Home

Veteran/Rookie speed scaling according to Donny Moore

This is a discussion on Veteran/Rookie speed scaling according to Donny Moore within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2015, 10:45 PM   #25
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Veteran/Rookie speed scaling according to Donny Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCash2015
I don't know why you bothered trying to contact him, we all know there's no logic involved in any of this stuff. JJ watt after catching 2 balls probably has a higher catching rating than most halfbacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watt played TE earlier at college or high school I believe and was reportedly pretty good so I'd say it's based on more than 2 catches tbh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2015, 10:47 PM   #26
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
I'd be interested to hear your views regarding the age related regression mentioned in donny's tweet earlier in this thread ?
I have done a lot of analysis on this, and the simple facts are that players only lose about a tenth in the 40 time over the course of a 15 year career - if they make it that long. I posted in another thread, that Donald Driver went 9 full seasons before his 40 time increased, and it only increased about 0.02 seconds. The fact of the matter is that these players do NOT regress in speed as much as EA or anyone else would have you believe. In fact, the regression is actually pretty linear, to my surprise, and most players don't even start dropping until they hit the age of 32 or so.

It is my firm belief that EA needs to drastically redo their SPD regression. The data says that it is nowhere near as drastic as they would have us believe.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 08-01-2015, 06:43 AM   #27
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
I have done a lot of analysis on this, and the simple facts are that players only lose about a tenth in the 40 time over the course of a 15 year career - if they make it that long. I posted in another thread, that Donald Driver went 9 full seasons before his 40 time increased, and it only increased about 0.02 seconds. The fact of the matter is that these players do NOT regress in speed as much as EA or anyone else would have you believe. In fact, the regression is actually pretty linear, to my surprise, and most players don't even start dropping until they hit the age of 32 or so.

It is my firm belief that EA needs to drastically redo their SPD regression. The data says that it is nowhere near as drastic as they would have us believe.
Moss went from about a 4.25 to about a 4.4. So basically he went from godly to elite.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:26 AM   #28
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

Moore is off on how he rated a lot of players, but we can always adjust them to our liking.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:13 AM   #29
Rookie

King Cardinal's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001

I thought Rex said speed regression in M16 was fixed for CFM but let's wait and see.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:41 AM   #30
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Cardinal
I thought Rex said speed regression in M16 was fixed for CFM but let's wait and see.
Yeah, we don't know if their speed fix means that speed will only drop to 12spd at 32 instead of 30 or if players will barely slow down like Dan said.

Also the regression might be completely worthless if tons of rookies come into the league with 93+ spd. I get the speed scaling and sure there might be a rookie with generational speed, but if every rookie drafted has higher speed than the vets then there's gonna be a problem.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Old 08-01-2015, 11:12 AM   #31
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

40 time and game speed are two different things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2015, 11:45 AM   #32
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
40 time and game speed are two different things.
Game speed is a complete myth. Players are never faster on the field.

"Game Speed" is a product of athletic ability combined with anticipation, reaction, and technique.

Jerry Rice was never faster than a 4.58 over the course of 40 yards, but watch some of his route-running cutups from old 49er practices and you will see why he was able to turn a 1-yard cushion into 6 yards of separation after the top of his route. His ability to keep up that "4.58 speed" through his breaks without slowing down considerably allowed him to do so.

He didn't play faster; his technique allowed him to not slow down as much as his competition did when reacting to his breaking ability.

"Game Speed" is about technique, not speed.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »