Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 12:43 PM   #97
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
So here's what someone who couldn't stand M25 has to say about 15 after playing it.

http://traditionsportsonline.com/thr...-means.111074/
I don't trust the gamechanger drones man. It's a nice read but I take everything they say with a grain of salt. The guys that I really thought could make a difference don't go out to Tiburon anymore.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-04-2014, 12:44 PM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
That was user controlled not AI, Smitty talked about this last night on the show how he purposefully threw the ball up to see how Sherman would respond and the guy he was playing screwed up the play.
Oh that's what I thought it was a manual mess up. JP are you a madden game changer? If so how do you be come one?
Old 07-04-2014, 01:04 PM   #99
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I don't trust the gamechanger drones man. It's a nice read but I take everything they say with a grain of salt. The guys that I really thought could make a difference don't go out to Tiburon anymore.
Drones? Lol you guys are so skeptical it's amusing. They're just people, both Smitty & Sim want 2k football to come back, but the sim standard is not about the company it's about supporting the company trying to make a football game that reflects real football. Regardless of what you guys think you know, Madden is trying to become just that. Rex & Cam want sim football really bad but it's a process enjoy the journey or wait til the promised land, it's coming either way.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:05 PM   #100
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
I didnt say anything about reach tackles or consecutive hit tackles (though they happen very rare) show me a video clip of a receiver falling to the ground after a catch, a body catch, or a forward dive catch for a low ball?
Quote:
I've seen dive & body catches, I've also seen pileups, consecutive hit tackles, theres a reach tackle at 10:26 in Shopmaster's video by Justin Smith, dbs run sideways with WRs and open inside or outside depending on play, and I've seen two DBs dive for a tipped ball in a realistic fashion. Some of you are trained to look for the negative, I bet most of you haven't even seen some of the things I just mentioned and this is just the alpha build.

Here's the link for the video with the teach tackle, 10:26
http://youtu.be/9D2GK_z3Az0
Maybe this got missed but I would like for anyone to show any body catches as well because I don't see how they can repeatedly claim to add x amount of new catch animations, yet we continue to see the same ones. Like that poster stated and many others have been saying for almost a decade, where are the catch variety animations like various body catches, various catches going to the ground besides diving and my biggest catch peeve that I took to EAGCs last year, vertical jump catches where the player loses their balances when coming down? Those seem to clearly not be in the game, period and it makes no sense.

We all remember the year they touted like 300 or so catch animations and however many this year, now saying that many didn't trigger because passes weren't inaccurate. That is the kind of stuff I'm referring to when Tiburon says ish that just doesn't make common sense, yet some expect everyone to cherry pick only the positive stuff to listen to/discuss. They tout new catch animations as a key marketing feature/addition but then claim later that feature/addition was pretty much useless/broken because some other element of the game was useless/broken. So we're supposed to believe they didn't know or realize that pass inaccuracy was an issue until the new catch animations they added didn't trigger, man GTFOH, lol. It's no different than adding the Infinity Engine to augment physics into the existing animations, knowing full well the existing animations were bad.

My main point is, we should give credit where credit is due to this "new team", which includes the good AND the bad.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:19 PM   #101
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Drones? Lol you guys are so skeptical it's amusing. They're just people, both Smitty & Sim want 2k football to come back, but the sim standard is not about the company it's about supporting the company trying to make a football game that reflects real football. Regardless of what you guys think you know, Madden is trying to become just that. Rex & Cam want sim football really bad but it's a process enjoy the journey or wait til the promised land, it's coming either way.
Let's imagine for a minute that you were an EAGC and posted the same stuff you post now, with some point of reference, having been down to Tiburon. That wouldn't change boo about the game that's in front of us but it would shape your POV on what the future potentially holds.

So the issue with EAGCs is that they are privy to potential upgrades that the general public is not, so they naturally have a more optimistic outlook on Madden, that goes beyond the game the rest of us see, right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2014, 01:26 PM   #102
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

Quote:
Again, when ex-game changers publicly say that their program is to do nothing more than to hype the game pre-release and provide damage control post-release, then peoples' skepticism becomes well-warranted distrust.

As far as I can tell, OS members are watching all of these Madden 15 videos and analyzing what they see first hand, then creating their own evaluations. On the other hand, and with all due respect, you seem to keep referring to what other people have to say about the game in order to influence the consensus on this board. Even though my opinion is unimportant, I like a lot of the stuff that you personally post because it contains well thought out perspectives that maybe a lot of us don't see when watching these videos.

Going back to this video (as well as the others), I really like what I see in terms of presentation and other welcome ideas, but the seeming lack of variety in animations and player individuality makes me think that what we see in these videos is what we're going to get with every other matchup in the game, no matter if it's a preseason game or the AFC Championship.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:27 PM   #103
Banned

Quote:
I'm willing to bet you that more people will be impressed than disappointed once they play the game.
That can be said of any game that sells millions of copies annually.

Quote:
I even think you will be to a degree.
There will always be things in the game that impress me to some degree. The reason why I can't go nuts over this game is because too many things that were a problem in 2005 are still a problem in 2014. EA decided to gain 100% of the market, so they should have the absolute best football game ever made coming out of their studios. That's not happening, hasn't happened even once in the past decade, and it certainly doesn't appear to be the case with 15. That's inexcusable now. They've had forever and a day to get there on this never-ending "going in the right direction" mantra I hear a lot from people (mostly Gamechangers).

So you'll have to forgive me if I can't be head over heels about this game given everything that's been going on with it for so long and still going on now.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:28 PM   #104
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
I understand that but y'all are only looking at that and are missing what's actually improved and what they're doing. Once you guys play the game I think you will see what I'm trying to explain about the improvement and like I said they added tons of new defensive and catch animations. We've seen like 2 quarters of gameplay, there's a lot more we haven't seen obviously, I know there's good and bad but I'm just saying the footage we've seen has been very limited and even the same two teams. We need to see how a subpar secondary looks, a pocket passer vs mobile, only seen two mobile QBs, need to see how an elite WR plays and the catch animations he uses. Need to see how a big run stuffing DT plays compared to the Smiths or Seattle's fast D.
Quote:
I'm willing to bet you that more people will be impressed than disappointed once they play the game. I even think you will be to a degree.
Quote:
A joke huh? Wait till you play that man & zone coverage.
It's a double edge sword. The community wants fresh information, but if the presented doesn't meet expectations, torches and pitch forks are ready to come out.

It just kind of hit me now ... ... Broken promises leaves a bad taste ... Team Madden should probably keep quiet on 3 year plans until they have actually completed year 3 of the feature, and are fully working at 100%. Don't mention anything about true step, living worlds, more catch animation, passing inaccuracies, halftime shows, better run blocking schemes, better coverage, better awareness, organic multiple meaningful consecutive hit tackles, working penalties, a working challenge system, variable dynamic presentation, proper replay angles, etc. etc. etc.

Let the game speak for itself.

If a product is great, it'll speak for itself. Don't need to hold the gamers' hand and tell him or her what's great about it. Let the game speak for itself.

Pushing an idea still straddled in phase 1 or 2 will only stir up negative connotations. Telling us that X is in the game but is poorly implemented because it's still in infancy and "we're still working on it" leaves a very bad taste. Blow the gamer away when true step actually affects all 22 players. Blow the gamer away when a real legitimate immersive pre halftime and post game show is complete and follows a real broadcast. Blow us away when WR/DB interactions are golden. Blow us away when signature animation are captured properly. Blow us away when there are multiple styles at various positions. Blow us away when animations are fluid, organic and realistic.

Let the game speak for itself. Let the game blow us away when everything represents football and represents everything we see on network TV, NOT EA Madden football, NOT EA Madden TV. Just football and all it's glory.

The gamer shouldn't have to pick up a controller and "feel" the difference. It should be visually apparent immediately. Do we question if football is football when watching the NCAA and NFL football on our HDTV every week?

Here's a short 30 second NFL football clip. Do we need to see the entire game to know that it's football? Entire game footage should not make a difference. Side note: That replay angle is terrible by the way.

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 07-04-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »