Home

Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

This is a discussion on Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2019, 03:03 PM   #225
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
Actually, I think I may have figured out my error. You mean, press R3 (XBOX controller) to switch teams in Franchise and do the Auto Subs for each team under the MY TEAM settings.

Or am I still wrong lol?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Operation Sports mobile app

That's what I have been doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2019, 03:04 PM   #226
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Actually, I think I may have figured out my error. You mean, press R3 (XBOX controller) to switch teams in Franchise and do the Auto Subs for each team under the MY TEAM settings.

Or am I still wrong lol?

That’s it.

Scheme has a lot to do with how much they run the ball too. If you want them to commit to the run more on O, you might want to try the the schemes that have run in them. Like zone run vertical. Can’t remember them all. Not in front of the console right now.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 08-21-2019, 03:12 PM   #227
Rookie

Quote:
From last year's experience tweaking my own sliders, if you boost one aspect of the game, the play calls by the CPU will adjust their behaviour to suit, so by giving the running game a little tweak or alternatively reducing the effectiveness of the passing game, without even adjusting playbooks, you might find the CPU will be more inclined to call run plays, thus bumping the number of run attempts made.

The key of course is not to tweak to much that you unbalance the game and spoil the good that you have accomplished

That's a good point about the CPU compensating for your adjustments. I'm not really dissatisfied with the run game at the moment, especially after the 25 carry 165 yard game Tevin Coleman just had in my franchise. I like messing with playbooks, so that's not really a chore.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:13 PM   #228
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Just some observations based on the 3 games I've watched post patch;

It may be that with your current sliders the run game has improved post patch. I'm seeing more yards in those 3 games than pre patch. Averages are much higher, so it's not run attempts but more yards per carry. Monitoring a few more to be sure before I can say categorically.

Also think INT's may have increased post patch. I'm seeing more per game, but again I want to be sure. I'm mentioning these because it'd be good to get some others looking into it, see if we're all seeing the same thing

Old 08-21-2019, 03:15 PM   #229
MVP

Bills/Broncos Year 2 week 1
Bills. Broncos
27. Score. 24
293. Tot off. 275
158. Rushing. 24
135. Passing. 251
13. First downs. 15
0. Turnovers 5
4-15. 3rd down. 6-10
6-83. Penalties. 6-38

Bills 30 passes/33 runs/not sacked=66 plays

Broncos 40 passes/9 runs/sacked 4 times=53

66+53=119 total plays

70 passes/41 runs/4 sacks

12 tfls
4 sacks
4 ints
10 pass deflections
1 FF/no recoveries

Bills offense
Josh Allen
13-30 152 42% 0/0

Rushing
Derrick Henry 21-104 2 tds
Jordan Howard 9-57
Allen 3- -3

Receiving
WR Dez Bryant 4-79
TE Kraft 3-14
WR Beasley 3-31
WR Jones 2-28
TE Manhertz 1-0

9 wrs
4 te
0 rbs

Broncos
Rookie Justin Herbert
29/40 73% 282 1 td/4 ints

Rushing
Lindsey 6-15 1 td
Freeman 3-9

Receiving
WR Hamilton 7-54
WR reagor 5-86 1 tdWR WR Sutton 6-71
TE Butt 5-33
TE Cracraft 3-34
RB Lindsay 2- -1
RB Fumagalli 1-1
RB Freeman 1-4

18-WR
8 TE
4 RB

Sent from my iPad

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 08-21-2019, 03:30 PM   #230
MVP

Something else that’s effected things in the past but i haven’t really ever mentioned it. When i create a owner, after i change role and enter new owner, i go to career settings, at the bottom, team settings

Pop-ups OFF
Progress OFF
Fill roster ON

Need to test it with pop ups on because it’s played better in the past with them on. Hate mentioning this stuff because it causes so much of a poop storm. I keep all the others up above in user team help at MANUAL for both teams. If you change stuff up, i’d Make sure they match. May not do anything. Just as a precaution. Got rained out today, about to watch the chiefs vs tua and the dolphins in year 2. This isn’t the same cfm i posted about earlier this week, it got deleted when the patch hit. Not deleted, better word is reset back to the preseason week 1.

Teams finished:
Old 08-21-2019, 04:38 PM   #231
MVP

Quote:
I played 1 and a half games post patch. The first attempt by half time had ridiculous stats, symptoms of the over accelerated offense. 250 passing yardage at midway, so I was concerned the patch may have screwed the sliders but before messing with them, I just did a profile deletion and restarted the match. On second play through, the game played as it should. Like someone said, things may actually be better with the pocket passer QB thing, there were no ridiculously long drop backs or 20 yard sacks, and I havent edited those QB traits yet. Admittedly, I only have one full game of evidence so i cant say with any certainty this is the case yet, need a few more games to be sure.

Tommy, i do love your slider set, the games are far more fun for me to watch now and I'm sticking with 9/10 min quarters from here on out, but i hope you dont mind me making some suggestions based on what I've seen so far.

The run game needs a little boost, I havent seen one RB with 100+ yards in a game yet, only Trubisky and Newton scrambling have hit the 100 yard mark. Most RB's are struggling to hit 50. Passing game is about perfect though.

I think penalties need a look see, I have yet to see a roughing call, pass interference or false start penalty. Holding and encroachment are very regular though and face mask is a little too frequently called for my liking. I was going to hold off on mentioning this and of course, its entirely my opinion, I'm just mentioning my view. If you want to ignore my recommendations fair enough, I'll probably take a look myself over the next few days. I wanted to finish week ones games before touching the sliders so every team plays under the same set and has the same opportunities in a given week to record stats.

I haven’t seen any problems with the run game yet, but with the penalties it is what it is. I see offensive holding, encroachment, illegal block, and defensive pass interference quite a bit. Tried to keep false start low because it helps with line play and interactions. Hopefully raising it doesn’t mess with the line interactions mixed with 99 offsides. I’d rather have the dynamic line play and sacrifice a few encroachments for false starts.

Lot’s of compromise when it comes to the penalties in madden. It’s gotten better over the years, but it’s still not there. I’ll fool with penalties some, but i doubt i come back with anything substantial. With penalties, you can’t expect the variety of real life, just not there in madden. You just have to aim for 10-12 penalties for 80-90 yards combined teams.

Running a test game with higher false starts. The first try boosted the run game too much. It was instantly noticeable. I just tried a few minor tweaks and it went crazy with offense.

My biggest problem right now is the wrs seem dead at 40 now. They don’t go after like they once did, and that’s why we’re seeing more interceptions. I tried wr catch at 44, and it felt like 100, lol. Trying 41 now. The ints im seeing are caused by the WRs simply not going after the ball like they were pre-patch. Want to try other roads before I drop int to 45 or lower because INT slider is the brain of the defense. The wrs just aren’t getting into position like they were pre-patch.

I’ll keep you guys updated with the tests.

Teams finished:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2019, 05:22 PM   #232
Rookie

Tommy, any chance the issue with receivers is related to the ball carrier/stiff arm nerf? I'm seeing not just less stiff arms but less jukes as well. It hasn't hurt the run game, but a couple of my receivers aren't attacking the ball and getting up field quite like they were. It's not too bad so far but it does seem to be there.

I could be way off. You're the Jedi master with this stuff, so I trust your judgement.

The penalties aren't bothering me much. I'm seeing more variety since the patch, but not more of them. I definitely think fumbles are improved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »