Home

The Broncos' Defense Dominated Super Bowl 50, But Can't in Madden

This is a discussion on The Broncos' Defense Dominated Super Bowl 50, But Can't in Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2016, 07:38 PM   #57
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: The Broncos' Defense Dominated Super Bowl 50, But Can't in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGboyswifT27
Great post! Any way EA can read this?
They don't post much during the winter/spring when working on the next iteration, but IMO, last year's interaction by Rex and others made it pretty clear that they do read the Madden threads here.

By the time this article came out they would have probably locked down the feature set for M17, so hopefully they had already decided to make changes that will allow defenses to be more dominant.

The performance by both teams in the Super Bowl hopefully just added a push to the direction that they were already treading toward(fingers crossed)

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:03 PM   #58
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
They don't post much during the winter/spring when working on the next iteration, but IMO, last year's interaction by Rex and others made it pretty clear that they do read the Madden threads here.

By the time this article came out they would have probably locked down the feature set for M17, so hopefully they had already decided to make changes that will allow defenses to be more dominant.

The performance by both teams in the Super Bowl hopefully just added a push to the direction that they were already treading toward(fingers crossed)
Agreed, less than 3 months away and the game is near or at beta format.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:44 AM   #59
EA Sports Community Manager

EASPORTS_AJ's Arena

OVR: 2
This is a well thought out writeup, and I appreciate the time that went into it. Your feedback is always heard, and I appreciate the dedicated fanbase over here at OS. Once again, that you guys for the suggestions and feedback on the game.

-AJ

#GoBroncos
Old 04-06-2016, 02:23 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0
This article pretty much brings to light the reason I do not play Madden anymore. This is a great article about the main problem with Madden and I applaud the author. Defenses have no awareness. I love Madden and played a lot of Madden 15, but 16 is just broken. Hopefully changes will be made and I can go back to playing Madden 17.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:26 AM   #61
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

In Super Bowl 50, football fans watched the Denver Broncos win a championship with arguably the deepest and deadliest defense to play in the NFL's current Penalty Flag Era (TM). But in Madden NFL 16, gamers won't be able to generate consistent pressure on quarterbacks or shutdown opponents' top receivers using Gary Kubiak's dominant defensive unit (I call them Kubiak's defense, because Madden still doesn't include any coordinators or assistant coaches).

Drive Out, Four Verticals, Inside Zone, Fullback Dive –- those four plays are all it takes to consistently move the chains in Madden NFL 16, even on the hardest difficulty setting (All-Madden), against the highest-rated defenses in the game...

Read More - The Broncos' Defense Dominated Super Bowl 50, But Can't in Madden

Great well written piece...Madden's scripted game gets in its own way
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2016, 06:04 PM   #62
Banned

Didn't Rex say in a podcast that he was pretty much satisfied with where the gameplay is? That makes me think gameplay isn't going to receive as much attention this year, hope that's not the case but that's how I took it.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:49 PM   #63
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
Didn't Rex say in a podcast that he was pretty much satisfied with where the gameplay is? That makes me think gameplay isn't going to receive as much attention this year, hope that's not the case but that's how I took it.
I understand how you would take that because that is how it sounded, but I'm sure there will be a few things or more added to game play to market the game.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:26 AM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I understand how you would take that because that is how it sounded, but I'm sure there will be a few things or more added to game play to market the game.
As you can see from this thread, gameplay needs more than a few things added. I took it as him saying gameplay isn't going to be the main focus anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »