Home

Madden NFL 15: Full Details of New Presentation, Graphics, Gameplay Mechanics

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Full Details of New Presentation, Graphics, Gameplay Mechanics within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2014, 07:28 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 19
sounds promising, but no mention of penalty fixes, especially DPI and OPI.
they mentioned 3d grass years ago, why keep mentioning this?

like the fact they fleshed out the qb accuracy ratings, to include short, medium and deep.
I wonder if theyve improved maximum passing feature or included controls like manual catch for receivers and cb's, in the controls settings.

halftime presentation improved, but it seems to be a direct port from NCAA 14. which isnt a bad thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2014, 07:33 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15: Full Details of New Presentation, Graphics, Gameplay Mechanics

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
Here comes the Gameplay Police, demanding unedited gameplay before the game is out.

We'll see unedited gameplay in August when they send early copies to the reviewers.

This is literally one of the dumbest things Ive ever read on here.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:36 PM   #43
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 15: Full Details of New Presentation, Graphics, Gameplay Mechanics

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
Here comes the Gameplay Police, demanding unedited gameplay before the game is out.

We'll see unedited gameplay in August when they send early copies to the reviewers.
We should see some unedited gameplay in a few days since it is playable at E3.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:48 PM   #44
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryank197
This is literally one of the dumbest things Ive ever read on here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
We should see some unedited gameplay in a few days since it is playable at E3.
Why, because you have to wait two months to see?

And game demos are always edited, so until the game comes out I wouldn't judge gameplay on them, for better or worse.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:54 PM   #45
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
Who in EA's PR department still thinks its a good idea to tout grass?

Don't get me wrong I want the grass to look as realistic as possible but when you brag about the improvement in the grass each year it means that you are actually spending time improving grass each year. Fans don't care about the grass, its one of the last things we want to see perfected, and the fact that pretty much each year EA says something about it only leads to less consumer confidence that they are taking the more important aspects of the game into account.

It's at a point of diminishing returns, you can work on the grass but stop talking about it, its not a feature, and yet it is worked on and talked about pretty much every year as if it is as crucial as CPU AI, or player animations.

From a PR perspective it is a terrible thing to talk about: it gives consumers the idea that you haven't done much so you are going to talk up something as peripheral as grass. You said it was the best grass ever last year, and now you're telling us its improved (yeah I get it now it will be 3D during the gameplay instead of just in replays, then why did you tout it as 3D last year?!).

This list is long, and a lot of it looks pretty awesome so don't talk about something you've been droning on for years about. Let us as the gamers remark how awesome the grass is, instead of playing it up each year. I do this as someone who wants this game to be the best it can be, and I want others to get excited about the game instead of being as pessimistic as they have been for years, and its hard to convince them that you are taking a positive step when you keep talking about something that so few care about, that for some reason is always listed as an improvement to the game (even if it has been improved, there is zero reason to talk about it unless it has been perfected).

And now I will shut up about grass!

The list is looking good can't wait to hear impressions from the OSers on the floor over the next few days, hoping this is finally the game we have been waiting for (because I'm gonna buy it anyway and I hope others see a reason to do the same).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2014, 08:10 PM   #46
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2

7 years later and STILL NO USER-DEFINED CAMERA...smh. "Guess what
Old 06-09-2014, 08:13 PM   #47
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

The $1,000,000 question: do online CFM guys even get to see the presentation!?!?!

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 06-09-2014, 08:28 PM   #48
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I saw they addressed some special teams issues and FINALLY fixed the wind meter and said that wind affects kicking. Questions I still have are whether or not you'll know you're taking the wind. I also wonder if things like max cover punt actually work correctly now or if punt coverage as a whole is still nonexistent. Have to wonder about CPU punting as well and whether they'll continue to just blindly boot the ball 20 yards out of the end zone while punting from the 40. And having CPU sliders for special teams would be nice as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »