Home

Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen First Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen First Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen First Impressions

So if you're playing as a human quarterback, the accuracy ratings seem not to matter at all in this game:

Spoiler

I was playing as Denard Robinson, and he has 60-something accuracy for all throwing categories. I misthrew maybe one deep ball that went long and out of bounds. Everything else was on the money.

That was on default all-pro difficulty.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #50
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Back to impressions, gentlemen and ladies.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 11-16-2013, 06:12 PM   #51
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
So if you're playing as a human quarterback, the accuracy ratings seem not to matter at all in this game:

Spoiler

I was playing as Denard Robinson, and he has 60-something accuracy for all throwing categories. I misthrew maybe one deep ball that went out of bounds. Everything else was on the money.

How was the ball distributed? Lots of downfield throws?

On default the accuracy seems to be more subtle. Like not getting the ball in front of a reciever so he can continue in stride. Although maybe off there.

I think another problem is imo, the CPU defense plays way too much soft zone coverage. Again, only played 4 games so just throwing stuff out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #52
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

Spoiler

I was playing as Denard Robinson, and he has 60-something accuracy for all throwing categories. I misthrew maybe one deep ball that went long and out of bounds. Everything else was on the money.

Yeah, I know, Clint said they didn't touch the QB's this year. We need to have them play like they do on Sunday.

I had to lower QBA down to 15 or 20 on Madden 25 GC.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #53
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yeah, I know, Clint said they didn't touch the QB's this year. We need to have them play like they do on Sunday.

I had to lower QBA down to 15 or 20 on Madden 25 GC.
On GC I had it at 25 I think. Initially it was not noticable but I noticed as my CCM progressed my completion PCT went down from before I made the change.

In CG, I could feel a difference between the QB's but nothing tangible I could really point to, if that makes sense.

There definitely needs to be some work done in this aspect.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #54
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I don't really have a problem with the blitz pickup. That happens every game, irl, or at least it's a close facsimile of what happens in every game.

The QB animation, and I've seen those types a few times in the games I have played, is bad, and has been for some time.
The problem lies in the execution. It's about the angle of blitz pick up. Based on the distance between the blitzer and the blocker from the QB, the blocker should have only been able to semi alter the blitzers path trajectory slightly away from the QB.

The pickup was appropriate, but the execution would not have happened if "true step" was given to all 22 players on the field. I'm out and about so I'm not going to use my data package on rewatching the video at this moment. (I was at home about 5 hours ago watching moody's video thru wifi.)
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 11-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #55
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
The problem lies in the execution. It's about the angle of blitz pick up. Based on the distance between the blitzer and the blocker from the QB, the blocker should have only been able to semi alter the blitzers path trajectory slightly away from the QB.

The pickup was appropriate, but the execution would not have happened if "true step" was given to all 22 players on the field. I'm out and about so I'm not going to used my data package on rewatching the video at this moment. (I was at home about 5 hours ago watching moody's video thru wifi.)
I don't disagree with you. I think that's a fair assesment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 06:26 PM   #56
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Knowing the accuracy is greatly reduced, so far, makes me breathe a sigh of relief...Thank for the info.
I can vouch for this

I am streaming a game right now with my latest slider tweaks, I am making an all-madden based "challenge set" and I have the QB accuracy at default all madden 50, Tom Brady has thrown two picks this game under pressure and throwing off his back foot kinda similar to this clip of Locker, its not like years past where they could wrist flip a ball 50 yards on a rope

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »