Home

The Broncos' Defense Dominated Super Bowl 50, But Can't in Madden

This is a discussion on The Broncos' Defense Dominated Super Bowl 50, But Can't in Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2016, 08:56 AM   #25
Rookie

Cajungodfather's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Broncos' Defense Dominated Super Bowl 50, But Can't in Madden

Offense is always going to be better than defenses in madden. For the same reason that the NFL has more rules to protect offenses than defenses, to allow higher scoring games. The majority of fans now, want to see big plays and high scoring games. I'm on the old school side, I'd rather see two hard nosed defenses slugging it out, but that's not the mainstream thought anymore. Madden will sell more games as an offense first game, as opposed to defense wins championships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2016, 10:05 AM   #26
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
Best point made here on this yo, and factual. Everything else is just background noise. Its not about quality that was never the point. Its about CONTENT, and some games have more than others, simple as that. I have no idea what some of these other posts are talkin about...
How is this factual when you have a video game developer in this very thread stating that the more content in a game and the bigger size of a game doesn't always mean the game quality is better on a bigger size game with more content.

I'm sorry, but quality is being inferred with some of the post in the thread going along with bigger game size as the subject comes up infrequently.

Last edited by roadman; 02-20-2016 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:14 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
How is this factual when you have a video game developer in this very thread stating that the more content in a game and the bigger size of a game doesn't always mean the game quality is better on a bigger size game with more content.
In my last post I said that its about content, not quality...

Quote:
I'm sorry, but quality is being inferred with some of the post in the thread going along with bigger game size as the subject comes up infrequently.
Things can be inferred incorrectly.

Youll have to show me where quality was mentioned by anybody questioning the size. If anyone actually did say that theyre wrong, but it doesnt change the fact that amount of content has something to do with size. I think if your game is like the lowest weight of all sports games there has to be SOMETHING to that.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:20 AM   #28
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
In my last post I said that its about content, not quality...

Things can be inferred incorrectly.

Youll have to show me where quality was mentioned by anybody questioning the size. If anyone actually did say that theyre wrong, but it doesnt change the fact that amount of content has something to do with size. I think if your game is like the lowest weight of all sports games there has to be SOMETHING to that.
And that is what I mean, your last sentence is a inference, is it not?
Old 02-20-2016, 10:23 AM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungodfather
Offense is always going to be better than defenses in madden. For the same reason that the NFL has more rules to protect offenses than defenses, to allow higher scoring games. The majority of fans now, want to see big plays and high scoring games. I'm on the old school side, I'd rather see two hard nosed defenses slugging it out, but that's not the mainstream thought anymore. Madden will sell more games as an offense first game, as opposed to defense wins championships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But its been that way for years. Decades. The NFL hasnt been a defensive league in eras now, so we cant say its "today's fans", and this has been the choice of the NFL to make rules to favor offense more and more over eras going back as far as the 1950's when more offensive advantages started coming in gradually. This isnt a new situation we are just at the height of it now.

Plus, if Madden is reflecting the offensive slant that the real NFL is producing then we cant jump on Madden for that.

See, people may look at what I say as always negative but Im fair about my criticism, the problem is that Madden has so much to criticize that it overshadows what they do right, but this time Im on Madden's side. I dont want the game to be a '72 Dolphins Vs '85 Bears defensive game just because some people want it that way. I want the game to reflect the type of offense that happens in real life, and knockdown drag out defense is not realistic to the NFL game we watch. If we want that then we arent asking for a sim of the real NFL and we are then contradicting ourselves.

We cant have it both ways.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:24 AM   #30
Banned

Quote:
And that is what I mean, your last sentence is a inference, is it not?
Not necessarily an incorrect one though.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:28 AM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Not necessarily an incorrect one though.
Not at all, just all a matter of personal opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2016, 10:38 AM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Not at all, just all a matter of personal opinion.
Maybe, but I dont see how if they added the like 250+ missing things that:

*we see on Sundays

*were in other football games

*were in older Maddens

*are in other sports games

that Maddens file size wouldn't be bigger. Just this article alone shows things that arent in the game but should be, and it doesnt even scratch the surface.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »