Home

Why Is Madden Still Not Available On PC At This Point?

This is a discussion on Why Is Madden Still Not Available On PC At This Point? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 04:16 PM   #57
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Why Is Madden Still Not Available On PC At This Point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I've expressed this same sentiment ITT but I have to ask myself why don't they care about that with FIFA? Are there currently a lot of FIFA mods out there or is that game so solid they aren't worried about that?

I just wish the NFL brand had never got wrapped in the Scooby Doo mysteries of EA business practices, lol. It is what it is though.
Not that I know a lot about soccer but FIFA seems to be light years ahead of Madden. FIFA has better and more in depth features and game modes. Graphic wise Madden just caught up with player models, but animations in FIFA are so much better. So FIFA is definitely much more solid than Madden but I don't know how much modders do gameplay wise. I've used lots of mods on PC games and they are usually just graphical. The graphics on every PC game get improved and optimized with mods. On Skyrim they change the UI and menus. Can't think of any that change gameplay.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:28 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Not that I know a lot about soccer but FIFA seems to be light years ahead of Madden. FIFA has better and more in depth features and game modes. Graphic wise Madden just caught up with player models, but animations in FIFA are so much better. So FIFA is definitely much more solid than Madden but I don't know how much modders do gameplay wise. I've used lots of mods on PC games and they are usually just graphical. The graphics on every PC game get improved and optimized with mods. On Skyrim they change the UI and menus. Can't think of any that change gameplay.
Lots of mods for the PC version of Bethesda games. I have a ton of mods that change Skyrim gameplay, oblivion, fallout, fallout new vegas. Mods for PC games go far beyond graphics, UI and menus. The nexus site has thousands of mods. Can I mention another site like nexus with the OS TOS? If not OS mods, feel free to delete.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:30 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
If you buy a game that can be modded on the PC would you ever need to buy the game again?
The same reason people buy OOTP year after year when it's basically a baseball mod kit?

I mean, why buy OOTP15 when you can do it on OOPT14 as well? Yet, people buy OOTP15.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:35 PM   #60
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
If they are using DirectX, I think it's far more trivial than you are making it out to be. Using DirectX should almost make the video code a direct port, unless they are using some special/non standard DirectX library.
I don't doubt that. I just don't know the particulars of developing for XBOX One (I've not touched an XBOX One dev kit), which is why I hedged my bet some.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:36 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
EA doesn't want your $30, they want your $60. I really think people are over thinking this; EA used to make madden for PC so they know what to expect for revenue. Since they stopped the PC version that probably means it's not a worthwhile venture.
I guess it won't be if you treat it like second-class citizen.

Console versions kept getting better. PC was almost a cloned port year-over-year.

Yeah, I guess that wouldn't sell well.

If the PC version was constantly improving, the story might be different. People will say "no it won't" but it can't be proven either way.

Also, for the piracy thing - they could release on Steam or something. Or be like Blizzard and come up with their own system (SC2 isn't on Steam, but I doubt they are saying "who cares about pirates").
Old 06-30-2014, 04:40 PM   #62
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I guess it won't be if you treat it like second-class citizen.

Console versions kept getting better. PC was almost a cloned port year-over-year.

Yeah, I guess that wouldn't sell well.

If the PC version was constantly improving, the story might be different. People will say "no it won't" but it can't be proven either way.

Also, for the piracy thing - they could release on Steam or something. Or be like Blizzard and come up with their own system (SC2 isn't on Steam, but I doubt they are saying "who cares about pirates").
Agreed that Madden PC could have been much better if it was treated properly when it existed. It did have far better custom team support than any of the console games, though, so at least there's that.

I imagine a hypothetical Madden 15 PC SKU would most likely be an EA Origin exclusive (Origin is EA's PC DRM / content distribution platform / Steam clone). Which stinks because I've heard nothing but bad about Origin, but I'd still abandon consoles readily for a PC Madden; sports games are the only thing really tying me to consoles at this point.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:54 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
sports games are the only thing really tying me to consoles at this point.

Me too. If I can get a game on the PC I do. So many games have such great mods on the PC.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:55 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I didn't read it all................Just wanted to say

EA BRING ALL YOUR SPORTS GAMES TO PC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »