Home

EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

This is a discussion on EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 09:24 AM   #593
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I understand what you are saying, but there has been a gazillion videos shown within the past week and EA allowed that to happen last Friday at noon eastern time.

So, it didn't boil down to a confidence level in their game.
I respectfully disagree. We see videos every year that do not show issues that ultimately show up - a video wouldn't capture the Qb injury issue. The videos they release are about marketing and they also to an extent control the source.

My biggest doubt is they touted replayability in this years game. If they believed in that, then they would expect to retain sales despite offering unlimited access.

They have to be concerned about something because they've provided unlimited access in the past.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:26 AM   #594
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
That's because "The Internet" can't read.
The Internet can be a little selective at times.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:29 AM   #595
MVP

ricky24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Im pretty sure you thought the same, if this was known before hand I'm pretty sure the reactions and amount of people signing up would have changed. If you are just interested in playing madden that bad then cool, but otherwise its not really worth it for 6hrs thru 5 days.

No I'm pretty sure I didn't think it was the same because I read the fine print before I paid my yearly fee.

People seem to forget there is other value to ea access. When I signed up madden was an after thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 09:32 AM   #596
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
Well they only difference is the addition of "The vault" and an afforded monthly subscription.

The census seems to think it's Season Ticket plus more. The Internet is heated.
The Internet is never heated about anything, come on that's crazy talk!
Old 08-19-2014, 09:33 AM   #597

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
The Internet can be a little selective at times.
I know.

I even said this here, multiple times. Almost exactly 3 weeks ago. You know how long it took for someone (that's even in this thread defending this 'decision' [which it never really was]) to tell me I was wrong? Five. Five minutes.

Everyone got their hopes up for no reason. They did this to themselves, in all honesty. I know everyone wanted it early but that was never going to be part of EA Access.

Last edited by ubernoob; 08-19-2014 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:33 AM   #598
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
I respectfully disagree. We see videos every year that do not show issues that ultimately show up - a video wouldn't capture the Qb injury issue. The videos they release are about marketing and they also to an extent control the source.

My biggest doubt is they touted replayability in this years game. If they believed in that, then they would expect to retain sales despite offering unlimited access.

They have to be concerned about something because they've provided unlimited access in the past.
If 1 million people buy this within the first week, that's 2 million eyes looking for issues that pop up.

There is already a 1st day patch coming down the pike.

I highly doubt they are concerned about something leaking out or the game would be further delayed, ticking off more people, but, I've been wrong before.

I do agree it's a marketing ploy, no doubt.

Last edited by roadman; 08-19-2014 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:40 AM   #599
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
The Internet is never heated about anything, come on that's crazy talk!
Haha Its crazy because yesterday while on Twitter and sports feeds the census were heated, mainstream sites like IGN and Gamespot were all lollti-dottie. This morning some of the outrage has spilt over.

I wonder what's going through EAs minds right now. It may not change but it's definitely not being ignored. lol
Old 08-19-2014, 09:45 AM   #600
Rookie

ShavarHayes's Arena

OVR: 2

So am I the only one that feels like EA just may reverse this decision based on all the negative feedback? Sure, it'd be reactive, but they have the power to this for Madden. A LOT of people canceled their subscription after hearing this news. I'm not arguing the value of thedeal, it's actually a great deal...but I think it's safe to assume that a lot of gamers would've held out for a while had the Madden specifics been known from the jump. Madden is on its own island, and for many of us, this is the only game we get AS HYPED for, every year. Am I alone in thinking there may be a reversal? Is my fanboyism clouding my level of optimism?

I play sim because there's no other way to play. PERIOD
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »