Home

Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping to see?

This is a discussion on Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping to see? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2015, 10:10 PM   #25
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping to se

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFTejada
Confidence in CFM. I play in a 32 man league & It just doesn't seem fair they reward winning so much and have the losing teams in dead water with confidence at 0.

Basically once your at 0, it's very difficult just to get it back at 50. Obviously some people are better then others at Madden, why put them at such a disadvantage because they went 6-10?

There is no room for improvement because the confidence system is flawed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
This. Atleast have confidence reset to 50 for every player on your team at the start of a new season. No teams in the NFL go into a brand new season with zero confidence. You can even award play off teams or individual award winners by letting them start the season with a boosted confidence level.
This so much. I could handle issues with the gameplay, but the confidence mechanic caused me to drop out of a CFM I helped start 3 years ago. I'm not very good at the game, and once I went 3-13 in the 1st season, it was nearly impossible for me to have any kind of success going forward.

Even in my "good" games I lost confidence because I don't gain a ton of yards on offense. 14/20 180 yards and a TD and I would have a -3 net in confidence. My DB has 2 knockdowns and he loses 4 confidence because he didn't catch it.

Okay idea, just terrible implementation that needs adjusting so badly. If it's done the same way, I'm probably going to skip this year because it's just not worth the trouble.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 10:42 PM   #26
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping to se

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
With all do respect Id prefer they try to mimick the real NFL
That's why it would be an OPTION.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 05-20-2015, 12:27 AM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Last week, Rex came on here and posted that WR/DB interactions was the first of many gameplay improvements to be announced in the weeks to come. What other gameplay improvements are you hoping to see announced?

Better Animations in general.. period..

Better fluidity, better running animations, less robotic movements, better QB animations and movements, less cartoony look to the players, more realism, better gang tackle animations, pretty much those things.. I think you get the point, Madden needs better animations overall.. DB/WR interactions has been way way over do, so they need to step it up and add more by now. It shouldn't be to hard since all those things have been done in the past about 10+ years ago.. ok.. great..

Last edited by Papa D; 05-20-2015 at 12:30 AM.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:55 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

I would love to see better edge containment from the CPU AI. One of my friends has one style of play and that's scrambling to the right or left all game and throwing to a WR coming across the field or taking off with his QB if it's there. Looks like High School football. Sometimes the CPU gets to him but the AI should adjust and shut that down if he wants to do the same trash over and over all game. Very irritating to see him do that all game with good success when I watch him stream his games with my sliders. Edge containment against running QBs definitely needs to be improved. AI needs to be able to adjust to that.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:34 AM   #29
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

I think gang-tackling needs to be improved drastically, but it all goes back to having smoother animations overall in the base engine. The animations now are just ridiculous and once a defender is tackling a player who's locked into a certain animation, the other would-be tacklers are rendered useless:

Look at how Lynch is floating when he's locked into his animation and being "tackled." His feet aren't planted to the ground any more.

Also, in real life, we see many times RB's run 1-2 yards straight into the line and be wallowed up by defenders. In Madden, if you run straight into the line it'll take at least a couple of seconds to trigger a wonky animation and have the RB just fall on his stomach with his carrying arm twisted around his back. It looks awful.

We also desperately need new ball carrier animations not just for unique running styles, but the way they protect the ball when they're tackled. These tackle animations where the ball carrier has just one hand on the ball is an enormous eye-sore.

Last edited by TexasFan2005; 05-20-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:44 AM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
I think gang-tackling needs to be improved drastically, but it all goes back to having smoother animations overall in the base engine. The animations now are just ridiculous and once a defender is tackling a player who's locked into a certain animation, the other would-be tacklers are rendered useless:

Look at how Lynch is floating when he's locked into his animation and being "tackled." His feet aren't planted to the ground any more.

Also, in real life, we see many times RB's run 1-2 yards straight into the line and be wallowed up by defenders. In Madden, if you run straight into the line it'll take at least a couple of seconds to trigger a wonky animation and have the RB just fall on his stomach with his carrying arm twisted around his back. It looks awful.

We also desperately need new ball carrier animations not just for unique running styles, but the way they protect the ball when they're tackled. These tackle animations where the ball carrier has just one hand on the ball is an enormous eye-sore.
The floating, and the constant barrel-rolling when hit are all issues in Madden that weren't there or as pronounced until Infinity was introduced. Trying to add RTP ruined this game beyond its already mediocre-at-best quality, because with that not working well they can't fall back on a bed of strong mocap animations since those are utter crap in this game, too. They needed to fix those first.

The barrel-rolling is laughable. Has anyone ever seen grown men spinning around so much after being hit? And what's funny is how a defender will be standing right in front watching the ballcarrier barrel-rolling without even trying to hit him. The defenders are probably so shocked at seeing something so silly happening, they don't even know what to do but stand and watch it.

3 seasons of those exact same ridiculous animations and I have no doubt they'll be in for a 4th in 16. I'm sure they think it looks great.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:32 AM   #31
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Animation, and the quality of the animations is one of my biggest gripes. Some of the stuff I see in this game I can't believe made it into the game. I mean some stuff doesn't even look human. I can't imagine it being mo-capped that way. Also some of the mo-cap direction is bad. Some of the moves don't look like professional athletes.

The QB animations alone are embarrassing at times. Why have sig QB animations if they don't trigger for certain throws? I shouldn't have Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers throwing like Tim Tebow motion wise. Also it seems like the styles haven't been touched since they were added in Madden 12. Guys like Andrew Luck, RG3, Russell Wilson all come off generic with their stance and animations. Every starting QB should have a unique style and animations to go along with it. Also Every throw should be captured with that distinct style. Not just one animation. Throws to the left, right, screen passes, throwing on the run, short throws, deep throws, everything.

This goes for almost every offensive position. Defense as well. The game is just way too generic. Which wouldn't be horrible, but the generic animations are also bad. Which is one reason why the game gets stale so quickly. The spastic stiff robotic goofy animations must be fixed.

That coupled with poor AI just kills the game after awhile for me. I just need more out of a football game at this stage. I'm just waiting for Madden to catch up with the generation.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2015, 11:39 AM   #32
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
Just look at the end of the play how four players use the same animation at the same exact time. SMH. That type of stuff just looks bad. If it was once every 1,000 plays fine, but stuff like that happens far too often. The game just lacks variety. It's just not an intelligent looking or playing game.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

Last edited by SageInfinite; 05-20-2015 at 01:33 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »