Home

Digital or Disk?

This is a discussion on Digital or Disk? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2014, 11:23 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Digital or Disk?

Still not sure yet, I always like to have a copy in hand.
Dont really care about trade Ins, I almost never trade in my games
But the pre download on ps4 is pretty nice and handy to and will probebly give me access to the game earlier.
Pre download is a really good selling point for going digital, without out it buying digital is not that interesting, you already bought the game but still have to wait for it to download which sometimes takes forever.
Most of the time buying a copy in store makes you download as soon as you start up the game.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:26 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mttwlsn16
Yup I have that card too. All new games cost me $47.99. Cost me $60 and my 20% off deal is good thru March 2016 (2 years from date of purchase) normal price is $120, still worth it, but I caught it on sale
he caught it on sale too. Got it at 30 bucks or so for two years. ridiculous
Old 08-19-2014, 11:30 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 1

I've got NCAA 10-15 and Madden 10-13 sitting on my shelf, so I already know my own propensity toward trading in games. I did do the best buy deal (I got 25 as a Christmas gift so it was physical) but the issue for me is I keep playing the last years game up until the release of the new one. If I got bored of it in 5 months I could probably get good value for it but I just don't, and usually trade in values sink right around the time I'd be trading it in.

So all else being equal the convenience of digital is the tiebreaker for me, although like I said, if $25 for last years version becomes a common deal that would make going physical worth it to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 11:36 AM   #36
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
It's crazy the different opinions. The ease of not having to put a disk in vs the advantage of trading in a game 5 months later and get half back is a no brainer for me.

I guess those who don't trade in games, it's pointless.
As someone who doesn't trade in often, are you really getting roughly 30 bucks five months later? I feel like I've traded in stuff from time to time (single-player style games) where I trade in like 2 weeks later and barely get that much.

If trade-in deals have improved, that's cool.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:43 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
As someone who doesn't trade in often, are you really getting roughly 30 bucks five months later? I feel like I've traded in stuff from time to time (single-player style games) where I trade in like 2 weeks later and barely get that much.

Got like $80 for COD Ghosts and Assassin's Creed a couple weeks ago. Was very surprised at that number, but I think it's only because there are no other ACs or CODs out for PS4 and XB1 right now.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:45 AM   #38
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrazorback
Got like $80 for COD Ghosts and Assassin's Creed a couple weeks ago. Was very surprised at that number, but I think it's only because there are no other ACs or CODs out for PS4 and XB1 right now.
Yeah that seems like a real good number. I mean if you can get back at least half, it's certainly valid for the trade-ins to me (assuming it's months later). Again, I just don't like the process, which holds me back.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:51 AM   #39
Banned

TheSaints7's Arena

OVR: 0

I always prefer a physical copy of the game rather than digital:

1) Have to wait for it to download

2) If you are using the XBOX One, then it takes hours like you say to just install it

3) I have always assumed that the digital version may have more glitches or bugs due to some of the data being corrupt if an error occurs during the download

4) Obviously you can trade the game in for money near when the next one releases

That's just IMO. I would rather have the game in hand than a digital one.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:00 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB

At Best Buy the trade ins have been pretty solid. I am sure it varies game to game, but I traded in The Show and with my GCU 10% extra I got $35 for it.

So I had it for 4 months, paid $52, traded it in for $35, spent $17 on it for 4 months of play.

Traded in The Last of Us as well, I only spent about $42 with GCU unlock and got $33 back. So for the month or whatever I had it, I spent $10.

Pretty good deal.

Last edited by Brandwin; 08-19-2014 at 12:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »