Home

EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

This is a discussion on EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 03:26 PM   #177
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
2k could "Bring it" with NHL, or MLB, or any other sport. Yet they haven't, all their eggs are in one basket with their NBA game, their "Sports line" is one game.

Ummm, isn't that true of SCE San Diego (formerly 989 Studios) which has dropped out of basketball and hockey, but stuck with the one title they do best?

Anyway, this is terrible but expected news. Sports gaming is dying a slow death, IMO, and most of the blame can be pointed at this exclusive deal.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 06-14-2014, 03:44 PM   #178
Rookie

ThaPhenom21's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
I honestly think he was tired of hearing about 2K and got caught up in the moment.

How would you all feel if you put immense time, effort and energy into something only to have an audience of naysayers keep saying your work isn't good enough?
doesn't look like much "effort" has been put into the game for 6 years.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:27 PM   #179
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I would do everything in my power to make sure we had the superior product. My money would go into my product not into ensuring a license so the quality of my product suffers as well as my old and new costumers. I'd make my consumers forget the competition through quality, not licensing. If I did somehow eliminate competition through licensing, I damn sure wouldn't have people clamoring for competition back every chance they got because my product was subpar/mediocre.

Everybody doesn't think like that man.
And that is exactly why you don't own a business, man.

Guess what? Even though people are clamoring for competition to return, EA is STILL making more money than they ever did when they had that competition. Why would they care? Why would they want that competition back if they are making more money?

You can say you would do this or that all you want, even if you would if you were in that position...that would make you the worst businessman ever and you would be fired or tank your entire business because of the way you are thinking.

The only reason you are thinking the way you are right now is because that is what you want as a consumer. But you wouldn't want to do that as a businessman. Hence why I said what I said.

You can argue it till the cows come home but you're just dead wrong. Anyone in their right mind would have done exactly what EA did.

Oh and let us not forget that THE NFL WAS THE ONE WHO WAS SHOPPING THEIR EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS AROUND. EA didn't just say hey, let us buy the rights to get rid of the competition. The NFL MADE THIS HAPPEN!

So again I say, stop trying to villainize EA in a situation where they made the only logical choice presented to them. A choice everyone in the same position would have made. Hate them for making a terrible game, sure (I do). But learn a little bit about the situation before jumping to the conclusions that you all are jumping to
Old 06-14-2014, 05:35 PM   #180
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
And that is exactly why you don't own a business, man.

Guess what? Even though people are clamoring for competition to return, EA is STILL making more money than they ever did when they had that competition. Why would they care? Why would they want that competition back if they are making more money?

You can say you would do this or that all you want, even if you would if you were in that position...that would make you the worst businessman ever and you would be fired or tank your entire business because of the way you are thinking.

The only reason you are thinking the way you are right now is because that is what you want as a consumer. But you wouldn't want to do that as a businessman. Hence why I said what I said.

You can argue it till the cows come home but you're just dead wrong. Anyone in their right mind would have done exactly what EA did.

Oh and let us not forget that THE NFL WAS THE ONE WHO WAS SHOPPING THEIR EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS AROUND. EA didn't just say hey, let us buy the rights to get rid of the competition. The NFL MADE THIS HAPPEN!

So again I say, stop trying to villainize EA in a situation where they made the only logical choice presented to them. A choice everyone in the same position would have made. Hate them for making a terrible game, sure (I do). But learn a little bit about the situation before jumping to the conclusions that you all are jumping to
Lol. First off you don't know what I do outside of this site my man. Secondly you are entitled to your opinion, I'll leave it at that.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-14-2014, 06:10 PM   #181
Banned

OVR: 8
I concur with many others:

2K should just reuse the APF engine; upgrade the graphics; incorporate the 2K (FlyinFinn) editor, add something similar to the Backbreaker logo editor, add a stadium or 2, add a franchise mode... done for 1st year. That can't take too long or too much money. They seem to be so afraid of offending the NFL. How has the NFL treated 2KSports for 7 years?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=S3gpbbZzKUQ
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2014, 06:32 PM   #182
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Lol. First off you don't know what I do outside of this site my man. Secondly you are entitled to your opinion, I'll leave it at that.

We do not know what you do, but by your remarks it doesn't sound like you own a business that employs hundreds of employees or else you would understand where we are coming from.

On a side note, the NFLs #1 priority is a strong brand name. EAs #1 is the bottom line. Neither of these parties have gameplay as a top priority. Sure, we as consumers suffer, but once people accept the fact that we are not top priority then you give yourself the chance to actually enjoy anything you invest money in.

This journey that brought us to M15 started with the vision on M13. Stop comparing it to games of the past or other sports games. It's a waste of time. Do your research, play the game before you buy, and make a decision. Your life will be easier by not looking for faults.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 06-14-2014, 07:46 PM   #183
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
We do not know what you do, but by your remarks it doesn't sound like you own a business that employs hundreds of employees or else you would understand where we are coming from.

On a side note, the NFLs #1 priority is a strong brand name. EAs #1 is the bottom line. Neither of these parties have gameplay as a top priority. Sure, we as consumers suffer, but once people accept the fact that we are not top priority then you give yourself the chance to actually enjoy anything you invest money in.

This journey that brought us to M15 started with the vision on M13. Stop comparing it to games of the past or other sports games. It's a waste of time. Do your research, play the game before you buy, and make a decision. Your life will be easier by not looking for faults.
Spare us, friend. No one looks for faults just for looking for faults. When they are glaring issues that jump out and hit you in the face, it can't be helped. Also, he has every right to compare it to older games. This is the only NFL game, why would anyone want to go backwards. We can all easily say, based on your post history, that you have tunnel vision, and you have never even played anything other than Madden. If the shoe was on the other foot, you'd be the first person going nuts in all of these threads (assuming they were 2k or Sony threads), about how you hate the game because it doesn't give you what Madden did (in your opinion).

Stop trying to make everyone else feel the way about madden that you do. If you love Madden and find it to be the best thing ever, then what do you care what Sage or anyone else thinks here? I know I wouldn't, and I probably wouldn't even have the need to be on a discussion board discussing it. I'm too busy playing it.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:47 PM   #184
Rookie

darknmild's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
I completely agree with this. People have been holding out hope for a 2K games since APF 2K8, unfortunately it's not happening. It's time to let it go. Buy Madden or don't...those are the option for the foreseeable future for video football games.
I agree 100%. Let it go. I was not a NBA2K fan. But when NBA Live crumbled I wanted a basketball game so I bought 2k. Never went to their forums and blasted them for buying Michael Jordan's likeness exclusively. Took for what it was. Hopefully Live 15 is good so I can go back to playing Live.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »