Home

Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen First Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen First Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2013, 09:03 PM   #65
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen First Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
It's been confirmed by one of the developers that "true step" is only programmed for two players, user controlled ball carrier and I think it was the immediate user controlled defender.

All I recall was that "true step" had something to do with the user controlled player. And something about the lineman not having it, or something. A certain percentage of OS user were also dissappointed to hear that "true step" was limited to two on the field players.

If true step was fully implemented, theoretically, sliding, suction blocking, suction tackling, QB crazy scrambling footwork, WR/DB, OL/DL (leverage, angles) would be completely eliminated.
So no source available about "true step?" Then I guess if this is true with true step then it is sort of a waste for people like Ryan Moody to point out that true step is not working on certain players, if EA stated it was limited to two players...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
So no source available about "true step?" Then I guess if this is true with true step then it is sort of a waste for people like Ryan Moody to point out that true step is not working on certain players, if EA stated it was limited to two players...
He never talked about true step. He talked about the running back warping to the opposite side to pick up the corner, along with the corner taking the wrong path to the qb which lead him to Chris Johnson. Whether there are fancy buzzwords or not is irrelevant, it's still bad player movement that we hoped would be gone. That was the point of the video.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #67
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
He never talked about true step. He talked about the running back warping to the opposite side to pick up the corner, along with the corner taking the wrong path to the qb which lead him to Chris Johnson. Whether there are fancy buzzwords or not is irrelevant, it's still bad player movement that we hoped would be gone. That was the point of the video.
And my position is the defender took the proper blitz lane, as best as the faulty animations would allow, in taking on the RB trying to block him, else the defender would have been laid out...

I didn't see the RB warp to the opposite side, but I did see him looking to his right and then run over to block the defender. Moody asked how the RB saw the blitz, well players see stuff in game, they are professionals...

And if True Step is only for the user controlled player and the ball carrier, then it is as it should be for now...Obviously suction blocking needs to go, and if using true step can change the way the game responds then great...

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 11-16-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #68
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
But the RB didn't warp. I really don't see much of an issue with the RB on that play.

QB animation, well that's another story, and while that QB release issue is far better than it has been in the past, it's still there.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
I wonder how Ryan Moody can get "6 plays into a game" and totally pick apart the AI showing how it acts just like current gen while everyone else compliments the AI.
Because "Mr.Ryan Moody" is a loooong time known Madden troll ever since NFL2k bit the dust..that is why. Maybe some of you guys do not know Mr.Moody very well (I do, look at my join date to the left under my nic) but he is one of the best madden trolls around..trust me!

Not saying people should'nt criticize madden..i have and will when i see lackluster improvements,etc but there is a big difference from those of us that are honest and unbiased trying to help give input to improve the game vs those that are just out to make madden look as bad as possible because of personal bitterness...A stealth troll, Ryan Moody is! There was a legitimate reason why he was banned from OS Forums many moons ago.. Not sure if he made a new account here to troll some more but i could careless. I just wanted to warn some of you greener fellow OSers that he was once and still is from what i can see ..a notorious madden troll but he has crafted his expertise to a more elegant type of troller that make it seem he is legit, which he is not. Take what Moody says as a grain of salt.

That said...Madden on next gen IS INDEED A BETTER PLAYING GAME OF FOOTBALL. Is it "THAT" great NFL football game we all have been longing for? Far from it..but it is still better than any current gen madden imho and has made some decent improvements. I personally did not have to pay for Madden on PS4. I bought it at Target with their Buy 2 PS4 Games, Get 1 Free...so i bought Killzone, NBA2k14 and picked Madden as my free game of choice. I feel its a fun game of football thus far. The AI logic is noticeably smarter and the running game is a blast now with true step...it still needs a lot of work but it is FINALLY a decent game of football to play. Honestly!

PS: This is coming from a long time NFL2k fan...while i still wish that game was still being developed..i have moved on and accepted the fact it is no more. I really did not enjoy previous maddens much but this new Madden on next gen consoles is a much more solid game...again i am not 100% satisified but i will be honest..it is an improvement for sure. Is it worth 60 dollars? Hard to say but it is worth owning if you want a decent game of football that looks a lot better than current gen...to me that makes it worth owning because its a smarter playing game and looks noticeably better than the washed out dated current gen madden...Oh yeah the lighting is remarkable imho and the graphics are super clean compared to current gen. It's a decent game..it is what it is...lets hope Tiburon will make Madden 26 even better..they now have a very solid foundation for a great game.

Last edited by Moegames; 11-16-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #70
Banned

He's on the opposite side, not looking at first then manages to magically slide over. It's not crazy that he made that decision, it's just silly looking that he covered enough ground that fast to be in perfect position to make the block. Had he lunged at him or dove even to attempt to slow him down or knock him off balance it would have been much more realistic.

That is not realistic player movement that many of us would like to see on these consoles. That's not to say it won't ever happen, I'm just saying it has yet to happen. These are the types of things that hold madden back.

Some people have different expectations of what is realistic and what isn't I guess. It is what it is.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #71
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
He's on the opposite side, not looking at first then manages to magically slide over. It's not crazy that he made that decision, it's just silly looking that he covered enough ground that fast to be in perfect position to make the block. Had he lunged at him or dove even to attempt to slow him down or knock him off balance it would have been much more realistic.

That is not realistic player movement that many of us would like to see on these consoles. That's not to say it won't ever happen, I'm just saying it has yet to happen. These are the types of things that hold madden back.

Some people have different expectations of what is realistic and what isn't I guess. It is what it is.
Ahh the condescending some people don't know what's realistic and have set the bar lower stuff.

Still looking for the "warping" in that vid. We see plays like that from a protection standpoint every week IRL. Are the animations awkward, a little bit. Is it warping? No at all. But it certainly is what it is, and it's the norm around here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Ahh the condescending some people don't know what's realistic and have set the bar lower stuff.

Still looking for the "warping" in that vid. We see plays like that from a protection standpoint every week IRL. Are the animations awkward, a little bit. Is it warping? No at all. But it certainly is what it is, and it's the norm around here.
You know everyone is really tired of your attitude here. No where in that thread did I add anything condescending. I simply stated that people have different ideas on it and you assumed what I meant. You do this in every thread and quite honestly, a lot of folks grow really tired of your bit. You did the same thing earlier with the "agenda" accusations. It's the people like you that turn things toxic here when they don't need to be. This was a fine discussion until you contaminated the thread, and just so you know, A LOT of guys have this opinion of you. If you have nothing nice or respectful to say, which you rarely do, then simply ignore. I don't agree with your assessment, but I don't have an issue with you expressing your opinion. Yet you immediately attack because clearly I don't share your definition of what's considered realistic. This is a discussion board that is meant to have discussion and opinions. There is no need for attitude like yours and assumptions that simply aren't true.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »