Home

Veteran/Rookie speed scaling according to Donny Moore

This is a discussion on Veteran/Rookie speed scaling according to Donny Moore within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2015, 08:31 PM   #17
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Veteran/Rookie speed scaling according to Donny Moore

Where is he getting these numbers? Only site I saw that has him at 4.43 is NFL Draft Scout..but that is their average..not his real time..second same site has Jamaal Charles at 4.38..and much quicker 10 yard split and 20 yard split..I'm lost here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 07-31-2015, 08:35 PM   #18
Rookie

Im sure he made a mistake. The guy no longer works at EA and probably doesn't remember every players 40 time.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:44 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCash2015
I don't know why you bothered trying to contact him, we all know there's no logic involved in any of this stuff. JJ watt after catching 2 balls probably has a higher catching rating than most halfbacks.

It's possible for a defensive player to have a good catch rating. I believe that Mike Vrabel had a really good catch rating so I do think it's possible

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2015, 09:12 PM   #20
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Guys,

Gordon's fastest split at the combine was a 4.43. Keep in mind that the P3DX electronic timer breaks very often when these guys run, resulting in electronic times that can be as many as 2 full tenths off of what their time should be.

Doony Moore correctly attributed Gordon with his fastest handheld time. That is the same way I do it at FBG Ratings, and is the way it SHOULD be done. The lack of reliability in the P3DX means that often the only fair thing to do for all prospects is to give them their fastest time. In the case of Chris Johnson in 2008, his fastest time was his electronic time. For many prospects, their fastest time is a hand time.

I have attached screenshots of the results for both Johnson and Gordon. These are screenshots from the actual PDFs that National Scouting sends out to the teams a few days after the combine is completed. The "official" times posted on NFL.com and cited "live" by NFL Network are never official. In fact, they are all hand-times taken from the stands. The official times are not released to the teams until nearly a week after the combine is over.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chris Johnson 2008.JPG (20.6 KB, 356 views)
File Type: jpg Melvin Gordon 2015.JPG (21.6 KB, 352 views)
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 07-31-2015, 09:14 PM   #21
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Where is he getting these numbers? Only site I saw that has him at 4.43 is NFL Draft Scout..but that is their average..not his real time..second same site has Jamaal Charles at 4.38..and much quicker 10 yard split and 20 yard split..I'm lost here

We do NOT post the average at NFLDS. We post the fastest time. Charles' best time was a 4.38. See the screenshot attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jamaal Charles 2008.JPG (20.8 KB, 322 views)
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2015, 10:17 PM   #22
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Guys,

Gordon's fastest split at the combine was a 4.43. Keep in mind that the P3DX electronic timer breaks very often when these guys run, resulting in electronic times that can be as many as 2 full tenths off of what their time should be.

Doony Moore correctly attributed Gordon with his fastest handheld time. That is the same way I do it at FBG Ratings, and is the way it SHOULD be done. The lack of reliability in the P3DX means that often the only fair thing to do for all prospects is to give them their fastest time. In the case of Chris Johnson in 2008, his fastest time was his electronic time. For many prospects, their fastest time is a hand time.

I have attached screenshots of the results for both Johnson and Gordon. These are screenshots from the actual PDFs that National Scouting sends out to the teams a few days after the combine is completed. The "official" times posted on NFL.com and cited "live" by NFL Network are never official. In fact, they are all hand-times taken from the stands. The official times are not released to the teams until nearly a week after the combine is over.
That's good stuff man. Thanks for the insight.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:37 PM   #23
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

If we had full editing during franchise mode/CCM we wouldn't have to overreact on how players are rated.
These ratings discussions are good to see and hopefully EA will take off the barriers and allow us to have more control over our franchise.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:40 PM   #24
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
We do NOT post the average at NFLDS. We post the fastest time. Charles' best time was a 4.38. See the screenshot attached.
I'd be interested to hear your views regarding the age related regression mentioned in donny's tweet earlier in this thread ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »