Home

In your honest opinion, did EA really spend 2 years developing Next Gen?

This is a discussion on In your honest opinion, did EA really spend 2 years developing Next Gen? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #41
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: In your honest opinion, did EA really spend 2 years developing Next Gen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I wasn't trying to talk down to anyone earlier, just giving my thoughts on the matter. I honestly think they spent the time between when Madden 25 current gen was launched and until about a month ago working on Madden 25 next gen outside of True Step and the O/D line interactions. To me about 3 months development time would be about right based on this final product. What I was told was even something similar, that they weren't really working on Madden 25 next gen until they finished Madden 25 current gen. I don't agree with that at all and they should have been more honest and upfront with their fanbase if they were just going to do a high res port. They should have shown us what they did and then said, this is what we are wanting Madden next gen to look like next year, now this year, we are just porting the game over so we can deliver a true next gen experience in Madden 15, but that is not what they did and I understand why people are upset. I was upset myself when I found out this was basically going to be a high res port back in September, and that Madden 15 was going to be what we were all waiting on.

If we go back to MLB the Show 07 and compare it with 08, we will see that 07 was basically a PS2 port for PS3 and then 08 was a much closer version to what we all know and love today.

MLB 07

MLB 08

I'm expecting similar results with Madden 15. Remember that Kolbe of MLB the Show is in charge of Presentation for next gen Madden and if you guys think that this is his idea of presentation for a next gen console after seeing what he was able to do with MLB the Show, then I think you're only kidding yourselves.

I think we have yet to see what a next gen Madden is going to look like, based on not seeing what Kolbe has in mind for it alone.
No, JP, respectfully, you don't understand why people are upset. The hype and marketing around NG started with the release of M13, and continued through e3. This game is not what they said at e3.

People are upset because the game is very poorly executed for anyone who wants it to resemble football and because EA has been lying and because they are sick of an annually weak game.

Your post does not speak to these issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #42
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm going to say they spent 2 years working on the E3 trailer because whatever that was was the bomb. What I'm seeing in the live streams doesn't even play like what was shown in the 07 trailer with McNabb. That gameplay, those animations do not represent what you see on Sundays.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #43
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

I honestly think they did spend two years on Madden..............

the box is really..........really nice!
Old 11-14-2013, 09:24 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 4

I got my PS4 and Madden 25 a day early. I've only played one game but in my opinion, the only difference I see is that the jaggies are gone. It looks like what current gen Madden would look on PC with anti-aliasing. I'm pretty bummed because I was expecting much better player animations. On the plus side, it isn't a barebones Madden like Madden 06 was.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #45
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfrank83
I got my PS4 and Madden 25 a day early. I've only played one game but in my opinion, the only difference I see is that the jaggies are gone. It looks like what current gen Madden would look on PC with anti-aliasing. I'm pretty bummed because I was expecting much better player animations. On the plus side, it isn't a barebones Madden like Madden 06 was.
Can you post a screenshot of RG3 zoomed in up close so we can compare it to the E3 trailer RG3?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 09:35 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
I think they did spend 2 years developing it, however I think what they devolved was madden 15...

This year they decide on a straight port because people that are not die hard sim gamers that purchase madden annually every year, are most likely the same people that will not pick up a new console until the first or second price drop. EA saved resources while still putting out a next gen launch title, and we will see the benefits of that next year.
this would be ok but that's not what we were told. I was looking forward to NG and wasn't expecting a completely new game. just madden 25 CG with the improvements advertised. as I said in the other thread im withholding final judgment until I play for myself but I see none of the improvements touted.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #47
Banned

billsmafia13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Can you post a screenshot of RG3 zoomed in up close so we can compare it to the E3 trailer RG3?
Yea him or AD would work.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:25 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 4

RGIII

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »