Home

In your honest opinion, did EA really spend 2 years developing Next Gen?

This is a discussion on In your honest opinion, did EA really spend 2 years developing Next Gen? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: In your honest opinion, did EA really spend 2 years developing Next Gen?

I find it interesting how EA so proudly boasted about the graphics at E3 and constantly advertised the picture of Robert Griffin, etc.

Then BOOM we see the next-gen footage and it looks literally identical to current gen. Now EA is telling us not to pay attention to the minor graphic leap and really wait to get our hands on it to see how it "feels"......

Personally, I could care less about graphics and I just want great gameplay, but it is literally the same thing with EA Tiburon time and time again.

What in the world is going on down there....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #26
Rookie

troy184's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Let me try and explain this one last time. They worked on the tech for the Ignite engine for two years. They worked on the Madden part of Ignite for roughly a year. They worked on Ncaa, current gen m25, then started working on M15 vision early, then put all their focus on M25 next gen.

Rex Dickson said all of that during his interview with Rich Grisham.
So, basically what you are saying is that their staff wasn't big enough for all the tasks at hand. Or did they just mislead us again?
Old 11-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 6

For the way the game looks and the lack of new features with any impact value, I would think they would be better off saying they only spent a couple of days working on it.

If this is the product of two years worth of effort the future of football gaming is very bleak indeed.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #28
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

I only know one thing..........................

Madden 15 will be the best EVER!

Last edited by Rules; 11-14-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
For the way the game looks and the lack of new features with any impact value, I would think they would be better off saying they only spent a couple of days working on it.

If this is the product of two years worth of effort the future of football gaming is very bleak indeed.
Well apparently the MLB guys and NBA 2k guys must have SUPER SIZED teams to be able to add value to their next gen offerings. LMAO - it's gotten to the point where all you can do is laugh. I mean, they touted the "LIVING WORLDS". Just look at the sidelines... In the middle of winter, snowing, freezing - and guess what? All of the camera men are wearing shorts and t shirts. LOL. I guess that should be blamed on the "suits", right? Apparently, Andrew Wilson came down to the presentation development team and told them to be sure all cameramen wear shorts in the dead of winter in the snow. How about the audio? Wait, wait - we all know there is a whole separate team that works on audio... Nothing different about commentary in the NG version. So in all that time, what were the audio guys doing? My guess - playing foozball, drinking beer and taking 2 hours lunches?

All high fives going on at Tiburon since they are excited for launch of Madden next gen. Like I always say - the land of Tiburon - the most fantastic land in all of the world.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #30
Rookie

Ferweezy's Arena

OVR: 5

I have grown bitter with tiburon. They are clueless. To put it in metaphorical terms. They remind me of a old player that's way past it's prime and won't give the game up. Still living off it's past success and The heads at EA are like a incompetent GM or Owner. Clearly everyone wants him out of town, but the owner won't make a change, because all of the achievements and money he has made in the past.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 4

I will say YES. Ea Sports spent 2 years building an infrastructure and engine that could consolidate all of their various GEN 3 sports games engines into 1 GEN 4 engine.

I am both excited and disappointed by Madden.
To be considered a true next gen title. Wouldn't have taken much.

1)Go out and capture 1000+ new animations and facial scans, Tackles, running, QB drop backs, catches. To reduce the redundancy of animations we've seen for the last 5 years. By not adding new animations of course the game looks like Current Gen with a candy paint.

2) Stadium atompshere (they tried to address) and emotion. The Order 1886, 2k, even UFC (an EA title on ingite) Have acknowledged that facial expressions and emotion are the calling card of Gen 4. We don't see any of those present in Madden.
2b) Player chatter? Where is this? I read that the QB and lineman identify the mike but don't say who the Mike is out loud? Why not If the AI is making soo many calculations per second why not have them verbally say who the Mike is? If the D shows blitz why not have the lineman or QB say or point to the blitzer and say to "watch him". These all add to immersion and realism even though it's pretty much cosmetic.

3) Ball Physics: NBA live hasn't been out for years and has ball physics before Madden. Madden also the only ignite sports title without ball physics. How was this overlooked?

4) Then make the game-play tweeks they touted.

New animations would have given this game a new feel. At least it would have "Look" different. but with the same old animations we've seen 10000000 times. it's hard to feel like your buying a new product.

So did EA work on madden for 2 years. I will say NO. And I hope they didn't because if this is 2 years worth of improvements it's going to be a long console generation. I will stand by my statment that consolidating the game engines is the best thing that could happen for Madden. because now they can piggy back on Fifa.

Last edited by dghustla; 11-14-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 10

I think they did spend 2 years developing it, however I think what they devolved was madden 15...

This year they decide on a straight port because people that are not die hard sim gamers that purchase madden annually every year, are most likely the same people that will not pick up a new console until the first or second price drop. EA saved resources while still putting out a next gen launch title, and we will see the benefits of that next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »