Home

Idigital Times Madden 15 Hands On EA Summer Showcase(near final build)

This is a discussion on Idigital Times Madden 15 Hands On EA Summer Showcase(near final build) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2014, 11:15 AM   #25
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Idigital Times Madden 15 Hands On EA Summer Showcase(near final build)

I got nothing out of this preview.

Sent using a telephone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2014, 11:21 AM   #26
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's easy to fix too many INT's, just lower the INT slider.........

Oh wait..................., is it lower it or higher it? lol
That's exactly what I was about to say

That was the thing that killed Madden 25 NG for me. My QB could go 20-26 and 4 of those would be picks. The slider didn't seem to matter at all. I'm not sure if it was reversed or not because frankly I didn't keep the game long enough to test it.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-14-2014, 12:25 PM   #27
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Didn't get much out of that article I will just have to wait until I get my hands on the game to see if it plays better.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:02 PM   #28
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

the whole lower the slider thing only works if u playing a cfm or a play now game.... if ppl who only played online ranked or unranked there stuck with it being at default 50.

in my cfm that I was playing my qb for whole yr threw 9 int's.... I have the cmp int slider set at 19.... human is set at 10.

I just recently played a online unranked match my qb threw threw 4 int's in like a quarter and half of play.

so to me it seemed when set higher the more the qb made mistakes.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:42 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

It's easy to fix too many INT's, just lower the INT slider.........

Oh wait..................., is it lower it or higher it? lol

This was very frustrating for me. I lowered it to 0 and still threw a ton of interceptions. It ruined the game for me. I am really concerned about what I read here.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:10 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
the whole lower the slider thing only works if u playing a cfm or a play now game.... if ppl who only played online ranked or unranked there stuck with it being at default 50.

in my cfm that I was playing my qb for whole yr threw 9 int's.... I have the cmp int slider set at 19.... human is set at 10.

I just recently played a online unranked match my qb threw threw 4 int's in like a quarter and half of play.

so to me it seemed when set higher the more the qb made mistakes.
this also plays into the whole issue with the sliders. If you change the sliders offline, they have a pretty drastic effect. If you change them in an ONLINE CFM, they don't do much. Our league played all last season with the QB accuracy below 10. It didn't do much at all. All anyone did was boost throw power for every QB, and you had guys like Tyrod Taylor throwing for 4500 yards and 70% completion percentage. This with the pass coverage slider at 75. Despite what anyone else tries to tell me, you will never convince me that the sliders and the basic function of the game are not broken. They are clearly broken, because the sliders don't work the way they should along with the fact that they work differently in the different game modes.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:14 PM   #31
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

A little analysis & breakdown on the passing averages in the Pros over the past three years.

60% of attempted passes are completed.

25% of attempted passes are negated by QB Avoidance (spikes and throw aways), Hits while thrown (HWT) and Passes Defensed (deflections and jarring hits on target), as well as errant passes (missed targets and dead balls).

6% of attempted passes result in a sack

5% of attempted passes are resulted in a dropped ball by target thrown to

4% of attempted passes are resulted in interceptions

35 Passss are attempted per game on average per team.

Of those 35 Pass Attempts: 20 are completed and 15 are deemed incomplete on average.

Of those 15 incomplete balls (40%): 2.1 (14%) are the result of sacks, and 1.75 (11.6%) go into the Drop bucket while another 1.4 (9.3%) go into the INT Bucket.

In analysis: 35% (5.25) of the average starting QB's Incomplete Passes (15) are the sum of sacks, drops by targets, and interceptions by the defense.

That leaves you with another 65% of incomplete balls that are the result of QB Avoidance: spikes and throw aways; hit while throwing, pass deflections / dropped interceptions, and errant passes.

This 65% remaining is a total of 9.75 more incomplete balls that fall into the above four categories of QB avoidance, Hits while thrown, Passes defended, and errant throws .

Another statistic to consider that is not quantified and qualified officially is QB Pressures: The average QB is sacked within 2.7 - 2.8s with an average pocket threshold of 3s.

If we shrink this data to fit a typical Madden online game and use 20 pass attempts per game as our average user pass attempt / game, we will get the following data.

12/20 = Completions

1.2/20 = Sacks

1/20 = Drops (legitimate dopped catch; not a strip or big hit that jars the ball loose)

.8/20 = Interceptions

Since 40% of attempted passes in the NFL result in an incompletion: we can infer that the remaining five (5) balls should result in wildcard scenarios: errant throws, defended passes, QB avoidance, and hits while thrown.

Consider the small sample size when we shrink the NFL numbers to fit your average online game: 4 in MUT and 6 in H2H Ranked.

The other big difference outside of quarter length between the two fields of play is decision making: your typical Madden gamer does not make prototypical reads nor does he have prototypical pocket presence to make prototypical decisons under duress when the pocket collapses: how do we distinguish the elite from the weak in respect to pocket presence in Madden?.

The above unravels some tidbits that could go a longer way than simply ushering in an iteration of more errant passes: the battlefield also needs a trench that is conducive to protecting the flank of the QBs peripheral vision.

Offensive tackles attempt their six yard drops in an effort to "entreanch" their drop-stepping QB who needs protection on his wings so he can step into his throw comfortably. The gaurds also need to work to drop to 4yards and protect the interior while the Center identifies the Mike.

If the pocket is able to emulate the depth of an NFL pocket then we can start accounting for dynamic pocket presence that tunes linemen to make fundamental and appropriate targets and not blind, psychic pickups.

It is not errant throws that require more attention but the factors that govern those errant throws: pressure and coverage, composure and arm strength, even QB height in relationship to the situation.

Errant throws are part of the 25% bucket of incomplete passes (attempts that do not reach target or defender) which is the biggest bucket of the incomplete bunch albeit we can tell from game film that it is a small drop in that bucket and an even smaller drop in the pool of incomplete passes.

Madden will require a deep dive overhaul at some point in the WR/DB interactions and Line of Scrimmage interactions if it is to simulate these gradient fractions in the passing intervals of the game

Spoiler

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 07-14-2014 at 07:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2014, 07:58 PM   #32
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

The guy said in the article that the graphics were great specifically the "stadium structures". The stadiums do not look changed since madden 06. Pretty much identical outside of the grass and some scoreboards that have been upgraded in real life reflected in the game. They showed the titans stadium in the last trailer and besides the scoreboard, it's the same stadium graphically they have used since 06. What am I missing

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »