Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2014, 05:22 PM   #417
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Liked what I saw. Game looks great.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 08-01-2014, 06:28 PM   #418
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I'm trying to take the ignorance is bliss approach and lie to myself. You're right, though, the track record is less than stellar.

It's easier for me to pretend then it is to accept that in two years I will be hearing about why I need to wait two more years all over again.

U know, I actually watched this stream again on my tv instead of PC, and actually appreciated it much more. 'Most' of the gameplay was fine and did appear to be similar to previous gameplay footage we've seen. I still saw more things in this feed that I did NOT like that I didn't see in previous vids. The most notable of which was Smith throwing a perfect strike on the run across his body. That just kills the whole, 'we've got QB inaccuracy in the game now,' for me. That play needs to be a 10/10 times throw the ball in the dirt play for me. That being said, for whatever reason, the 1st time I watched this on PC, it just did not look good. But, on big screen tv, it shaped up better, so I don't know. I will be purchasing, regardless. Just hope there aren't a lot of throws across the body for completions. Lol.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:32 PM   #419
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
I am just saying that it -- Gerhart & Matthews' post-TD (non)reactions...and their teammates' -- is a poor excuse to not have emotions in those situations. Again, you're giving EA a 'pass' here with these excuses. In no way do those situations portray the NFL ...

I'll actually back jp on this a little. While there could have been some more emotion, I do believe it is actually in the game that gerhardt is more reserved, and thus triggered less of a response (or NO response in this case). But, the McCoy TD was a perfect celebration, so I can imagine we'll all disagree on when and how much any particular player should celebrate in madden 15. And, I'm sure I'll have a similar moment in a big game and madden won't celebrate the way I think it should, but I think the McCoy TD celebration alone shows improvement over 25, anyways.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:12 PM   #420
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
I am surprised no one from the Madden team has tried to put out the fire that this stream created. I know they are super busy right now, but you think someone would have been monitoring the reactions.

And for those that hope, year after year, that "this must have been an early build", we have been down that road way too many times before. If you really think that the inaccurate passes, bad coverage, numerous drops and myriad problems with the presentation will be fixed before the game goes gold and ships, you have not been paying attention to Tiburon's history.
I feel the same way...This scares me alot...To have such a great first stream and then have a stream like this with the total opposite negative response, you would think that damage control would be out quick as hell....its just confusing
Old 08-01-2014, 07:49 PM   #421
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynral
I feel the same way...This scares me alot...To have such a great first stream and then have a stream like this with the total opposite negative response, you would think that damage control would be out quick as hell....its just confusing
Yeah I don't get it either, just bad. They should probably never do a stream without Rex EVER!
After seeing this stream my fear is that the AI wont really use the new defensive features. And it only will be useful for the tourney guys and human vs human. For guys like me who don't play online could be a bad deal. When that dude was the jags and he ran it to the outside for 10 yards without no one even close scares me. I know it was right before half and normally you would be calling a pass, but it looked way to easy. The de was not protecting the edge like they showed in the 1st stream

Playing:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2014, 08:30 PM   #422
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Gerhart is reserved for sure. Yeah teammates would tap him on the helmet, but they do that at other points in the stream, it's not like they didn't do the things you're mentioning at all.
What a weird attempt to reframe the discussion point. The issue isn't that they don't do it "at all", it's that they didn't do it specifically in the context of their team scoring a touchdown.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:39 PM   #423
Rookie

So I just watched both streams back to back.....man, They were 2 totally different games...Im no damn fool...In the video with rex, the tackling was great, so-so gang tackles with a guy(s) flying in after. The reach out tackle on the screen play, and the DEs were aggressive as hell and this stream, nothing...also, I thought on all pro, the tackling cone was up, I didnt see that in this stream...the DE's were weak, no really aggressive tackling...This had(need) to have been a earlier build.......No sign of Rex confirming or saying anything about this stream.. whatz going on?....also, the highlights were short and didnt show the whole and thats the one thing I HATED in the previous madden....It just shows a lack/laziness of detail...Damn
Old 08-01-2014, 08:41 PM   #424
Rookie

ThisIsReality's Arena

OVR: 4

How late can one cancel a pre-order on Amazon, lol. I bit the bullet before the second stream and y'all are making me paranoid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »