Home

Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

This is a discussion on Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2019, 05:45 PM   #249
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

Hey Coach so my problem is I thought only pertained to Franchise but
I tried super sim cpu vs cpu in exhibition or play now and all or any special moves be.
be it juke truck spin you name it is gone since patch. Runners wideouts or running backs just run methodically at tacklers
I have had my internet off per Tommycoe but this was an issue when I was hooked to internet as well ... if you can find anything that can fix this please let me know
Might have to go back to 19
Old 08-22-2019, 05:56 PM   #250
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

I feel this might be just me seeing the lack of animations for ballcarries
Because everyone else is fine with this issue as I read through these threads
What I used to see is cuts just like the intro where’s back or wr fakes out a defender
defender completely. All trucking stiff animations spins are gone
Maybe it’s my sliders setup ect been trying everything no results
Old 08-22-2019, 06:44 PM   #251
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckermaine
I feel this might be just me seeing the lack of animations for ballcarries
Because everyone else is fine with this issue as I read through these threads
What I used to see is cuts just like the intro where’s back or wr fakes out a defender
defender completely. All trucking stiff animations spins are gone
Maybe it’s my sliders setup ect been trying everything no results
It's not just you, I'm seeing it as well. EA pandered to the online MUT toads that couldn't overcome the stiff arm spammers (hit stick LOW, duh) and cut the balls off the ballcarrier.

I'm sending you a pm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2019, 08:09 PM   #252
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Im seeing the stars make plays and get the ball without the gimmicks. Didn’t like the superstar thing, all the stuff lighting up on the field, and i just dont trust it. It’s too much like how they ruined ncaa back in the day with overpowered Impact Players. I think the superstar abilities do still come into effect with them turned off, it’s just not as overpowered.

With it on, you’re gonna be constantly fighting momentum problems. The game will get too streaky with stuff like the Wagner thing. You adjust fumbles, another hole gets punched in the ship and there’s too many tfls or ints or long runs etc.

That’s the one thing that ive noticed for sure about these sliders and madden. You have to have all the gimmicks turned off. Even old gimmicks, stuff like accelerated clock, instant starter, career clock. Any of that stuff being on throws too many monkey wrenches into the mix.

Seems like when it’s bare bones, the sliders work mostly as they should with the excpetion of the pass defense sliders, but those seem better this year. In year’s past, nobody really could get a hold on this one.

Best analogy i can come up with. Say you have an official Jenga set and a knock off set. The knock off jenga is like the gimmicks in this game, when you stick that piece in with the official Jenga pieces, it doesn’t quite want to fit. It almost fits, but ultimately you can’t use it.
I just finished the 1st week of games, all post patch, controlling all teams, so I'll try it the 2nd week with the superstar mode off and see what happens. Hopefully it'll help bring the QB completion % down if nothing else. Most games the QB's seem to be in 75-85% range, some higher, even after lowering the QBA to 43. Of course my lowest rated starting QB, Dilfer, who isn't a star player still completed 21 of 22 passes in his game vs a decent defense.

The high % of completions vs good defenses, way too much passing when not using a custom PB(Elway threw 45 times even tho the team was way ahead most the game)and the high fumbles when there were enforcers in the game were the biggest issues week 1.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:31 PM   #253
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepichi
I just finished the 1st week of games, all post patch, controlling all teams, so I'll try it the 2nd week with the superstar mode off and see what happens. Hopefully it'll help bring the QB completion % down if nothing else. Most games the QB's seem to be in 75-85% range, some higher, even after lowering the QBA to 43. Of course my lowest rated starting QB, Dilfer, who isn't a star player still completed 21 of 22 passes in his game vs a decent defense.

The high % of completions vs good defenses, way too much passing when not using a custom PB(Elway threw 45 times even tho the team was way ahead most the game)and the high fumbles when there were enforcers in the game were the biggest issues week 1.
I've been getting better balance with the offense since changing schemes. Even went back to the stock team playbook after having tinkered with making a custom one.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:39 PM   #254
Rookie

I’m seeing the high completions to
Old 08-22-2019, 09:42 PM   #255
MVP

OVR: 6

From what I’ve seen and seeing other people in thread using the broncos, there’s something in that coaches profile or playbook, they throw a lot. Never fails. Dont think ive seen or others have reported them running more than 10-15 times a game. You may have to change something with schemes.

If it’s a classic roster, the ratings may be too high to congeal with the sliders. Didn’t realize you were using them. Which classic roster set are you using? If it’s on PS4 i can look at the roster and see where the sliders need to be. Lot of it depends on how highly rated the players are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepichi

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2019, 10:26 AM   #256
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Had another amazing game last night. Playing with the Raiders against the Packers and while Rodgers had a pretty good game, we still won and everything from the stats to the animations, the running game, the amount of turnovers, the sacks, everything was incredible gameplay.

I don't understand it. I cannot understand it. I've tried trying to break down via the sliders why it plays so well and I just don't know. I'm just going to accept it that Tommy is the freakin messiah of Madden simulation gaming and I'm good with it.

I do know one thing. Lamar Jackson is unstoppable because even for a second if he doesn't immediately see someone open, he just takes off running. It's an incredible sight to see actually watching him juke defenders. It's almost unfair. I'm about to restart my franchise cause he's just so overpowered. I don't know if all scrambling QB's are like that but just wow.

Anyways...good times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »