Home

Ps4 color on madden15

This is a discussion on Ps4 color on madden15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2014, 06:07 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Ps4 color on madden15

Yeah you will need it Justin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2014, 06:24 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks now off to find a good deal on a new console.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:27 PM   #43
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1

I say about 95% of the posts in this thread are incorrect and speaking without knowing what they are talking about.

Videos games are video games and not reference movies.

I have my 60 inch Samsung Plasma F8500 professionally calibrated in the Cal Night and Cal Day modes which cost me about 450 to do.

Anybody that tells you that their tv is properly calibrated and games look great without changing anything is lying because games are suppose to have a more colorful pallet

Any game I put on Cal Day looks dark and muted because the reference settings for movies are not applicable to video games

Most people should be playing in Game Mode or PC Mode on their HDTV and professional calibration does not run into those settings due to having processing features turned off to help with input lag.

Madden 25 on the XB1 did not look as good as the PS4 because the XB1 post processing that upscales to 1080p has a gama crush issue that is being fixed in the coming updates just like it was fixed on 360

The PS4 does not suffer from this which is why you get excellent grayscale and shadow detail

In Madden 25 on XB1 the menus are hideous due to the gama curve issue. This makes the colors pop more because it over exposes the dynamic contrast which would not be a bad thing if the gama was fixed.

Regardless of what people say about calibration and what not...A video game jumps out at you when it is colorful because it is not a movie.

Madden 25 on XB1 also suffers from lack of AA which is why you see the jaggies that are not as prevalent on the PS4 version

The issue with the black crush happens mostly on sub 1080p games as some devs are using the xb1 post processor which has issues including gama curve issue. Other games are bypassing it like BF4 COD. NBA2K AC4 and Ryse and Forza. Those games have zero issue with gama curve crush

Devs are getting better and are bypassing the xb1 internal post processor which will eliminate the gama issue until xb1 fixes it

Also a firmware update a few months back did a solid job of improving the post processing on the xb1 to negate some of the jaggies that were horrible in sub 1080p games. You saw improvement but not perfect yet.. The gama curve issue was not fixed on that update

Best way to know if EA fixed the gama curve issue on Madden 15 for XB1 is to see the menus in the game...I have not seen a video yet of it

That is why I highly doubt the XB1 version of Madden is 1080p because if the game was 1080p they would not require the XB1 post processor which kicks in for sub 1080p games.

If Madden 15 on EA was true 1080p there would be no jaggies

Fifa 14 on XB1 and PS4 were identical except for the gama issue with the XB1 that EA did not bypass
Old 08-17-2014, 09:08 PM   #44
Banned

alichu's Arena

OVR: 0

Does all of this really matter?

I mean buy the game on the system that works best with your TV simple and plain.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:41 PM   #45
Rookie

The game was built on PC and ported to both. Since they both run on x86. And the crushed blacks on the Xbox version are not enough of a problem to make me switch to a third world online ecosystem like PSN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2014, 12:27 AM   #46
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

If manufacturers just did the right thing, there would be no need for these types of threads.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:08 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I can attest to his last part. I spend 6 months out of the year in Asia for work and some of the countries there (South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong) are light years ahead of the US in both TV and internet infrastructure. Also 4k TV's have been available in many of those countries for the past few years.
Don't want to de-rail the thread but speaking of infastructure, I watched that special on HBO about that Korean couple addicted to online gaming and neglected their child. Anyways, the first 10-15 minutes of the documentary talked about Korea's digital infrastructure... omg.. I cried out of jealousy. I see why they snicker at as when we get all hyped up and happy when new tech reaches us here in the US. But the documentary said the reason why it's the most robust in the world and most advanced is because they saw where everyone was headed decades ago and got on the ball figuring this out back when we were excited about getting dial up.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:32 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0WN N DIRTY
why does everyone bash on the xbox? It was proven superior over ps3 last gen.. There is nothing to prove that its not this gen is a we little difference in graphics.. And you guys saying its made for entertainment you know nothing.. I think mlg plays on xbox right ok... it is awesome while waiting on match in cod you can switch to twitch or tv or any other app while waiting on a game..ps4 is having a lot of over heating issues I know a lot that has went back.. also xbox has different color setting because a lot of people play on monitors..
I think you have different kinds of people that bash on the Xbox One. Some do it just because they don't own both systems and need to "feel good" about the choice they made. If it's XB1, they champion it. If it's PS4, they champion it. However I will say this. Playing various games extensively on both consoles I have come to my determination that usually (not always but more times than not) the PS4 seems a little better on third party titles. I only speak on 3rd party becuase games developed exclusively for only one platform will usually look better. For example, Last of US looks freaking amazing on PS4... but if Naughty Dog had published the game for both systems either the PS4 version would have looked considerably better OR they would have dummed it down so they could do easy porting across both systems.

When you have head dudes over at Microsoft working on the XB1 saying things like "frame rate" is not what's important bla bla bla in articles and interviews you cant help but scratch your head. I think one system was designed for games, the other was designed for entertainment (with a bunch of wiz bang features) but because of the time and hours they put into all the other "entertainment" features of the XB1 they are slightly behind in the frame rate and visual department. Basically Microsoft and Sony went down different paths this generation of systems. Sony looked at who their core audience was when it came to consoles and that was gamers and they stuck to that. Microsoft looked at how to expand their console to an demographic that might not exactly be "gamers first" so they basically built a 499.99 apple TV/Roku on steriods that happens to also play next gen games and this is where Microsoft's rolled the dice and its not panning out as expected... Stay with me here because I worked in advertising and marketing (yes I'm a Mad Man)...

Microsoft drank their own kool aide (as most brands do) rather than have outside independent planners and analytics people consult with them on target market and demographics. MS thought if they create this super all-in-one thing, and market it towards the more wider demographic it would pick up. The problem is the non-gamer 40+ crowd that Netflix just see the "Xbox" name and think "video game system".. then they see the price tag 499.99 and said "why would I drop 500.00 on this when I can drop 100.00 for Roku or Apple TV (or have a smart TV already) to watch Netflix? Especially in this budget conscious era of a shrinking middle class, these people for the most part just werent interested like MS thought they would be.

In a nutshell rather than put the core focus on games and things around gaming MS weakened the gaming power of the system (at least made it harder for devs to get the XB1 versions of some games running native 1080, and 60FPS when its doing that on the PS4). The second place where MS screwed the pooch was their launch campaign they ran on TV and print. All the commericials were about wiz bang features of the system rather than really making it about "gaming" like Sony did, and this is why The PS4 is outselling the XB1. One company stuck to the people that actually would drop 400.00 on one of these systems. The other company dilluted their thinking around this gen of systems and who they want to sell to.

Both systems are not even a full year old and I'm NOT a PS4 fanboy (got both systems), and I do think things will eventually level out more in the future, but right now out of the box, while under they hood both have similar hardwarde, devs are finding more success with getting more out of the games they make when deving on the PS4 vs the XB1, and as much as some XB1 only people want to be in denial about this.. google for article and interviews from 3rd party devs.. they are saying it themselves that right now at least, it's easier to tap into the power of the PS4 vs XB1... last gen it was kinda the other way around.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.

Last edited by blackceasar; 08-18-2014 at 11:36 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »