Home

In your honest opinion, did EA really spend 2 years developing Next Gen?

This is a discussion on In your honest opinion, did EA really spend 2 years developing Next Gen? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2013, 05:06 PM   #33
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: In your honest opinion, did EA really spend 2 years developing Next Gen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Let me try and explain this one last time. They worked on the tech for the Ignite engine for two years. They worked on the Madden part of Ignite for roughly a year. They worked on Ncaa, current gen m25, then started working on M15 vision early, then put all their focus on M25 next gen.

Rex Dickson said all of that during his interview with Rich Grisham.
Yup, cuz everything they say is true.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:08 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
I think they did spend 2 years developing it, however I think what they devolved was madden 15...

This year they decide on a straight port because people that are not die hard sim gamers that purchase madden annually every year, are most likely the same people that will not pick up a new console until the first or second price drop. EA saved resources while still putting out a next gen launch title, and we will see the benefits of that next year.
lol it isnt ea or tibs fault for having bad football games. ITS CONSUMERS LIKE THIS GUY. Stop blaming the devs we choose to purchase the product AND ALLOW EA TO LIVE. THIS IS JUST ONE EXAMPLE OF HOW WE AMERICANS ARE JUST STUPID. Any have a iphone?
Old 11-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #35
Pro

solofx7's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
For the way the game looks and the lack of new features with any impact value, I would think they would be better off saying they only spent a couple of days working on it.

If this is the product of two years worth of effort the future of football gaming is very bleak indeed.
They clearly did not spend 2 years on this. What they showed us and what actually came out are two totally different things. They showed us a bunch of next gen looking stuff like gameplay and graphics, stuff that was actually running. What they gave us in the end was a slightly up-res exact port of current gen. This seems to have been a last second decision or change because they went from showing stuff and things they were proud of to a total media blackout and an embargo so people could not talk? Not only is it horrible, it is bait and switch to the highest. Yes, it was a "free" game from Target, but if I am going to get something free, I don't want to be lied to about what it is. At its best, this version of the game is nowhere near the visual quality of what they showed.

Something totally stinks and I really feel like they need to speak about it. I am personally not going to go for here is something free for you BS, when they totally gave us something different, told everyone to be quiet about it and sold it under false pretense... WTF...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just goes to show that Tiburon isn't filled with too many talented developers. Which shouldn't be too surprising, top tier talent proabably doesn't want to work on a yearly sports title. So the the devs that end up at Tiburon are just happy to find some employment in the industry and don't care too much about football. If the team had any talent or any dedication Madden wouldn't be in the situation it is in right know. Worst thing is they don't even seem to have any pride, considering what they deliver year in year out.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:47 PM   #37
Rookie

Lodeus's Arena

OVR: 8

Negative. It should look and play a lot better with two years spent working on it.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #38
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I wasn't trying to talk down to anyone earlier, just giving my thoughts on the matter. I honestly think they spent the time between when Madden 25 current gen was launched and until about a month ago working on Madden 25 next gen outside of True Step and the O/D line interactions. To me about 3 months development time would be about right based on this final product. What I was told was even something similar, that they weren't really working on Madden 25 next gen until they finished Madden 25 current gen. I don't agree with that at all and they should have been more honest and upfront with their fanbase if they were just going to do a high res port. They should have shown us what they did and then said, this is what we are wanting Madden next gen to look like next year, now this year, we are just porting the game over so we can deliver a true next gen experience in Madden 15, but that is not what they did and I understand why people are upset. I was upset myself when I found out this was basically going to be a high res port back in September, and that Madden 15 was going to be what we were all waiting on.

If we go back to MLB the Show 07 and compare it with 08, we will see that 07 was basically a PS2 port for PS3 and then 08 was a much closer version to what we all know and love today.

MLB 07

MLB 08

I'm expecting similar results with Madden 15. Remember that Kolbe of MLB the Show is in charge of Presentation for next gen Madden and if you guys think that this is his idea of presentation for a next gen console after seeing what he was able to do with MLB the Show, then I think you're only kidding yourselves.

I think we have yet to see what a next gen Madden is going to look like, based on not seeing what Kolbe has in mind for it alone.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #39
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0

Your pics of The Show are two completely different views. Let's see the same view from both games, they're pretty much the same. When 07 came out for PS3 I remember being blown away.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I wasn't trying to talk down to anyone earlier, just giving my thoughts on the matter. I honestly think they spent the time between when Madden 25 current gen was launched and until about a month ago working on Madden 25 next gen outside of True Step and the O/D line interactions. To me about 3 months development time would be about right based on this final product. What I was told was even something similar, that they weren't really working on Madden 25 next gen until they finished Madden 25 current gen. I don't agree with that at all and they should have been more honest and upfront with their fanbase if they were just going to do a high res port. They should have shown us what they did and then said, this is what we are wanting Madden next gen to look like next year, now this year, we are just porting the game over so we can deliver a true next gen experience in Madden 15, but that is not what they did and I understand why people are upset. I was upset myself when I found out this was basically going to be a high res port back in September, and that Madden 15 was going to be what we were all waiting on.

If we go back to MLB the Show 07 and compare it with 08, we will see that 07 was basically a PS2 port for PS3 and then 08 was a much closer version to what we all know and love today.

MLB 07

MLB 08

I'm expecting similar results with Madden 15. Remember that Kolbe of MLB the Show is in charge of Presentation for next gen Madden and if you guys think that this is his idea of presentation for a next gen console after seeing what he was able to do with MLB the Show, then I think you're only kidding yourselves.

I think we have yet to see what a next gen Madden is going to look like, based on not seeing what Kolbe has in mind for it alone.
And I distinctly remember another high profile developer with a proven track record of success moving over to make Live actually playable, and how long did he last? What was his comments about his experience at EA? Where is he at now? How much influence did his track record translate into his project at EA? Where has that product been for 4 years?

You do your homework trying to impress us, Im sure you know the answers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »