Home

So can we agree dynamic drive goals were not implemented well and must be overhauled?

This is a discussion on So can we agree dynamic drive goals were not implemented well and must be overhauled? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2015, 10:31 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: So can we agree dynamic drive goals were not implemented well and must be overhau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben2424
Negative impacts? How? I could totally see your point if we were to be penalized in drop of player morale, confidence, xp, etc for failing goals, but the fact that it gives you the option to play exactly as you would in past Maddens AND gives us that extra option to go for the goal to gain a little extra...I just do not see how that can be a bad thing???? I play my games MY way. I don't even worry about the drive goals unless it makes situational sense OR if I'm trying to raise a certain players xp or confidence...which once again proves my point. You can play your way AND still reap the rewards of completing the goals! I mean it's a win win either way!
Well the main thing is, as I said before, encouraging unrealistic or illogical football is only going to make things worse for the madden players who don't have football knowledge. They're not the type who are going to ignore goals in favor of a gameplan; if the game tells them to get 3 receptions with their RB they're going to call nonstop HB screens until they get it.

And also to the XP question. I'm a sim player too and don't need to have my guys get to 99 overall in one season. But it's a fact that the game progression has been balanced around assuming the user is going to be going for the dynamic goals each game. You get just as much XP for game prep as you do for hitting the goals each game. Basically by ignoring those goals I'm missing out on 50% of the experience I could get. Player progression in Madden 16 already slow enough; and by ignoring the illogical dynamic goals you're making it twice as slow.

If the dynamic goals actually encouraged realistic play and didn't force you to illogically statpad, they'd be perfectly fine. But as they are implemented now, they are a net negative to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2015, 10:43 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: So can we agree dynamic drive goals were not implemented well and must be overhau

This needs to go away.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2015, 10:50 AM   #43
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

I'm no fan of how these goals are implemented. For the most part they don't seem situational and that's really my only issue. The good thing for me anyway, is that I don't get penalized for not completing them. But again I haven't spent a ton of time in CFM this year (just in a test league for my online league im in) so I guess I won't know how it really affects me till later on.

Reed is comin' atcha!!

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 09-12-2015, 10:55 AM   #44
Rookie

Ruben2424's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadzier
Well the main thing is, as I said before, encouraging unrealistic or illogical football is only going to make things worse for the madden players who don't have football knowledge. They're not the type who are going to ignore goals in favor of a gameplan; if the game tells them to get 3 receptions with their RB they're going to call nonstop HB screens until they get it.

And also to the XP question. I'm a sim player too and don't need to have my guys get to 99 overall in one season. But it's a fact that the game progression has been balanced around assuming the user is going to be going for the dynamic goals each game. You get just as much XP for game prep as you do for hitting the goals each game. Basically by ignoring those goals I'm missing out on 50% of the experience I could get. Player progression in Madden 16 already slow enough; and by ignoring the illogical dynamic goals you're making it twice as slow.

If the dynamic goals actually encouraged realistic play and didn't force you to illogically statpad, they'd be perfectly fine. But as they are implemented now, they are a net negative to the game.
OK you just hit on something I hear a lot of Madden gamers complain about...the fact that Madden is becoming too mainstreamed for its own good. That instead of appealing to hard core football fans, it's becoming too watered down for the average joe. Madden isn't some kind of "football for dummies" kind of thing, it's for people who watch and already understand the game. For people who are just coming into it, they can easily do a bit of research on the Internet or simply watch the game. And if something as simple as a drive goal would be too much for a noob to handle, then they should even be playing this game!!! I mean really? It even shows you a short intro video where it informs the player of the purpose of the drive goals. I mean it ain't cavemen picking up the controllers!....And about the player progression thing, I'm not really sure what to make of it yet. Why? Because in a way I feel that progression should be slow and not all players should be able to reach a 99 overall. In real life, everyone has a physical peak. You just can't always continue to improve, that's just a fact. So the fact that I can draft a rookie WR whose speed is on 90...and I can get it to about a 92 or 93 before it's said and done, that's pretty realistic. Just think to yourself...how many split seconds do you think an NFL player can shave off of his 40 time from combine to retirement? Not many I'll tell you that. So the point I'm trying to make is that you can develop players to a CERTAIN point. But that's it. That's when they get to their physical peak. And although some players may be physical freaks of nature like jj watt, even he can only improve himself to a certain degree. So slow development is pretty realistic. It wouldn't be realistic if I drafted a 80 overall RB and eventually made him a 99 overall. That's just not realistic. Period.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:11 AM   #45
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

I guess I don't see the workarounds as less annoying. In fact, I feel 32 team control becomes far worse of an issue later down the road. I'd prefer to wait for an eventual patch versus having to start over or continue on with a clunky 32 team franchise that sees no draft trades, all teams end up looking the same as they're managed by one user, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2015, 11:17 AM   #46
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

My offence got a confidence boost because they went three and out but didn't allow a sack. Smh. This feature was not thought through at all.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:35 AM   #47
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I don't think the cpu gets these boosts so you're not really penalized for not doing it. By going after these goals it gives your team an unfair boost in ratings and confidence. Kind of like gameprep a few years ago where the cpu didn't get those bonuses either. The system is flawed but it doesn't hurt you in respect to at the the cpu teams.

This is not a test.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:44 AM   #48
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
My offence got a confidence boost because they went three and out but didn't allow a sack. Smh. This feature was not thought through at all.
yeah from what others are saying it's clear that another broken aspect is succeeding at a goal even when your drive outcome was negative/failing even when your drive outcome was positive. No way you should get extra XP for allowing the CPU to score on a 90 yard TD just because it wasn't a rushing TD, LOL.

You know what's the most disheartening thing of all of this though? The fact that nearly all the reviews (at least the ones seen on metacritic) praised this system as a good system. That tells me that most of the reviewers either didn't play enough to notice the obvious flaws (bad) or are the type of people who don't even know football to realize how illogical and flawed they are (even worse)

Last edited by kadzier; 09-12-2015 at 11:46 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »