Home

VSN speaking with Josh Looman on CFM, taking questions now

This is a discussion on VSN speaking with Josh Looman on CFM, taking questions now within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-03-2014, 10:33 AM   #49
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: VSN speaking with Josh Looman on CFM, taking questions now

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Almost nothing you posted here is correct. It is not an all new CFM team. CFM has replaced the traditional franchise mode, yes. I don't see anyone proclaiming it a failure. I see people with varying levels of expectations, many of which are based on past history of what tiburon has delivered with respect to madden.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk
Just because you disagree with him doesn't means he's wrong nor mean you're the only one that's right.

The team has been doing a better job especially in terms of gameplay. With Rex Dickson now in charge, I'm sure things will continue to improve.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:59 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
The guys doing CFM now weren't here 10 years ago. It is an all new team on all new consoles. They had no control over stuff that was taken out or eliminated but they are doing their best to get that stuff back.
I'm sorry but this is absolutely untrue. This is the team that worked on Madden 13 and they absolutely DID take out a bunch of features. So far, they are no different than the other teams. Time will tell if they have STOPPED taking features out, but they most certainly did take out features. Go back, look at 12 and compare to 13. A lot of stuff was taken out.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:04 AM   #51
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
The guys doing CFM now weren't here 10 years ago. It is an all new team on all new consoles. They had no control over stuff that was taken out or eliminated but they are doing their best to get that stuff back. I have seen more effort from Josh and the current CFM team than I see from most franchise mode dev teams. The Show's franchise hasn't changed since the game came out and has become very boring and stale, NHL's franchise has been broken for years now its virtually unplayable. I didn't say it was revolutionary in any way but it certainly isn't as bad as some people on here make it out to be. The lengths people will go through to downplay this game is stunning. We still have zero clue what they worked on this year in CFM and people are already proclaiming it to be a failure.
Quote:
Do you even know who was behind those great franchise modes from a decade ago? It was Josh Looman, he left after Madden 07 to work on NFL Head Coach. Which was around the time franchise mode started to feel stale and old. For Madden 12 he was named Senior Producer and EA opened an entire studio in Austin, Texas for him to work out of for CCM. Around the same time multiple employees who worked on Franchise mode left the company like AJ Dembroksi (who had some hilarious tweets about his "firing"). When they opened their new studio they hired many new designers. At this point though it is best for us to agree to disagree before this gets out of hand.
I'm not sure if you are even reading what you're posting but the second bold contradicts the first bold. If according to you Looman was dealing with Franchise mode until 2007, that means 10 years ago, around 2004, he was there and is not new. Further more not really sure where this notion that because he went to do Head Coach, he didn't come back to work on Madden Franchise until 2012 comes from either, here is a video for Madden 10 that shows otherwise. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIIJ-_8tr7w

So GiantBlue76 was spot on when stating "Almost nothing you posted here is correct".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2014, 11:04 AM   #52
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

OVR: 0

I'd like to know why Looman keeps ignoring CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise after a vocal group demanding it last year and this year. I'd love a real explanation on this.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:05 AM   #53
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Yeah, the lead designer of CFM, Josh Looman, has been involved with Madden / EA Tiburon in one form or another since 2002 per LinkedIn. While there likely are new people involved given that CFM was outsourced to an entirely separate studio from Tiburon which is fairly new, it's just as likely that many of the same faces are still around.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:18 PM   #54
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Yeah, the lead designer of CFM, Josh Looman, has been involved with Madden / EA Tiburon in one form or another since 2002 per LinkedIn. While there likely are new people involved given that CFM was outsourced to an entirely separate studio from Tiburon which is fairly new, it's just as likely that many of the same faces are still around.
I never said Josh left the company but when they opened their new studio in Austin, several employees like AJ left the company. They also hired 300 new employees for that studio. Like I said it's not the same team there are a lot of new faces working on the game. This is where I will end this though as I don't want to start anything or risk getting banned for trolling. I appreciate everyone's input and respect everyone's opinion on the matter.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:37 PM   #55
Banned

DSThom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I'm not sure if you are even reading what you're posting but the second bold contradicts the first bold. If according to you Looman was dealing with Franchise mode until 2007, that means 10 years ago, around 2004, he was there and is not new. Further more not really sure where this notion that because he went to do Head Coach, he didn't come back to work on Madden Franchise until 2012 comes from either, here is a video for Madden 10 that shows otherwise. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIIJ-_8tr7w

So GiantBlue76 was spot on when stating "Almost nothing you posted here is correct".
I thought you were banned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2014, 01:27 AM   #56
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

This was posted on the vsn forums by Mr Bill regarding the interview with josh

I believe that overall things are very positive about CFM for Madden 15. Some people will not be happy as everything the community wanted could not be addressed but most should be happy as the things deemed most critical have been addressed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »