Home

Scouting Tips

This is a discussion on Scouting Tips within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2014, 05:27 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
It's a weighted score of all of a player's physical attributes combined (speed, acceleration, strength, etc.). It's weighted towards the scheme that you run, just like overall is. That means teams that use different schemes will see the same player's rating differently.

Intangibles (INT) is the same way, only it deals more with a player's "football skills" which are more specific to their position.

The gist is that if a player has high ratings in these categories, he's probably going to be a good fit for your scheme.
Interesting! To be clear, when I am scouting players and I find that they have a decent score in either physical or intangibles, those ratings are being compared to the scheme I am running, and are not independent of this comparison?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 07:46 PM   #42
Rookie

IAHawks1903's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncmastr
One tip for anyone playing more than 1 year in their franchise. As soon as you have the XP, buy the Double Scouting points package for your coach. Its 7500 but will give you twice the scouting points to work with for the rest of your franchise.

How long does it take you to get up to 7500 coach XP? I am lucky to get 100-200 per week. I am 2-1 with the Bears and Trestman has only 350 points.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:02 AM   #43
Banned

TrufflesEater's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAHawks1903
How long does it take you to get up to 7500 coach XP? I am lucky to get 100-200 per week. I am 2-1 with the Bears and Trestman has only 350 points.
As you get deeper into the season, you start to reach the Season and Milestone goals. It shouldn't take too long to reach 7500 XP, if you're winning and make the playoffs.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:54 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhailben7
I Look for 1-2 very specific ratings for each position and scout those first. Then move to the rest of the categories afterward. For example:

QB: Deep Throw Accuracy
Can you imagine a QB with 85-88 deep throw accuracy and somewhere around 71-73 short accuracy? They must exist.. that would be a fun offense to run.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:36 PM   #45
MVP

What I disagree with regarding scouting is the relationship to scheme. Either you can block and tackle or you can't. A receiver can either get open an catch a football or he can't.

It isn't a complaint as much as an observation. At the NFL combine and pro days on college campuses they don't test based upon various schemes. They test for specific athletic abilities.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:21 PM   #46
Banned

I wish the NFL was still in the game. At the minimum give us their 40 time, bench press, shuttle and vertical results. It would be great if we could work a player out in a mini drill or play the senior bowl as well.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:22 PM   #47
Pro

Davon_A_Brown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
What I disagree with regarding scouting is the relationship to scheme. Either you can block and tackle or you can't. A receiver can either get open an catch a football or he can't.

It isn't a complaint as much as an observation. At the NFL combine and pro days on college campuses they don't test based upon various schemes. They test for specific athletic abilities.

Agreed. Who cares that the top CB played in a 3-4 in college and I run a 4-3 defense?

Th3 Chos3n On3
Old 09-17-2014, 02:07 PM   #48
Rookie

BeantowneS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davon_A_Brown
Agreed. Who cares that the top CB played in a 3-4 in college and I run a 4-3 defense?

Th3 Chos3n On3
So the majority of the current players on their current teams are fits for the coaches schemes. There are some draft picks that fit into that "to good so I don't care what scheme" but those are usually drafted early. My 1st and sometimes second rounders are the best bang for my dollar picks. After that I draft for my scheme and look for high dev so I can find gems. The boosted stats are always a help for depth when they fit your scheme.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »