Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2014, 12:08 AM   #49
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
And yet HE stated HIMSELF that 12 was the first year of the three year plan! HE SAID IT! Why can't you accept that?
No

Some of the work on Madden NFL 13 started before development of Madden 12, and yet that content didn't appear in that game. Was Madden NFL 12 hamstrung?

I don't know. I came in late in the year last year. We formed a new leadership team and a new business unit, and spent last February, March, April, and May forming a new long-term strategy and where we need to go and what technology we need to build. At that time, we really didn't want to disturb the teams in development and blow things up. They were at the end of the cycle at that point and taking the game to the finish.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:16 AM   #50
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
No

Some of the work on Madden NFL 13 started before development of Madden 12, and yet that content didn't appear in that game. Was Madden NFL 12 hamstrung?

I don't know. I came in late in the year last year. We formed a new leadership team and a new business unit, and spent last February, March, April, and May forming a new long-term strategy and where we need to go and what technology we need to build. At that time, we really didn't want to disturb the teams in development and blow things up. They were at the end of the cycle at that point and taking the game to the finish.
Hold up, wait a minute, so according to this, M13 was Cams first full year, so if I can count that still would make M15 the 3rd game under him. M13, M25 and M15, so what am I missing?
Old 06-29-2014, 12:19 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Hold up, wait a minute, so according to this, M13 was Cams first full year, so if I can count that still would make M15 the 3rd game under him. M13, M25 and M15, so what am I missing?
Blind faith
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2014, 12:39 AM   #52
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Exactly why this 3 year plan talk is bull****.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-29-2014, 12:47 AM   #53
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I don't really consider the 3 year plans of the past legit. Where was the follow through, what did they build off of? Every year back then Madden felt different and never seemed to go anywhere. Regardless of how you look at it, only now are we seeing the game progress and build off of each title. 13 was the first year Cam was around, but I believe his plan was something that was only possible on next gen consoles. So for 25 to be the first year they started to implement his plan, makes perfect sense. 15 clearly is building off of 25 and 16 will build off of 15. 25 built off of 13, but that doesn't mean they implemented the things that were part of cam's plan then. Going back to Cam's first interview after he was hired, he talked about improving pre and post play animations, 15 is the first time we're really seeing that happen, he also talked about O/D line interactions, 25 was the first year for that. WR/DB interactions are also part of his plan, as are improved player movement animations.
Then why should we believe this plan/team is any different!? Going by what you said, if M25 was the first year of the plan, how do we know they're sticking with it? This plan/team has a one year track record, how can you call it legit!?

If all you need is one decent year why aren't you calling M10 and M12's plans legit? They where higher points of the past decade (especially M10 IMO).
Old 06-29-2014, 12:48 AM   #54
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Exactly why this 3 year plan talk is bull****.
I always think of that quote "the best laid plans of mice and men" whenever this 3 year plan stuff is mentioned about Madden. What's even more telling about how much of a different animal Madden apparently is than other sports games, I think EA's NHL and FIFA had similar plans but they actually worked out, if I'm not mistaken.

Also to be clear, I don't mean this as a slight towards Mr Weber or any of the team working on Madden because I would rather have these guys working on the game then people who clearly couldn't care less. Just pointing out that apparently 3 year plans aren't enough time to complete any team's vision for Madden, for whatever reason.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:09 AM   #55
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
What's even more telling about how much of a different animal Madden apparently is than other sports games, I think EA's NHL and FIFA had similar plans but they actually worked out, if I'm not mistaken.
Those games also aren't developed by Tiburon, lol. Them dudes stink and have always stunk. They got exposed by NFL Gameday on PS1, and later exposed continuously by VC. The only reason Madden on PS2 was any good was because it was built on a solid base. They saw what 2k did on the dreamcast. They had to make a splash with PS2 since their bosses shunned the dreamcast. They knew they had to impress. Once 2k started to focus more on realism and authenticity they knew it was a wrap so they zeroed in on that license.

We've seen how bad these dudes are, and how bad their bosses don't care about making them any better at making this game. Madden is a lock now. They will keep chugging along making their bread and we're all along for the ride.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2014, 01:26 AM   #56
Banned

Ovie832's Arena

OVR: 0

What do people get out of defending madden? Out of defending absolute mediocrity?

EA and Tiburon have no excuse for this pathetic effort at a 'SIM' football game. It isn't sim.. and never will be. I'm sick of the sugar coating. It is is an arcade game targeted at casual football fans.

The engine is broken and severely outdated. Same animations.. same jerky movement. Even the overall 'aura' of the game has felt the same for years. We are two years into a new generation and it looks the same. And yeah yeah.. Graphics look good. but even they don't scream NEXT GEN.

look at all the animations.. just horrible. scripted and cheesy.
They are pushing the presentation really hard... but every video i watch.. same intro.. same player movements pre game.. no variety. They just don't get it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »