Home

Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping to see?

This is a discussion on Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping to see? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2015, 10:27 AM   #57
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping to se

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Animation, and the quality of the animations is one of my biggest gripes. Some of the stuff I see in this game I can't believe made it into the game. I mean some stuff doesn't even look human. I can't imagine it being mo-capped that way. Also some of the mo-cap direction is bad. Some of the moves don't look like professional athletes.

The QB animations alone are embarrassing at times. Why have sig QB animations if they don't trigger for certain throws? I shouldn't have Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers throwing like Tim Tebow motion wise. Also it seems like the styles haven't been touched since they were added in Madden 12. Guys like Andrew Luck, RG3, Russell Wilson all come off generic with their stance and animations. Every starting QB should have a unique style and animations to go along with it. Also Every throw should be captured with that distinct style. Not just one animation. Throws to the left, right, screen passes, throwing on the run, short throws, deep throws, everything.

This goes for almost every offensive position. Defense as well. The game is just way too generic. Which wouldn't be horrible, but the generic animations are also bad. Which is one reason why the game gets stale so quickly. The spastic stiff robotic goofy animations must be fixed.

That coupled with poor AI just kills the game after awhile for me. I just need more out of a football game at this stage. I'm just waiting for Madden to catch up with the generation.
Man, we need this on a billboard and posted right in front of the devs office. How the animations that make it into this game are beyond me. Mainly the running and throwing animations. There's nothing natural about them. I would love to sit in on a mo-cap session and see the entire process from start to finish.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:28 PM   #58
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping to se

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
Man, we need this on a billboard and posted right in front of the devs office. How the animations that make it into this game are beyond me. Mainly the running and throwing animations. There's nothing natural about them. I would love to sit in on a mo-cap session and see the entire process from start to finish.
Animations definitely need to be addressed on all levels...

This goes for everything mentioned from defensive and offensive basic animation involving running to blocking to interactions with each player, teammate or opponent, and then, for me, a huge animation issue, is the very poor tackling animations that really point out that the game runs without any physics laws applied....When a Power RB, like an Eddie Lacy can be hit 1 on 1 by a sub 200 pound CB, the CB actually stopping Lacy in his tracks, then proceeding to lift and slam Lacy onto his back...SMH...Will never happen in real life...

A hit like Broncos' Safety, Steve Atwater on Power Back Christian Okoye only happens once in a blue moon, and in reality, Atwater played at around 218 pounds and Okoye was around 254 pounds, and Atwater was a natural hitter, using momentum and that point of contact thrust to administer the most amount of force on impact....

These types of big hitters are rare, maybe 1 a team, and that is being generous; point being, not every defense has 11 big hitters as there are in Madden....People tackle around the legs..
Old 05-21-2015, 12:31 PM   #59
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Atwater hit on Okoye:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvPxzQBIafo

^^^^ NOte: JOhn Elway comments, it was probably the FIRST time he seen a safety hit a 260 pound RB and knock him flat on his back..

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 05-21-2015 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:37 PM   #60
Rookie

michaelhalljr's Arena

I want FULL customization. Not only do I want to be able to take Jay Cutler's job, I also want to be able to take his wife!! 👌
Old 05-21-2015, 03:55 PM   #61
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

A feature thats really needed.... It relates to CFM.... The ability to restart a game from the point it disconnected. There really is nothing more frustrating to online cfm players than to set aside an hour to play , play thru 3-3.5 quarters and then BAM , DC happens and have to replay the entire game again. The game needs some sort of way to save stats, scores, time left on clock, possesion and where,injuries, etc.

Ideally , it should just create one save file per game, and after each play overwrite the save before it. Once game is completed it would auto delete those save files , so not taking up space on a cloud somewhere. If a dc happened, it would then let you pick up right where you left off. However , i realize the servers for madden probably couldnt handle this , and it would cause more DCs than we have now.

That being said, at then end of each quarter... it should do the above, create a save file, of all stats, injuries, scores, possession etc. Overwrite the file before it, and once game done, auto delete itself.

This really needs to be added. It could help in other modes as well, but CFM is where it hits hardest Guys in cfms have to set aside time (from their personal lives) to play about an hour long game on average. that just if they play it only once. Having a game DC is just annoying . Having to start all over. People have asked for this for a long time now.... yet to see it.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2015, 06:59 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 19

Some other mechanism that establishes "Depth Charts" other than current method utilizing the "OVR Rating".

The AI in CFM does not play 2nd rounders or less due to current Depth Chart logic. Sometimes 1st rounders don't see playing action as well

Maybe have Team Depth Logic that designates a player as a Starter, 1st Backup, 2nd Backup etc... based off of some other metric, but not OVR.

Would be nice to designate "Expected % of plays/touches" for Offensive Players.
ie Dez Bryant expects 40% of Offensensive Gameplan/plays to be directed at him, otherwise....
-his Confedence takes a negative hit
-he creates/have a negative impact on all player ratings on the team.
-takes plays off etc...

Please, for the love of God, give us back some customization ability for Create A Team.
Or at least at minimum, allow the gamer the ability to choose colors!!!

Like Coach Mode, be able to watch an actual Combine taking place over 2-3 days with the ability to choose the different stations on the field to watch a particular player and/or positional group.
Whether it be...
-40 yrd dashes
-throwing/catching
-OL/DL drills
-WR/DB drills etc...

Would really add life to CFM.
Imagine gamers in a league being able to attend a Combine and get a glimps of what the generated players look like to set their Draft Boards.

Maybe my thinking is too far ahead!!!

Last edited by khaliib; 05-21-2015 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-22-2015, 10:46 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 21

I pray that they tweak sideline awareness...how silly is it when you see your back or WR just run out of bounds even though there was more than enough room to cut upfield for more yards?? I am sure it is linked to momentum but they def need to tweak that!

C
Old 05-22-2015, 10:58 AM   #64
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I pray that they tweak sideline awareness...how silly is it when you see your back or WR just run out of bounds even though there was more than enough room to cut upfield for more yards?? I am sure it is linked to momentum but they def need to tweak that!

C
yet another thing that they've said they've fixed smh

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »