Home

Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping to see?

This is a discussion on Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping to see? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2015, 12:04 PM   #33
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping to se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
This so much. I could handle issues with the gameplay, but the confidence mechanic caused me to drop out of a CFM I helped start 3 years ago. I'm not very good at the game, and once I went 3-13 in the 1st season, it was nearly impossible for me to have any kind of success going forward.

Even in my "good" games I lost confidence because I don't gain a ton of yards on offense. 14/20 180 yards and a TD and I would have a -3 net in confidence. My DB has 2 knockdowns and he loses 4 confidence because he didn't catch it.

Okay idea, just terrible implementation that needs adjusting so badly. If it's done the same way, I'm probably going to skip this year because it's just not worth the trouble.
Agreed 1000% it made playing in an sim online CFM impossible for me.

If they can't revamp it....then give the league an option to toggle off the confidence mechanic. But then they would have to grey out the confidence options in game prep.

So...who knows if it can be done.

But it needs to be overhauled to reset every season back to 50 across the board at the very least.

As far other improvements?

A robust functioning penalty system

A dynamic and realisitc injury system ala HC09

I am very curious to see the revamped scouting and draft being touted for 16.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 05-20-2015 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:21 PM   #34
Rookie

Re: Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping to se

Make difficulty vs cpu actually matter.

Instead of turning up the sliders make them more creative. The only difference between all pro and all madden is the cpu makes 90%+ pass conpletion instead of 70-80

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2015, 12:38 PM   #35
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Animations are a big issue, yet still behind fundamental game play and working attributes and sliders, with descriptions of how they all work together..

One of the animation issues that bothers me is the collision stuff; more so than the goofy running...People bouncing off each other like they are beach balls..A player gets ht and they are knocked back about 7 yards, etc etc...We have all seen this stuff...

As a person that loves to run the ball, getting stuck on the back of my linemen is very annoying and an issue I thought we were told was fixed for M15....

Also, I shouldn't have to jump over a players' foot to avoid tripping; the runner should have that awareness to step over another players' feet..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2015, 01:24 PM   #36
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
I think gang-tackling needs to be improved drastically, but it all goes back to having smoother animations overall in the base engine. The animations now are just ridiculous and once a defender is tackling a player who's locked into a certain animation, the other would-be tacklers are rendered useless:

Look at how Lynch is floating when he's locked into his animation and being "tackled." His feet aren't planted to the ground any more.

Also, in real life, we see many times RB's run 1-2 yards straight into the line and be wallowed up by defenders. In Madden, if you run straight into the line it'll take at least a couple of seconds to trigger a wonky animation and have the RB just fall on his stomach with his carrying arm twisted around his back. It looks awful.

We also desperately need new ball carrier animations not just for unique running styles, but the way they protect the ball when they're tackled. These tackle animations where the ball carrier has just one hand on the ball is an enormous eye-sore.
It's 2015 how is this stuff still acceptable. Guys fall toward and defenders can do nothing to stop them. Considering football is known as a game of inche's you think it would be a priority to get things like this taken care of. A force field stumble for 3+ yards is absolutely unacceptable.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:13 PM   #37
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I'd also like to see a NFL Playoff mode with playoff atmosphere. Would like a gameday mode as well, like the other sports games have where you can play the current matchups of the day with the exact roster, times, and conditions.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-20-2015, 02:26 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005

I'm also hoping they make it a little tougher in the trenches. Runs like this up the middle was way too easy this year no matter what you did with the sliders or the difficulty you played on. DTs would hardly ever penetrate the pocket and blow the run up in the backfield. Short yardage runs was pretty much guaranteed. I'm really hoping were working on this gameplay issue too..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 05-20-2015 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:44 PM   #39
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

It would definitely be a best of in terms of cfm features. Bring back the best franchise mode features that were in but were taken out.

Players need more awareness in certain situations. No more running out of bounds when they're five or more yards from the sidelines especially on 3rd and 4th down.

Also the game needs a massive cleanup in animations and the physics engine.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:20 PM   #40
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I'm also hoping they make it a little tougher in the trenches. Runs like this up the middle was way too easy this year no matter what you did with the sliders or the difficulty you played on. DTs would hardly ever penetrate the pocket and blow the run up in the backfield. Short yardage runs was pretty much guaranteed. I'm really hoping were working on this gameplay issue too..
I have had sliders that would shut down the run...Even soften the effect of the 01 Trap..

THe main problem I see is just play calling by the CPU...A couple of the Sugar plays I know stop the 01 Trap...Human v Human can stop the runs...

My fear is, if EA/Tiburon starts tinkering with the run game, which is my favorite, then teams will be lucky to get any yardage...I do not adhere to the idea of trying to get perfect NFL statistic results, especially when playing against the CPU; just impossible...

I am fine with EA/Tiburon making a tougher game play level above All-Madden, but I do not like the idea of the main game play being too difficult against the CPU cause that will just get even more difficult against human players..

I'll add - in M15, 3-4 defenses play the run better, especially like any game plan with the 3-4 Bear.
Zone blitzes seem to work on Traps; such as Mike 3 show 2...Pittsburgh's Game plan seems to do very well at stopping the Trap in general..

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 05-20-2015 at 03:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »