Home

Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

This is a discussion on Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2019, 03:35 AM   #217
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

I played 1 and a half games post patch. The first attempt by half time had ridiculous stats, symptoms of the over accelerated offense. 250 passing yardage at midway, so I was concerned the patch may have screwed the sliders but before messing with them, I just did a profile deletion and restarted the match. On second play through, the game played as it should. Like someone said, things may actually be better with the pocket passer QB thing, there were no ridiculously long drop backs or 20 yard sacks, and I havent edited those QB traits yet. Admittedly, I only have one full game of evidence so i cant say with any certainty this is the case yet, need a few more games to be sure.

Tommy, i do love your slider set, the games are far more fun for me to watch now and I'm sticking with 9/10 min quarters from here on out, but i hope you dont mind me making some suggestions based on what I've seen so far.

The run game needs a little boost, I havent seen one RB with 100+ yards in a game yet, only Trubisky and Newton scrambling have hit the 100 yard mark. Most RB's are struggling to hit 50. Passing game is about perfect though.

I think penalties need a look see, I have yet to see a roughing call, pass interference or false start penalty. Holding and encroachment are very regular though and face mask is a little too frequently called for my liking. I was going to hold off on mentioning this and of course, its entirely my opinion, I'm just mentioning my view. If you want to ignore my recommendations fair enough, I'll probably take a look myself over the next few days. I wanted to finish week ones games before touching the sliders so every team plays under the same set and has the same opportunities in a given week to record stats.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-21-2019, 04:36 AM   #218
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
I played 1 and a half games post patch. The first attempt by half time had ridiculous stats, symptoms of the over accelerated offense. 250 passing yardage at midway, so I was concerned the patch may have screwed the sliders but before messing with them, I just did a profile deletion and restarted the match. On second play through, the game played as it should. Like someone said, things may actually be better with the pocket passer QB thing, there were no ridiculously long drop backs or 20 yard sacks, and I havent edited those QB traits yet. Admittedly, I only have one full game of evidence so i cant say with any certainty this is the case yet, need a few more games to be sure.

Tommy, i do love your slider set, the games are far more fun for me to watch now and I'm sticking with 9/10 min quarters from here on out, but i hope you dont mind me making some suggestions based on what I've seen so far.

The run game needs a little boost, I havent seen one RB with 100+ yards in a game yet, only Trubisky and Newton scrambling have hit the 100 yard mark. Most RB's are struggling to hit 50. Passing game is about perfect though.

I think penalties need a look see, I have yet to see a roughing call, pass interference or false start penalty. Holding and encroachment are very regular though and face mask is a little too frequently called for my liking. I was going to hold off on mentioning this and of course, its entirely my opinion, I'm just mentioning my view. If you want to ignore my recommendations fair enough, I'll probably take a look myself over the next few days. I wanted to finish week ones games before touching the sliders so every team plays under the same set and has the same opportunities in a given week to record stats.

Everytime it starts going sideways I shut it down, restart and delete my profile. Thus far that has been the answer. Regarding the run game, I agree that often the numbers aren't there, but that comes with a qualifier: usually there aren't enough run plays called. My top two backs are averaging over 4 yards per carry, but with a combined 18 carries per game their numbers aren't eye popping. My fullback has the most carries in a single game so far for me.

I'm experimenting with edited playbooks to see if I can get better results there.

My gripe with penalties come from my team's knack for getting them at the most inopportune times. Offsides and facemask does get called a lot though.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:33 AM   #219
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachCraven
Everytime it starts going sideways I shut it down, restart and delete my profile. Thus far that has been the answer. Regarding the run game, I agree that often the numbers aren't there, but that comes with a qualifier: usually there aren't enough run plays called. My top two backs are averaging over 4 yards per carry, but with a combined 18 carries per game their numbers aren't eye popping. My fullback has the most carries in a single game so far for me.

I'm experimenting with edited playbooks to see if I can get better results there.

My gripe with penalties come from my team's knack for getting them at the most inopportune times. Offsides and facemask does get called a lot though.
From last year's experience tweaking my own sliders, if you boost one aspect of the game, the play calls by the CPU will adjust their behaviour to suit, so by giving the running game a little tweak or alternatively reducing the effectiveness of the passing game, without even adjusting playbooks, you might find the CPU will be more inclined to call run plays, thus bumping the number of run attempts made.

The key of course is not to tweak to much that you unbalance the game and spoil the good that you have accomplished

Last edited by TG The Punisher; 08-21-2019 at 07:12 AM.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:14 AM   #220
Rookie

So with the new patch, should we play like this or should we change something?
Old 08-21-2019, 11:11 AM   #221
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

It’s been a long time for me since I’ve posted...I have been however grateful for all the sliders and gameplay fixes that people like yourself..CD ..Josh..ect have worked on.
I supersim games watch..like realism..been using your sliders..I started my first Franchise after patch.I’m also new to Franchise...my issue is in franchise none of the special moves are working for cpu back or wr..none. No jukes no trucking spins no anything.
Using same roster in play now as in Franchise..and special moves played out fine in Playnow..
If there is anything I can do more with traits or sliders I would love the suggestion..
I currently have fumbles on 35..helped with animation in Playnow..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2019, 01:13 PM   #222
MVP

OVR: 6

I haven’t watched but one game with the patch, and it played about the same as it did pre-patch. One qb was 73 percent and the other was 48 percent. Both teams had just over 200 rushing yards. One back had 103 on 19 carries and a td. Stats looked good. Was real tired when i watched it, and didn’t notice any real differences.

Just don’t have much time right now with the new job to do massive test games, and I’m gonna have to rely on info from you guys to see if there’s any tweaks that need to be made.

One tweak that I made a few days ago but forgot about was this:

In the cfm league settings setup, when you select the accelerated clock stuff, do how we did it last year.

Go to the second accelerated clock option, runoff time and turn it to OFF. Yes this is the one that has numbers, but if you flip all the way through, you’ll see OFF. Turn it OFF.

Now, leave the accelerated clock ON.

This might be why i’m Not seeing some of the problems you guys do. Sorry, i forgot to mention this. Got a lot going on right now.

Also:

1. I get better results when my console isn’t connected to the internet at all when i start a game.

2. May be best to restart the game in between each contest. SOme guys delete it, nothing wrong with that either, just not sure if that’s neccesary.

3. Make sure you take control of the team you’re playing against and set their Running Back Auto Subs to 99/98. If you don’t do this, you’ll see high completion % and strange run/pass ratios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Very limited time with the game, rented it from redbox, fooled around. Probably be a while before i mess with it again. Lots of requests on here and xbox for sliders. Figured i’d Give a base where people could start. Had 3 good games with these. Don’t have any of the patches. Still downloading. Couldn’t find much info on patches. No idea what it does. Will help you guys hone these in, but it will be from a distance with suggestions and not me playing much. If you guys get stumped, ill rent the game again and check it out.

Settings:

1. On setup do expert level and SIM. When in CFM change to Pro skill level. All madden at setup helps playcalling AI and pro in cfm drives better animations and the ratings matter more. Best of both worlds. In the past, all pro has gave me scripted outcomes.

2. Just leave main menu default

Skill pro —-remember this changes from initial setting

Game style simulation
League type; coaches and owner
Instant starter OFF
Deadline ON
Trade Type enable all
Coach firing OFF
Salary cap on
Superstar abilities OFF——>fixes fumble problem
Injury ON
Pre existing injury Off
Squad steal on
Career clock off
Progression user choice

Quarter length 9 minutes
Accelerated clock ON———>check the notes
Runoff time: OFF——->check the notes

Go to the second accelerated clock option, runoff time and turn it to OFF. Yes this is the one that has numbers, but if you flip all the way through, you’ll see OFF. Turn it OFF.

Sliders (same for hum and cpu)
Qb acc 66
Pass block 35
Wr catch 40
Run block 52
Fumbles 35———->with superstar abilities turned off, we can go back to 35 which opens up all the animations when combined with the lower tackle
Pass defense reaction time 60
Int 46
Pass cover 60
Tackle 37

Special teams default

Injuries 35
Fatigue 65
Min player speed threshold 50

Offside 99
False start 25
Holding 60
Def holding 65
Facemask 50
Def pass int 99
All other penalties ON

Auto subs- RB 99/98——>remember to take control of the team you’re playing and set their autosubs as well.

Once game starts before kickoff go to penalties in the ingame menu and turn the illegal man downfield penalty ON. It’s default is off. Remember, turn it ON.

Here’s a tip i recommended to rick.

Rick’s seeing the ai go for it more with these tweaks kickers. He’s still early testing, but since he’s seeing results, I figured I’d share for further testing. this formula worked last year. Giants mentioned it a week or so ago.

Tweaks:
Set all kickers awareness to 75. also max the power to 85. keep josh tucker as is, so he’ll standout, but edit the others. last year this stopped this stuff. if there’s any other dude’s that attempt 6 or more from 55+, i guess give them 90 something kick power too.

Explanation:
The low awareness makes the coaching AI not trust the kicker for this sort of thing. the lower power should make their tendency as accurate. Key thing, make them all accurate tendency, except for 1-3 studs, so they stand out. set all others for accurate and they shouldnt be used for those 60 yard attempts. this worked last year. giants tested it, others did too. cant remember who.

Like last year, We’re also seeing good things when you change a pocket passer qbs trait to balanced instead of pocket passer.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 08-21-2019, 02:38 PM   #223
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
I haven’t watched but one game with the patch, and it played about the same as it did pre-patch. One qb was 73 percent and the other was 48 percent. Both teams had just over 200 rushing yards. One back had 103 on 19 carries and a td. Stats looked good. Was real tired when i watched it, and didn’t notice any real differences.

Just don’t have much time right now with the new job to do massive test games, and I’m gonna have to rely on info from you guys to see if there’s any tweaks that need to be made.

One tweak that I made a few days ago but forgot about was this:

In the cfm league settings setup, when you select the accelerated clock stuff, do how we did it last year.

Now, leave the accelerated clock ON.

This might be why i’m Not seeing some of the problems you guys do. Sorry, i forgot to mention this. Got a lot going on right now.

Also:

1. I get better results when my console isn’t connected to the internet at all when i start a game.

2. May be best to restart the game in between each contest. SOme guys delete it, nothing wrong with that either, just not sure if that’s neccesary.

3. Make sure you take control of the team you’re playing against and set their Running Back Auto Subs to 99/98. If you don’t do this, you’ll see high completion % and strange run/pass ratios.
Question: how do you take personal control of both teams? I tried this last year but it wouldn't let me watch the game play out, it would only let me play.

I have my CFM set where I control all 32 teams, but only one controller hooked up. I can get another one connected no problem, so it's a settings issue I'm missing that would allow me to start the game and watch it play out.

Old 08-21-2019, 02:56 PM   #224
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Actually, I think I may have figured out my error. You mean, press R3 (XBOX controller) to switch teams in Franchise and do the Auto Subs for each team under the MY TEAM settings.

Or am I still wrong lol?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »