Home

Mike Lowe Madden 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Mike Lowe Madden 20 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2020, 11:44 AM   #121
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Mike Lowe Madden 20 Sliders

I run a very diverse running game now as I had a scrambler QB with 90 speed. We now use a spread playbook, and in Week 3 in an online CFM my rookie QB leads NFL QBs in rushing yards. We picked him 3rd overall.

But I have always used a diverse mix, but probably rely on more zone than anything. I will run zone with power backs; doesn't matter to me.

Falling forward is a trait. I highly recommend your RBs have it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2020, 11:51 AM   #122
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
I run a very diverse running game now as I had a scrambler QB with 90 speed. We now use a spread playbook, and in Week 3 in an online CFM my rookie QB leads NFL QBs in rushing yards. We picked him 3rd overall.

But I have always used a diverse mix, but probably rely on more zone than anything. I will run zone with power backs; doesn't matter to me.

Falling forward is a trait. I highly recommend your RBs have it.
In the last game I set human run block to 15, since in the OP you have 9 (-6) which I'm assuming means it used to be 15. The game felt a little better, like I at least had a chance. I broke an outside run for 15 yards.

I haven't played Madden since '16 and I've been playing old NCAA games a lot. I think there will just be an adjustment period for me and was hoping to start the run block slider out a little higher and work my way back down to 9. The pass game feels spot on to me.
Old 02-06-2020, 05:30 PM   #123
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Loving madden. No run game issues for me. Unless playing a good defense. As it should be.

PS_Messages_20200206_172711.jpegPS_Messages_20200206_172650.jpegPS_Messages_20200206_172621.jpeg

PSN: TheGritsBlitz

Current Franchises:
Madden 20 - Falcons
NBA 16 - Hawks
PES 2020 - Chelsea
The Show 19 - Braves
Old 02-06-2020, 05:31 PM   #124
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

NFC South tight:
PS_Messages_20200206_173129.jpeg

Current Franchises:
Madden 20 - Falcons
NBA 16 - Hawks
PES 2020 - Chelsea
The Show 19 - Braves
Old 02-07-2020, 07:09 AM   #125
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

Big win, NFC South Race....

PS_Messages_20200207_070756.jpegPS_Messages_20200207_070745.jpeg

Current Franchises:
Madden 20 - Falcons
NBA 16 - Hawks
PES 2020 - Chelsea
The Show 19 - Braves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2020, 05:23 PM   #126
MVP

I'm definitely getting the hang of things. I had changed the offensive scheme and I don't think it was interacting well with my playbook. So I picked a new scheme and a playbook that goes with it better. Also found a camera angle that I really like for running the ball (the second-most zoomed out one is working great for me to see where to work through in the run-game).

I'm probably going to drop run block back down to 12, and then progress down to 9. I'm 5-3 in year 2 but on a 4 game win streak (all wins after changing the scheme/playbook). Great games too, won some road games I had no business winning, with defense/ST TDs, blew someone out at home who had a rookie QB, etc.
Old 02-11-2020, 09:57 AM   #127
MVP

I went back down to 9 for Human Run Block and I've still been winning alot. After changing my scheme/playbook (west coast zone run/TEN) I'm 12-1 and currently in the AFC Championship game. Since dropping Run Block from 15 to 9 I'm 4-1.

Games are still really close but it definitely feels like my team is always going to make the "one" play that is needed to win. Maybe that'll change on me next year. The Colts do have a pretty decent roster, and I drafted a good rookie QB who has been pretty solid. The running game is really what pulls me through though.

I've had to learn how to use slide protection and double teams to handle pass rushers (Joey freakin' Bosa) and JJ Watt, etc, which is awesome. I've never felt I needed to learn that before.

In the end I'm feeling like All Pro will be a little too easy, and like usual, All Madden will be too hard. It's been the same story for me in Football gaming for like 15 years now. Although I will say that this is probably the best All Pro experience I can ever remember. Defense is really hard to play well.
Old 02-26-2020, 12:49 PM   #128
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

First post updated. Some pretty aggressive changes with coverage based on some adjustments I've seen in my online CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »