Home

This has me worried... any mention of fixing this?

This is a discussion on This has me worried... any mention of fixing this? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2014, 06:45 AM   #9
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: This has me worried... any mention of fixing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncmastr
So I was checking this out for myself and it looks like OP might be right. I was able to get many important attributes up to 99 very easily.

This is a small sample of what you can do after simming 1 year with your XP. If I controlled where the XP went I would have players with 99 speed, strength, etc.
Aren't you still just putting all XP on one attribute a year.
You went too fast and I'm tired.. lol

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 08-24-2014 at 07:01 AM.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:12 AM   #10
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
not only that, but he was also taking away attributes and putting them elsewhere.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:36 PM   #11
Rookie

hofields's Arena

OVR: 5

I think this will be far better than last year as when you are actually using game prep you have to decide which players to focus on. If some one invests all thier time in a db to increase man coverage xp at some point they are neglecting xp and confidence for the rest of the team so you may have Sherman at the expense of every other young players development.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!

GT=HFIELDS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 03:19 PM   #12
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: This has me worried... any mention of fixing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofields
I think this will be far better than last year as when you are actually using game prep you have to decide which players to focus on. If some one invests all thier time in a db to increase man coverage xp at some point they are neglecting xp and confidence for the rest of the team so you may have Sherman at the expense of every other young players development.

Exactly, I see this better and more difficult than the previous iteration of upgrading players. It seems there is a bit more micro-managing your individual players and their progression throughout their careers this go round. Especially taking into account their age and how long they will play for you. What's most important to upgrade to make him a well-rounded and a worthy starter for that time that he'll be on your team? I look forward to that, if it is more difficult to decide where to allocate points.

Last edited by Shon 23; 08-24-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:46 PM   #13
Banned

Few things....

1) I think many of you are ignoring the fact that alot of ratings mean absolutely nothing. It would be more understandable if there were alot of ratings that were very key to making a great all around player, but there are 3 or 4 ratings for every player that can make them amazing in the game...even if their overalls look pretty average in general.

2) IMO, any elite ratings in any category should be bumped up in price, and if they already are (not sure how its working in 15), it should be bumped up even more. Meaning, once you get into the 90s, points should cost ALOT more. There arent many players with elite skills, and it shouldnt be that easy to increase any one skill to elite. Making those elite points cost more would also convince others to spread those points around more instead of trying to develop one elite skill. Especially for position specific ratings and other important ratings like awareness.

3) I dont think speed should be able to be increase more than 5 points for any player. Youd never see a player go from a 4.7 40 to a 4.4 40 or anything like that. Slight improvements are common, but nothing dramatic.

I actually think the XP system has alot of potential, but its still not executed well.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:57 PM   #14
Rookie

Syncmastr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SincerelYourz
not only that, but he was also taking away attributes and putting them elsewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainTrain43
Few things....

1) I think many of you are ignoring the fact that alot of ratings mean absolutely nothing. It would be more understandable if there were alot of ratings that were very key to making a great all around player, but there are 3 or 4 ratings for every player that can make them amazing in the game...even if their overalls look pretty average in general.

2) IMO, any elite ratings in any category should be bumped up in price, and if they already are (not sure how its working in 15), it should be bumped up even more. Meaning, once you get into the 90s, points should cost ALOT more. There arent many players with elite skills, and it shouldnt be that easy to increase any one skill to elite. Making those elite points cost more would also convince others to spread those points around more instead of trying to develop one elite skill. Especially for position specific ratings and other important ratings like awareness.

3) I dont think speed should be able to be increase more than 5 points for any player. Youd never see a player go from a 4.7 40 to a 4.4 40 or anything like that. Slight improvements are common, but nothing dramatic.

I actually think the XP system has alot of potential, but its still not executed well.
I'm glad someone understands it.

If all people are taking away from this is "well yeah, you can get 99 hit power and man/zone coverage but you will have no awareness", then I don't know what else to say. You are clearly missing the point though.

After one season in an online league you will have:

QBs with 99 short/medium throwing
HBs with 99 carry & trucking
O line with 99 strength and 95 in blocking
Entire defenses of 95 hit power

If you like balanced players then you only train the important stuff to 97 and you will have some point left over to get their stamina or whatever up too.

Old 08-24-2014, 04:38 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Only a handful of ratings actually matter so it could be a problem. Dont let all the number they throw at you in the game fool you when it comes to ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 04:56 PM   #16
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncmastr
After one season in an online league you will have:

QBs with 99 short/medium throwing
HBs with 99 carry & trucking
O line with 99 strength and 95 in blocking
Entire defenses of 95 hit power
Not possible. Ran a ton of sims with my 6 hour trial and there is no way you can get enough xp for every player to bump up the attributes of whole groups of positions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »