Home

Digital or Disk?

This is a discussion on Digital or Disk? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2014, 04:56 AM   #81
Rookie

newjerseydamo's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Digital or Disk?

Disk. It tends the hold a decent value for trade in towards the following year, and considering it's not a big market here, the trade in value is worth it alone for next year's version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2014, 07:18 AM   #82
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

I usually wait to GS has it's trade in specials (like extra 10% per game traded in) and trade all my old sports games in, usually walk out with a free brand new game and a used one.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:07 AM   #83
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Wow, I don't believe there is much of a decision here. Getting the disc. Like others have said, until they give me a good reason to do digital (like a lower price), it is a lot smarter to have the physical copy for resale value. And if walking over and changing a disc is that big a problem, maybe it's time for a Zumba class.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:13 AM   #84
Rookie

slappymancuso's Arena

I am on the physical boat as well. I do like having a physical copy, and sports titles are the one genre I'll trade in when there's a decent offer and I'm ready to upgrade. The one title I did a PS4 digital preorder with, I had a lot of problems. I'm sure it will get better as they refine the process and get used to the level of demand they're seeing with more people choosing the digital path. Steam, however, has me spoiled.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:27 AM   #85
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
Wow, I don't believe there is much of a decision here. Getting the disc. Like others have said, until they give me a good reason to do digital (like a lower price), it is a lot smarter to have the physical copy for resale value. And if walking over and changing a disc is that big a problem, maybe it's time for a Zumba class.
If it weren't for the Best Buy thingy majiggy, I would go digital.

Especially since most sports games usually have measly value.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2014, 11:59 AM   #86
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Having a digital copy is nice when you are laying in bed with a Vita playing via remote play and want to change games. No need to go all the way down stairs and switch out disks.

I do see the merits of owning the disk. Historically speaking I never get "squat" for my sports titles unless there is a deal like Best Buy is having now. I traded in my Madden 25 Ps4 for the deal. Still going digital somehow. Maybe I'll pick up Madden at Best Buy and not open it and return for Hockey in a few weeks.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:03 PM   #87
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
People who trade in are the minority. Something like 60% of Gamestop's own customers didn't realize they buy/trade games..
I'd really like to see where you pulled that information from (I'm guessing it's where the sun don't shine) because gamestops business is completely dependent on the used game market.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:04 PM   #88
Banned

OVR: 4

That's what's going on, retailers that participate in these trade ins and physical copies are having OUTSTANDING promotions in order to keep physical copies alive to help their business, because the game companies themselves are pushing for digital futures. Game companies lose money on trade in games, retailers lose money on digital games. It's becoming a war.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »