blind lol

Old 10-18-2019, 08:30 PM   #485
Pro

Woad23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
Where is the illegal man downfield option to toggle off in franchise? I know I'm not blind lol

You can only toggle it in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2019, 08:31 PM   #486
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
You can only toggle it in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Ahhh ok, well that explains it. Thanks!

Old 10-18-2019, 11:40 PM   #487
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
I still think tuning for week 1 is the most important. With all things even, its important that the game be balanced and varied. I actually kind of like that morale throws things for a loop. If the game were diceded on paper, thered be no reason to play it. So a purely ratings based outcome is just as boring as a random one. But it's probably not a bad idea to check them into the middle and end of the season.

The problem with morale, for me at least, is that it's too easy for the user to obtain and not easy enough to lose. I'd love a morality slider.

The biggest issue with the "Morale System" is it's implementation (or lack thereof) with regard to CBs.

Since the sim engine does not (and HAS NOT for years) registered "Catches Allowed" your CBs morale will skyrocket as the season hit the 3/4 mark or so.

They become somewhat OP, as a result.

Coverage by those boosted players will bear little resemblance to how they played at default.

So:

If you adjust for the default version of those DBs, your pass coverage gets a little "too good" at that 3/4 mark and if you calibrate to the 70s / 80s morale you see late in the year, there's dismal coverage early and the whole team (potentially) suffers, as a result of losses.

To me, it's the biggest, yet easiest to correct, wart in the system.

But:

Since it's been that way for a loooooong time, I doubt it'll be addressed anytime soon.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:46 PM   #488
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

The biggest issue with the "Morale System" is it's implementation (or lack thereof) with regard to CBs.

Since the sim engine does not (and HAS NOT for years) registered "Catches Allowed" your CBs morale will skyrocket as the season hit the 3/4 mark or so.

They become somewhat OP, as a result, or they did in previous iterations.

Coverage by those boosted players then bore little resemblance to how they played early in the season, at default.

So:

If you adjust for the default version of those DBs, your pass coverage gets a little "too good" at that 3/4 mark and if you calibrate to the 70s / 80s morale you see late in the year, there's dismal coverage early and the whole team (potentially) suffers, as a result of losses.

To me, it's the biggest, yet easiest to correct, wart in the system.

But:

Since it's been that way for a loooooong time, I doubt it'll be addressed anytime soon.

I haven't played enough this year to see if it's STILL as jacked up as it has been, but unless they nerfed the consequences of those morale values, it's still a glaring negative, with regard to gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »